“Wonderful Stay - Fantastic Shuttle Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Wonderful Stay - Fantastic Shuttle Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean, breakfast was great and well stocked each morning. I love the waffles. Fruit and coffee is available all day and the business center was convenient for printing boarding passes. Hosts were very attentive. One thing that stands out most was the shuttle service - Damien was super fast picking our family up at the airport and was very friendly and kind on the ride back, very genuine. After an early flight and tiring week, it was great to return to such a reliable establishment. We've never been disappointed at any Hampton Inn. Thanks for your impeccable service Damien and the Hampton Inn BWI.

Stayed April 2014
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time out of your day to write such a lovely review about our property. Damien is definitely one of our star employees, so it's not surprising that he and the rest of our staff provided you with a great experience! We're glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast as well as our 24-hour coffee and tea bar. We welcome you any time to our property the next time you are in the BWI region. Have a wonderful day!

Julia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

The night I stayed here the hotel was full - not sure why. The hotel is a bit sad/soulless. it is "offsite" a few miles from the airport. There is no restaurant (just a breakfast room) and in walking distance you have the option of McDonalds, ...or McDonalds. There is a small gym (1 bicycle, 1 walker, 2 running machines). The staff on the front desk were friendly but what I found unacceptable was that the bed sheets were stained. The hotel is under the flight path so there is some quite loud plane noise.

Room Tip: Go somehwere else
Green Features: Clearly they are saving on detergent (sheets were not clean).
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI. I am sorry about the stains in the sheets; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Hampton Inn BWI, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Regards
Mustapha Agourram
GM
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently on the way to our cruise, and again on the way back. The service and extra perks provided are amazing.
First of all, our flight came into Baltimore a bit early on a Monday morning. We wanted to drop off our luggage and then take the train to Washington for the day. Even though it was early in the day (around 10:30 am), they already had a room ready for us. Unfortunately, Washington was closed due to the snow, but we make other plans instead. On the way back to the hotel that night, they had a snack buffet with cheese, crackers, wine - awesome.
Next morning, their 'continental' breakfast consisted of eggs, sausages, cheese omletes, hashbrowns/potatoes, make your own waffles, as well as the standard cereal, toast, muffins. More than one can ask for.
The shuttle drivers were helpful and courteous, as were the front-desk staff. Shuttle drivers will take you to the train station as well as the airport. The rooms were nicely furnished and comfortable.
They even look after little details, such as if you forget your toothbrush, or little things like that, they have some available. Even the Shampoo is a higher quality brand name (Neutrogena) than the regular cheap stuff you find in most hotels.
Coffee, Tea, hot chocolate were available 24/7 in the lobby.
Their computers in the lobby are well set up for travelers - providing links to all the airline pages, so one can easily access and print out boarding passes.
All this was at a very reasonable price. We were very happy with our experience, and will stay there again if we pass through Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Good Afternoon!

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the 24-hour on demand shuttle service, complimentary Happy Hour, our complimentary hot breakfast, and your room. Our staff strives to take care of each and every guest, so I'm happy to hear that you experienced their fantastic customer service! We welcome you back to the property the next time you are in the BWI region. Have a great day!

Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had a wonderful time staying here. The staff was AWESOME! Damien, The Shuttle driver, is a great person and I enjoyed his conversation riding to the airport. Overrall I had an enjoyable stay. I had just landed from Afghanistan and the taxi driver was really rude and wasn't helpful with helping me find somewhere to stay. He found this Hampton Inn by the Airport without really looking but just driving and I was really nervouse that the staff will behave the same way as the taxi driver. But it was a different story with them. They mad me feel at home and welcomed from the begining to the end with Damien ended out my overnight stay with a great conversation while driving me to the airport in the shuttle. Thank you very much Staff and keep up the good work.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello!

Wow--what a great story of our staff turning a potentially miserable night for you into a fantastic one! I am so proud that our team provided you with a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We most definitely appreciate your service to our country! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and I will pass your kind compliments along to our team and Damien. Have a good evening, and we hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region!

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Our company usually puts us up here for business travel when we are in the area.

Good: The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. Julia made our check-in quick and enjoyable and helped us pick a place for dinner. The shuttle service is excellent and pretty quick, whether you are going to the terminal or to one of the local restaurants. The drivers are excellent, even in snow! The Managers reception and a complimentary glass of beer when you arrive definitely makes me feel more at home.

Less than good: I don;t want to call it bad, because they are just doing their job and trying to make everything as nice as possible for us, but some of the staff is pretty intrusive. They all carry radios that are apparently all turned up to max, every time I went to the front desk, one of the radios was baring over my conversation, never mind the ones I heard outside my room all night... Despite having plenty of elevators, it seemed that I was always in one with a cart, or a bin or a garbage can. At breakfast, if there are 300 pads of butter out, they do not have to be restocked when that number hits 295, the same goes for utensils and oranges... Thank you for breakfast, but chill out.

1 Thank AVIVIII
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for choosing us (well, I should say--thank you to your company for booking your stay with us!). We truly appreciate your feedback as it serves to better our team. I'm so happy that I was able to provide a nice and quick check-in! We're glad to hear that you took advantage of our 24-hour on demand shuttle service to and from all local restaurants within a 2-mile radius as well as the complimentary happy hour. As for the less than good items that you mentioned, I will alert our staff to be cognizant of them because I can see where you are coming from. The radios, in particular, can get pretty loud when they are turned up the whole way and can be a pest to guests, especially ones that are at the front desk or trying to sleep. Again, we thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel was fine. They tried to overcharge for parking, although corrected it when questioned. When waiting for shuttle, it took 30 minutes (and multiple dials) to get someone to answer the phone to send the shuttle. The driver was great!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel.I am sorry to hear about the parking charge. Compared to the parking facilities in the area, we charge the most compititive parking fee to leave your car at our property. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Clean room, great staff help, excellent breakfast with nice variety, fantastic service. The shuttle service is great for light rail, marc train, amtrak to dc and surrounding restaraunts within 2 miles. The front desk staff provided a list of restaraunts within shuttle and were always friendly and helpful. I would like to send a special thanks to the very accommodating general manager Mustapha Agourram. He gave me a piece of mind as he helped me make sure my daughter had a safe shuttle to downtown baltimore for a convention center at a new hotel. Also, when I wanted to reheat leftovers, Julia from the front desk made sure to get us microwavable dishes. (twice).
Any questions we had about downtown, dc, or to eat, they always were all approachable including the drivers. In particular, Damien went above and beyond to be warm and helpful to us.

Room Tip: All are good. Any floor is fine as it is small enough to get in and out.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hello!

We loved having you and your daughter at our property! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to accommodate you with whatever you needed. Our General Manager Mustapha truly cares about each and every guest, and it shows! If you are ever in the area, we extend our welcome for you to come back anytime. Have a wonderful day!