Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Hampton Inn BWI”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel was fine. They tried to overcharge for parking, although corrected it when questioned. When waiting for shuttle, it took 30 minutes (and multiple dials) to get someone to answer the phone to send the shuttle. The driver was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel.I am sorry to hear about the parking charge. Compared to the parking facilities in the area, we charge the most compititive parking fee to leave your car at our property. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Clean room, great staff help, excellent breakfast with nice variety, fantastic service. The shuttle service is great for light rail, marc train, amtrak to dc and surrounding restaraunts within 2 miles. The front desk staff provided a list of restaraunts within shuttle and were always friendly and helpful. I would like to send a special thanks to the very accommodating general manager Mustapha Agourram. He gave me a piece of mind as he helped me make sure my daughter had a safe shuttle to downtown baltimore for a convention center at a new hotel. Also, when I wanted to reheat leftovers, Julia from the front desk made sure to get us microwavable dishes. (twice).
Any questions we had about downtown, dc, or to eat, they always were all approachable including the drivers. In particular, Damien went above and beyond to be warm and helpful to us.

Room Tip: All are good. Any floor is fine as it is small enough to get in and out.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hello!

We loved having you and your daughter at our property! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to accommodate you with whatever you needed. Our General Manager Mustapha truly cares about each and every guest, and it shows! If you are ever in the area, we extend our welcome for you to come back anytime. Have a wonderful day!

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My stay at this hotel was a very last minute arrangement. I was supposed to fly into another city, but got diverted into Baltimore-Washington International (BWI). My airline gave me 5 minutes to make hotel arrangements before having to board the new flight they had scheduled for me. I know Hampton Inns deliver excellent service and you can always count on a great room and this one came up on my computer search as providing an airport shuttle, which was a must. I called to verify that it offered the service and made the reservation so I could have a place to spend the night upon landing late in the evening. This Hampton Inn was excellent and helped turn things around for me, especially since I had originally planned to land at Washington National Airport (DCA). Upon landing, I called to ask for the shuttle and it came in under 5 minutes. The driver helped me get settled, and we were at the hotel in minutes. The front desk made me feel welcome and I was quickly checked in. A nice, clean well-appointed room awaited, and I was able to relax for the first time in many hours. Having had no time to eat dinner before being whisked onto my rescheduled flight, the hotel front desk staff took the time to tell me what was still open, and the shuttle took me to the restaurant (nearby Marriott) that I picked. The food was every bit as good as what they described, and they picked me up when I was ready to return. I settled into my comfortable room for the night. I relaxed and was able to get a good night's sleep, before waking up in time for the great breakfast that came with my room. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. After a very frustrating evening with my diverted flight, not able to eat dinner until 11:30, and coping with severe storms at my point of origin, this hotel helped me put all that behind me. I can't say enough about the wonderful front desk staff and the shuttle drivers, all of whom provided professional, yet friendly service to me so I could enjoy my unexpected stay, when I would rather have been home. Hotel is well maintained and there is a good variety of food at the breakfast buffet. When I was ready to leave, the shuttle took me to the train station which is served by Amtrak and Maryland's MARC trains, so I could start my journey back home. For anyone trying to get to the Washington, DC, area from BWI, both the Amtrak and MARC trains connect to the Washington Metro subway system, but I would recommend that connection take place during the daytime, not at night. So, although BWI is not near DC, it is possible to get to DC from the BWI Airport area, or vice versa if you need to catch a flight at BWI, but don't want to take a chance on getting caught in traffic and miss your flight at BWI. If you need a hotel convenient to BWI, I highly recommend this Hampton!

Room Tip: If you reserve online, Hampton has a section to state your preferences. You should use it to be sur...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Good Afternoon,

Wow...I am speechless! What an amazing experience our team was able to provide for you. I am beyond proud that our staff, from the shuttle to the front desk to the breakfast attendants, was able to turn your potentially unpleasant situation into a great one! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn BWI, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Camarillo, California
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife, 2 year old, mother in law, and I stayed here after my wife and I participated in a conference in Baltimore. We had a 6:45am flight out of BWI the next day. This hotel was great for what we needed. The service was excellent. There was no breakfast, but at 4am, no one is really that hungry. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice. Conveniently located near BWI and the car rental center.

Stayed March 2014
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hello!

We were so happy to have been able to provide a great experience here for you and your family at the Hampton Inn BWI. We thank you for providing your feedback--it is very valuable for our staff! We hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region. Have a great weekend!

Johnstown, PA
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have stayed here a number of times before traveling out of BWI Airport for early morning flights. The location is really convenient for that. There are secured parking facilities nearby with airport shuttles where you can leave your car. Alternatively, the Hampton Inn BWI has park and fly deals which we have used before where your car can be left on the hotel parking lot for the duration of your trip, using the free airport shuttle that the hotel provides. That parking is unsecured, but a good deal (bring your beater car if you have one).

The hotel, like all Hampton Inns in my experience, is predictably at least average. The free breakfast is adequate and convenient. The carpeting looks rather old and worn in places, especially on the elevator. Most recently, our room also looked like it could use a makeover. It was basically clean (as is usually the case with Hampton Inn locations in general), but it was rather beat-up looking.

But, in the end, it is a great location and a good value for the Baltimore-Washington area. It is a really good option for that pre-flight overnight stay for an early morning departure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. We are pleased to let you know that we have replaced our elevator carpets. Furthermore, we are constantly working on upgrading our guest rooms.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely
Mustapha Agourram
Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were completely surprised and unaware of what we would find at Hampton Inn BWI. The kind and friendly staff to the great breakfast all at a great price. Mover over, the look and feel of the contemporary amenities coupled with great caring service earns them an excellent rating from us. Nice design and style. a hat trick in my mind. We especially want to recognize the shuttle driver, Damien, whose smile and service made for a bitter sweet departure. He was fun and light hearted. He along with all the staff made feel at home. great job Hampton Inn!

Green Features: while eco friendly is all the rage, nothing was lost in terms of quality and service.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Daniel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff--they strive to make every guest's experience as great as yours! Damien is one of our all stars, so thank you for his shout out. I will pass it along. We would love for you to stay with us the next time you are in the area, and thanks again for the kind words. Have an awesome weekend.

Berlin, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful finding a place for dinner. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to find complimentary wine and snacks in the lobby area. Breakfast was good with many options, and the free transit to the airport was great and convenient! Drivers leaving and returning were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time to write a great review. Your feedback is definitely appreciated by us! I'm happy to see that you were able to enjoy our complimentary Happy Hour, which is Mondays through Thursdays from 5:30-7:00 pm. I will pass your compliments on to our team. Have a lovely day, and we will see you the next time you are in the area!