Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Above average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We picked it because of its location near BWI. For access to the airport, it can't be beat. Ditto for the variety of inexpensive restaurants in the area. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast worth getting up for in the morning. The fitness center is another major plus here. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I will share your comments with our team. We here at the Hampton Inn BWI strive to provide a great experience for each and every guest. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Baltimore area. Thank you so much again for your kind words and patronage. Have a lovely day!

Julia Flores

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel was our first choice coming from abroad being stationed in Turkey for a family visit back to the USA. The courtesy shuttles, comfortableness, friendly staff and quality rooms where above reproach! I can not find a negative but will stress the positives... This hotel has a staff and amenities that where wonderful; thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so happy that we could accommodate your needs and provide a great hospitality experience for you here at the Hampton Inn BWI. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and again, thank you. Have a great day!

Julia Flores
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I travel frequently, and let me tell you, service like this is rarely seen! The hotel was ready with our rooms even before our herd of 30 was off the bus. I had several interactions with the front desk employees and specifically the night shift manager, Daniel, and every person went above and beyond to help me, from recommending an excellent restaurant to taking care of forgotten items and having fresh cookies for all of us to enjoy! I can't say enough about how nice it was to finally interact with a hotel staff that was genuinely kind and helpful, from evening until we flew out the next morning! I won't soon forget this experience and will book with them any time I fly through Baltimore again!!

• Stayed July 2013
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for the lovely comment regarding your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your feedback

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Cons:

WiFi was worthless. It constantly kicked me off and made me log in again. Even when I was connected, I had virtually zero signal.

Lobby computers were not dependable. One terminal was shut down completely (tried to restart it but it wouldn't restart). The other terminal kept crashing every time I tried to log in to web Outlook for work email.

Requested a handicap shower/bath. Front desk didn't seem to know what rooms had shower benches or not, so they made a guess. Got to the room and the only difference was the tub wall was a little lower than a regular tub. They had to bring an in-the-bath chair.

I'm on crutches/walker and somehow they thought it was a good idea to put me on the 4th floor in the farthest corner away from the entrance. It was a complete maze getting to my room, including going up ramps in the hallway. Bad idea to have all handicap rooms the farthest from the elevator/entrance on each floor and having people in walkers or wheelchairs have to battle ramps in the hallway.

Ordered delivery for dinner and put leftovers in the fridge. The fridge light was on, but it was not cool inside at all. I searched all over for a thermostat and there was none. Maintenance came up and pulled the fridge out of the cabinet and did something to the back of the fridge and said it would work now. Went to eat the food the next day and it was a stinky sauna inside. They had to replace the entire fridge. Lost the food of course because it was spoiled.

The air conditioning unit was on its last legs. I had it turned down all the way to 60 degrees just to maintain a semi-comfortable room. After the first day, the unit started squeaking really loudly with a fast repetitive chirp. I just resorted to ear plugs because after a 14 hour day of work, I had no desire to pack up my stuff and move to another room or have maintenance in my room all night working on it.

Pros:

Good hot breakfast
Happy hour with free wine, beer and snacks every night.

Room Tip: If you need to have WiFi for work, get as close to the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. I am sorry that your experience with the business center and the internet did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
California, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at Hampton Inns in the past, and have had decent experiences. This location, however, stands out from the others. The people who work there are outstanding!! From the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcomed by the friendly and efficient staff. The location was chosen for a family wedding, and it was wonderful. The hotel was very clean, the lobby was beautiful and the comp breakfast was better than most. And I have to say again everyone was friendly, from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, to maintenance - really everyone!! They went above and beyond to help, offer advice about the area, and made sure we had everything we needed.

Room Tip: We had a few folks staying away from our block, and they all said the hotel was very quiet, even tho...
Green Features: Feel good to stay at places that are more environmentally aware. From what I researched and what I witnessed, they are doing an admirable job.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Greetings from the Hampton Inn BWI staff
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear about your experience. We have shared your comments with the entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.
Lakeland, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Upon arriving at BWI, I've stayed here a night every quarter for about 5 years. It's convenient to the airport, a short drive from the rental car location, the rooms are clean, and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. It's a large property with 5 floors, and ample parking. Breakfast has varied but typically includes eggs of some kind, meat of some kind, cold cereals, fresh fruit, small pastries, toasts-bagels-english muffins, juices, coffee, waffle maker. The lobby has a computer for guest use, the in room wi-fi works good. There are a couple of restaurants nearby (driving distance), a gas station not too far away, and easy access to 195 and 295.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

Mustapha
Danville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight for our flight early in the morning. The shuttle and proximity to the airport was a great perk. We will probably choose this hotel to stay at again when flying out of Baltimore in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to receive positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon