Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Astoria, New York
“Amazing Stay!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Greetings,

My Girlfriend and I and another couple, were in town the weekend of May 18-May 19 (1 night) for the 138th running of Preakness and the Orioles vs. Tampa bay baseball game. Being a big tourist weekend most of the hotels were booked up or extremely expensive. Really only needing a room for the night and wanting a place that was in between both areas and safe, I came upon the Hampton Inn and I am happy I did. (The room came to $121.00)

Being I have stayed at different Hampton Inn’s I had an idea of what to expect but the staff exceed my expectations. We arrived at 11:30am on May 18th. We knew check-in wasn’t until 3:00pm but we wanted to drop off our car (free parking) and take a taxi to Preakness. The hotel held our bags and Patrick (manager) was extremely friendly and attentive to helping us get to Preakness.

I had preconceived notions that Baltimore was dangerous and unsafe; however, while some spots could be dangerous, most of the people and area by the hotel and City were great.

Room: The room was very nice. We stayed in room 216 on the second floor. We had two queen size beds. The room was extremely clean. It came with a flat screen T.V., desk/chair, and ottoman. The closet was behind a full size mirror which had space for hanging your clothes and held the iron. I will say that there was NO mini fridge or safe that I saw. Overall the room served its purpose, I wasn't blown away but we weren't in the room much.

Grounds:The actual grounds of the hotel are well kept. Everything is clean. This place in a safe area.

Food: If you have ever stayed at a Hampton Inn you know they offer a free breakfast in the morning. This location was no different. Breakfast served: 6am-10am. While it was not a five star restaurant it is actually pretty good, they have something for everyone. On this day they had cheese omelet, French toast and sausage. They also carried the usual fruit, cereals, yogurt, egg whites, pastries/bagels/English muffins, waffle maker and the juice bar which had orange juice and apple juice. I also saw the usual coffee station and fruit station (Bananas and Apples) that are 24/7. The seating area is large and they have a flat screen T.V. and a fireplace. It was very cozy.

Activities: We didn’t use them but I did see a small gym with some treadmills and a conference center.

Staff: The staff at this place is really what sets it apart. Everyone that we came in contact with was friendly, smiling and accommodating. I need to make special note that Patrick (Manager), was amazing. Super friendly guy and he went out of his way to make our stay one of a kind. All the front desk workers were amazing as well.

Transportation:They provide a nice FREE van that will drive you two miles from the hotel. There is a Chili’s (which we ate at) and a Wendy’s within walking distance.
Con: No fridge or safe in the room.

Create Memories!!!!

Scott

Room Tip: Offer a free shuttle (Van) within two miles of hotel. Chilli's and Wendy's within walking di...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this Trip Advisor review of our property. We are very appreciative of your detailed response and I will share this review with my entire team. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Take care.

Hampton Inn BWI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel is convenient to BWI airport but not so close that airport traffic or noise is an issue. Clean, safe property with a good free breakfast and very nice rooms. Spotlessly clean and comfortable. I was very happy with my visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear you found the property to be enjoyable. I will share this survey with my team. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Keys did not work 4 times during stay, from checkin, to the following morning, afternoon and next morning and staff could care less. Hilton Honors member and alway request high floor, the hotel wa at 75% occupancy, they placed me on the first floor directly across from housekeepings lanudry room..... Will never stay at this particular property again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the room keys not functioning property. We strive to provide a high level of customer service for all of our guests. Please feel free to call me to personally discuss your stay.

Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our "group" has traveled the last 4 years to support and enjoy the San Diego Padres at different stadiums across the US. We most often stay at Hampton Inns and most often are very satisfied with the service & accommodations . At Hampton BWI...... we were overwhelmed with the warm, welcoming, we're here to please staff! Three particularly amazing staffers were Mohammad (shuttle driver). He was there to take us ANYWHERE we wanted to . Patrick, (manager) was so welcoming and helpful......when we walked through the doors, we knew we would always have someone to answer our Q's with a HUGE smile on his face. Finally, Kevin, (second shuttle driver) was fun, helpful and even entertaining on every trip he took us on. We ( 5 ) of us would come back to Hampton BWI again in a heartbeat !!! Ken, Pam, Kathy, Lori & Jim

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this Trip Advisor review for our property. We are pleased to hear that you found your stay to be enjoyable. I will share this survey with my team. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Staff was more than accommodating when my daughter arrived on the airport shuttle prior to our arrival by car. Jimmy at the front desk was great. Rooms were nice, clean, and comfy.. Great breakfast buffet....plenty of food for everyone. This was our second visit to this Hampton Inn at BWI. I look forward to our next visit. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this Trip Advisor review of our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please allow us to serve you again in the future for all your BWI airport lodging needs.

Take care,

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have to give this place a four, based on price and bed comfort. When you stay at a hotel, you hope to be comfortable. The beds here, as with most Hampton Inns, were very comfortable. They provide free shuttle service to the train, which saved me money for parking, although I'd recommend using your seat belt for the evening ride home. It felt like the driver was striving for a "personal best" on getting back to the hotel. The breakfast was okay. Where the egg products are sometimes questionable, the waffle maker is always a solid choice.Our air conditioner unit wasn't the most consistent, and there was no pool but there was nothing during my stay to get upset about. When staying in hotels, I expect to get what I pay for. When I don't pay a lot, I don't expect a lot. I've paid a lot more for the same level of comfort and service at other hotels, so this hotel was totally worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Best Regards
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I especially liked the large leather chair with the Ottoman. It made me feel at home. The afternoon happy hour drinks and snacks were a nice unexpected touch. I also really enjoyed the breakfast. It had lots of good things including hot items. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013