WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Memphis, Tennessee
“Mind changing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was told the shuttle bus would take us to the nearest restaurant & pick me up. I was accompanied by a colleague and the frst thing that went wrong was the driver didn't even bother to get the door (as is customary). Gary (the driver then joked about what type of service I was expecting which was in poor taste. He also dropped us off at the bottom of the hill of the restaurant - normally one is dropped off/picked up at the "to-go" door. when we were ready to go, Gary told us it would be 10 minutes before he arrived, well thatturned into 35 minutes (we later found out he got off in that time so that is why we weren't picked up). Nevertheless, after logging my complaint, the operations Director, Patrick Wilson took care of us as only a true professional could! He along with Greg, Jasmine, and Kira, more than made up for that horrible experience that could have easily resulted in losing my company's business. My stay was a week and thosepersons mentioned made sure that every need I had was taken care of!

Room Tip: Ask for the king size room if it is just you and another, as they have the microwave/refridgerator i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Greetings from the Hampton Inn BWI
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with our shuttle. Please accept my apologies. Please note that we have addressed your feedback with the concern employee. At the Hampton Inn BWI , we stand for a 100% satisfaction. We hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.
Mustapha Agourram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Second Stay at this great airport hotel. It is well organised with wonderful rooms, a reliable shuttle service, complimentary hot drinks in the lobby and everything you would wish in an airport hotel. The breakfast-to-go bags are a really nice touch for early flights.

The hotel staff have fliers for trusted restaurants that will deliver right to your room! The food and service were excellent!

If business brings me back to the area I would not hesitate to book this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the Hampton Inn BWI. We very much appreciate your comments which we will share with our team.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The AC Unit in my room did not cool properly. The Heater had been on all day and I wasn't able to get the room cool enough to sleep. I will stay at another hotel next to the BWI Airport next time. I hope to be contacted for either a full refund, or to be extended a free room at "another" Hampton or Hilton Property.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need to get a good night's rest before a flight the next day.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello Mr. Wright:

Further to our phone conversation and emails yesterday, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. As mentioned before, we do adjust our room temperature to 68 heat and 72 AC. Since you prefer the room to be at 65 AC, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel prior to arrival time, so we could adjust it in your room accordingly.

I hope you will enjoy the points credited to your HHonors account and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future

Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here mid-December before an early morning flight out. I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk and also the manager, who invited me to their nightly happy hour; I declined and he told me to let them know if I needed anything. The room was a typical Hampton room, clean and nice with a comfy bed. Very quiet. They had a free shuttle to the airport but I did not use it as I had driven and planned to park in my favorite FastPark parking lot, right around the corner. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the BWI Airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pros: Shuttle bus is very very convenient and it's free! It will take you to eat at nearby restaurants or to the airport. Customer service and maintenance was great considering we had issues with the room so they upgraded us. Had issues with the upgrade so our stay was free!

Neutral: Close which is great except for the noise.

Cons: Rooms had maintenance issues. First room the toilet would run for several minutes every time you flushed and the TV only had 10 of the 40 channels(approx). We did get upgraded to a suite which was nice but the AC unit was leaking all over the floor and the bathroom was not very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn BWI. We are sorry that your experience with the first room us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you to our hotel in the near future

Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked and stayed at this hotel for a Christmas cruise out of Baltimore to The Bahamas. The facility was excellent. Round trip shuttle bus and 7 days on site car parking were included. The self serve buffet breakfast was fresh and plentiful. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to any cruisers leaving from Baltimore and desiring a relaxing "start" and "finish" to their cruise from the Port of Baltimore.
The front desk staff were courteous and efficient and the shuttle bus driver was friendly and professional.

Room Tip: There is a separate elevator servicing rooms towards the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you have had an amazing cruise.

We will share your feedback with the entire team.

Thanks
Somerville, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 2 nights over Christmas while visiting family- we picked it because it was one of the only hotels that didn't charge an insane fee for bringing our dog (the website says something like $25 or $50 cleaning fee but they actually didn't charge us anything). The location is fine- right off the highway and close to the airport. The free breakfast is always a plus and everyone that worked at the hotel was very friendly. No real complaints except that our room was very old and beat up (could be that they save those for people traveling with pets, which makes sense) and hallways and lobby need to be refurbished. I was pleasantly surprised to find clean and updated gym equipment though- definitely a plus!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. We are also pleased to announce that in addition to many room updates, we are renovation our lobby this month.

Happy New Year from Hampton Inn BWI team