“Great last night of a whirlwind trip with teenage granddaughter !”

Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Gilroy, California
“Great last night of a whirlwind trip with teenage granddaughter !”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

What a great last night! We came in at the train station after midnight with a tired irritable teenager and were picked up quickly by a friendly gentleman. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the staff offered us herbal hot tea( her favorite ) and fruit. check out was much later than usual so we could sleep in and rest before our long flight home in the afternoon.
The included breakfast was tasty and had something to please the fussiest eater! My husband is picky about his eggs and still talks about his Hampton inn omelet!
The shuttle to the airport was another plus! We are Best Western members BUT now will look at Hampton Inns when we travel, which is frequently.

Room Tip: If your traveling with teens or kids ask for 2 beds rather than a fold out couch as it is much more...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aggie T
HamptonBWI-MGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mustapha Agourram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a softball tournment. We stayed for a four day weekend. The front desk was very nice and friendly along with all the staff. My children (3 and 1) and I went upstairs to our room which was super clean, I walked in and smelled mildew. I immediately went to the fron desk and explained to them that my room stank of mildew. Again they were very helpful and nice, they gave us a different room on a different floor. We then went to the NEW room and I told my husband again "It smells like mildew", Later that night I went to the front desk and told them the same thing ( my husband didnt know I went down to complain). He left the room to go talk to his friend in another room and when he came back to our room he said " I can not stay in this room another night, I'm going to say something to the front desk". He went to the front desk and explained the situation to them. They again were kind and curtitious, they couldnt switch us that night for the reason they were booked for the night. So, the next morning I went to the front desk and spoke the manager, who was also very nice and accommadiating, gave us another room. This room was better. My husband waked in and said "this smells to" I didn smell it. BUT the next morning the MILDEW smell hit me like a ton of bricks. The staff especially the cleaning crew were excellent and nice. Besides the Mildew smell the rooms were VERY clean.
The breakfast buffet was excellent my children LOVED the waffles which you make.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Faye E
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. I am sorry that you had to change the room few times; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely
York, North Yorkshire
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed here as part of a tour group. We were initially at the hotel for two nights, and then at the end of the tour we returned for one more night. I would say that this was one of the better hotels we stayed in while on the tour.

The hotel was near to the airport. It was relatively quiet; we were able to get a good night's sleep on the very comfortable and large bed. The free wi-fi worked well for both of us. Rooms were clean and spacious. Toiletries included facial wipes for removing make up. Showers worked well. Reception was very helpful in giving advice about nearby places to eat, or giving us takeaway menus if we wanted to order food to our rooms. The breakfasts were very good indeed. We both enjoyed the option to have a boiled egg, or yoghurt, fresh fruit as well as hot items.

If there was one thing which I found a bit confusing it was that we called for the free shuttle service to the hotel when we arrived at the airport, but after waiting 15-20 mins without it arriving, or without our spotting it at the collection point for hotel shuttles, we finally just took a taxi to the hotel. I think it would have been easier to get a shuttle back to the airport, as the driver was on call from reception. However, a friend was meeting us afterwards so we didn't have to use the shuttle service.

That aside, we both had a very good stay and would happily use this hotel again.

1 Thank sunsetcat
HamptonBWI-MGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed her for a week during some training. The (only) restaurant got old after two days. The food was good but a little pricey for the only option. I finally left toe property to find another restaurant (on foot) and only found a McDonalds within walking distance. I felt like I was on an island.
The room was clean the service was good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Palmdale, California
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've spent 16 weeks in total at this hotel since November 2011 and have used it in the past when working in the area. The service has always been excellent and the rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast is something to look forward to with a lot of variety. Emma Susana has been a familiar face and keeps the breakfast area clean and well stocked with food. happy Hour has beer wine and soft drinks as well as finger foods. A good experience.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you require and the staff on the front desk will do their best to oblige.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Harrisonburg, VA
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were flying out of BWI in the morning & chose this hotel mainly because of free shuttle, free parking, free breakfast and very close to terminal. May be 10 minutes. Hampton Inns have a good reputation & this one does nothing to change that. Room was very small with a double bed but was very quiet & comfortable.
We will stay here again when we fly out of BWI.

Room Tip: Top floor at the end of the hall was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonBWI-MGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2012

Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for one night during August. I must say I was very impressed with our room. We had a Suite on the fifth floor with a hot tub, shower, television in the bathroom, large living room area with leather sofa and chair, large screen television, dual AC units.. The decor was very nice and the bed was wonderful. I have honestly never stayed at a Hampton Inn that has been so spacious with nice decor.
The only downside was that the hotel was very near BWI Airport, and thus the airplane noise is fairly constant. However, the price was very affordable, the location was near several restaurants, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was just okay. It would have been more enjoyable if the staff had been able to keep the breakfast menu items stocked on the buffet. We had to wait at least ten minutes before being able to eat breakfast because the staff allowed the items to run out before restocking. I have never seen such a madhouse at breakfast time. Not nearly enough seating for customers.
Overall, not a bad place to stay if your catching a flight out of BWI..

Room Tip: Go to breakfast early, because between 9 and 10...it is a complete madhouse with guests that will ru...
1 Thank Hot-n-Miami
HamptonBWI-MGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2012