WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Christmas-Time Cheer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I flew into BWI on a very early flight when I was sick with a very bad cold. I arrived at the hotel at about 9 a.m. and asked the staff if I could check in early and sleep. The staff were so nice to me I felt a little like crying! Not only did I get my room right away, they offered me breakfast. Since I had already eaten, I didn't take advantage of the breakfast offer but went straight away to my room and slept for about 7 hours until my mother arrived.
Mom and I had separate rooms but they both looked the same - neat, well-organized, and insect-free. (I checked both rooms.) The breakfasts were good quality and had a little variety each day. There is no pool at this hotel so the number of noisy children here is minimal (a plus in my book!)

Room Tip: This is a very long hotel. If you have mobility issues, ask for a room nearer to the hotel desk and...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! Traveling while you're "under the weather" can be a dificult and unpleasureable experience. I'm glad to hear that our team members were able to make your stay a little more comfortable. Your comments will be shared with all of our team members at our next staff meeting. We look forward to your next visit when you return to the Baltimore area. Have a great day!

Hampton Inn BWI Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn this past week and had a great stay. The airport shuttle was prompt and courteous. They also had a free shuttle to area restaurants & bars that was helpful since we did not have a car on the first night. We went to the Champions Bar connected to another local hotel. The drinks were a bit pricey but the service there was also very attentive.

The breakfast was well-stocked and the waffles were delicious. There was also plenty of variety with 2 different types of eggs, some fruits, oatmeal, cereal etc. We left full and happy!

The room had enough space for 3 women with a lot of stuff. The bathroom was nice and updated and everything was very clean.

Great stay overall!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We always appreciate when our guests take a moment to let us know how we're doing. It sounds as though you had a very enjoyable experience with us and I look forward to sharing your comments with our team members at our next staff meeting. The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area I hope you'll choose to visit us once again! Have a great day!

Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times in anticipation of early morning flights at BWI. I've stayed in 3 different sections of the hotel and never noticed any difference in exterior noise levels, and always got the rest I needed. I did notice that certain rooms are refurbished (I think these are the "executive" rooms) but the difference was only updated carpeting, and slight change in layout.

The check-in staff is friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable, the rooms/hotel are very clean, the breakfast is standard for Hampton Inn, but more than adequate to get you going. I appreciate the free coffee/tea/hot chocolate that is available anytime in the lobby. The airport shuttle is quick and efficient, offering "on demand" service.

If you're only staying the night before flying out of BWI, I highly recommend this hotel. It has everything you need, and the price is right.
Otherwise, there's not much in the surrounding area.

NOTE: While I could not find it expressly written on the hotel website, you can leave your car at the hotel if you are flying out and returning to the area. It's cheaper than airport parking lots (was $5/day when I stayed there), so if you're looking for an affordable option, inquire at the front desk when checking in.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feeback regarding your past 3 visits with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We greatly appreciate your repeat business and you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. From the front desk staff and breakfast,clean rooms and comfortable beds, shuttle and parking, it sounds as though we met all your lodging needs. All of your comments will be shared with our team members at our next staff meeting. The next time your travels bring you to the Baltimore area we look forward to hosting you once again. Have a great day!

Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

First thing I noticed when I checked in was the spacious lobby for this class of hotels. I was there for two nights and the breakfast was quite satisfying and did vary for each day. Most importantly, the room was very clean and the bed quite comfortable.

Room Tip: This hotel can be quite busy and, thus, noisy--there were at least 3 wedding groups on the weekend I...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how were doing. All of your comments will be shared with our team members at our next staff meeting. It's our goal to exceed the needs and expectations of all of our guest and we can't achieve that without hearing from our guests. The next time your back in the Baltimore area I hope you choose to visit us once again. Have a great day!

Southeast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

First the good: Average Hampton Inn, good sized rooms, OK free breakfast buffet. Friendly staff. Overall the property is a little "worn" for a Hampton but OK. Free shuttle to BWI, had Chinese Food delivered on a recommendation from the front desk staff, actually quite good and fed a family of 3 for $16!. The bad: The wi-fi was painfully slow, I spoke to several guests who all had the same experience. Even the hotel computers were slooooooow. If you have to conduct ANY business on line skip this property. So slow guests couldn't even print out boarding passes. Yikes!

Room Tip: Ice machines are very noisy and located near the central elevators...avoid!
1 Thank flyformoney
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI. We always like to hear back from our guests about the experience. I can assure you that all of your comments will be shared with the proper departments as well as our team members at our next staff meeting. We always try to exceed all of our guest's expectations, but sometimes fall short in specific areas like our Wi-Fi speed or ice machine noise levels. I hope the next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, you'll consider us once again for your lodging needs. Have a great day!
Newmarket, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Pros: Close to airport, decent fitness room, the usual free breakfast, friendly/helpful front desk staff. Toilets can actually flush down more than the water in them! Trend with hotels is to install low flow toilets which clog and end up using more water and being more harmful to the environment. But I am digressing. The toilets here remind me of an airplane toilet! One flush and you're done!
Cons: Noisy wall mounted heater/AC affected my sleep. Nothing in the area but if you have a car there are some good restaurants within 10 minute drive.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! Your comments will be shared with our team members at our next staff meeting. While it sounds as though you enjoyed your visit with us overall, I appreciate you letting us know about the noisy air conditioner which affected your sleep. We appreciate it when our guests let us know what we can improve upon so we can better prepare for the next guest. The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, please consider joining us once again. Have a great day!
Salisbury, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was! We got such a good rate I wasn't expecting much to be honest. The lobby was very attractive, the room was comfortable, and everything seemed very clean. The breakfast was a great bonus too! I didn't get her name but the woman who checked us in was so welcoming and friendly, it was a great start to our stay. We will definitely stay here when we're in the area next!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you very much for your positive feeback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We always appreciate hearing back from our guests about the experience they've had with us. I can assure you your comments will be shared with all of our team members at our next staff meeting. The next time you're travels bring you to the Baltimore area please join us once again. Have a great day!

Hampton Inn BWI