“Below Other Hamptons”

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“Below Other Hamptons”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I typically stay at Hampton Inns and I can only rate this one as average compared to others due to a few issues. Cons - (1) Very loud HVAC units. Initial room assigned was so bad that a new room was requested. Second room was not much better, but stayed rather than asking again for a new room. I'm very particular as I'm a lite sleeper and these were only 2 rooms out of at least 100, but 2 of 2 is not a good average. (2) The breakfast area lighting is very dim to the point of being difficult to read the paper, very strange. (3) Property promotes their "green" commitment which includes the reuse of your bath towels. Towel was hung up for resuse each day as directed but was removed by housekeeping. (4) Partially used soap, shampoo, and conditioner removed and not restocked on one day. Pros - Clean, great Hampton bedding (reason why I normally stay at Hamptons), friendly staff..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank drivesouth66
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI. Unfortunately, we appear to have fallen short in meeting your needs and expectations while staying with us. I can assure you all of your comments will be reviewed by our management staff and passed along to our team members in our next daily team meeting. I want to apologize for the HVAC units in both rooms making so much noise and for the lack of lighting you encountered in the breakfast area. The "Green" program is very important to us and we certainly will correct the oversight for future guests. I'd like to thank you for the positive remarks regarding our friendly staff, comfortable beds and cleanliness. I hope the next time you're in the Baltimore area you will give us another opportunity to meet all of your travel needs. Have a great day!

Hampton Inn BWI Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
New York, NY
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was in town to visit good friends and since I had previously stayed at this property, I knew what to expect. On this trip, I had booked a queen size bed as part of my AAA rate, but upon my arrival, I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a king size. My room was on the 5th floor and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel has undergone some renovations/modernizations. Previously, some of the rooms were looking dated, but after the renovations, I can tell you my room looked very modern, clean and has all the amenities you can ask for. Even the bathroom had a shower door as opposed to just a shower curtain and that made a world of difference.

On my way to the hotel, I realized I'd forgotten to pack my toothbrush, but in staying true to the Hampton Inn policy, all I had to do was ask for a replacement at the front desk. They were very courteous and gave me what I needed. Peace of mind is what they always give you if you happen to forget any toiletries.

The next morning I stopped by their breakfast area and they had a very nice setup with just about anything you can eat. Everything from yoplait yogurt, muffins, bagels, toast, waffles to OJ, coffee, cereal, etc. They also had bananas and apples, if you just needed a quick snack. Everything they had was fresh and the seating area is fairly large, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a place to sit.

Overall, I am very pleased with the upgrades/renovations and the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you stay on an upper floor, they have a small elevator (halfway down the hallway), right next to...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank William A
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! From the complimentary room upgrade at checkin, modern and clean rooms, full breakfast in the morning, it sounds like we met all of your travel needs and expectations. I know forgetting an item is easily done while traveling, so I'm glad to hear we could accomodate you with a replacement. I can assure you all of your comments will be shared with the entire Hampton Inn team at our next daily staff meeting. We look forward to your next visit with us and appreciate your business. Have a great day!

Union, New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is our first time to stay at the Hampton Inn.
From Washington, DC where we toured all day, we arrived at the hotel 10:30 pm tired and longing for a good night sleep to start another tour of Baltimore the following day. Only to find out that I made a mistake of booking us the wrong dates. I almost had a stroke -- but the Help Desk employee (Matthew) was very kind in helping us through. He made it happen to get us 2 bedrooms at that hour. (they should really promote him to a manager position because he was very professional and at ease in finding a solution to our problem. Matthew went out of his way to accomodate us). I guess I have to give Hampton Inn credit too for employing such an excellent employee. The rooms were adjacent to each other (another plus) and very clean -- clean beddings -- clean bathroom -- and very accomodating to a family with 2 children. And the best part was the breakfast. When we woke up - we just had to go down to the lobby where they have a spread of delicious continental breakfast. The breakfast was really superb. Too bad we only stayed one night. I thought this Hampton Inn would be noisy since It is near the airport but I was so wrong. Hampton Inn really thought this location through that I didn't hear any plane taking off or landing.

Anyway, so here goes the tiny problem: when I got home, I got a message from my credit card telling me that Hampton Inn double charged me. I called them up right away and was told that they will process a refund in 2 days. Well, from now on I will consider Hampton as my second home whenever we go for vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Hanneli D
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! After a long day of site seeing I can only imagine the uneasy feeling you had upon arrival discovering your reservation was for alternate dates. While Matthew has been with our property for only a couple months, he has several years experience with the Hampton brand, and brings a great deal of leadership and customer service skill to us. Clean comfortable rooms and a delicious breakfast are also essential to our guest experience and I'm pleased to know our housekeeping and breakfast staffs also exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for the mistake in billing, but I'm glad we corrected the error promptly. I want to assure you that your feedback will be shared with our entire Hampton Inn team at our next daily meeting. On behalf of all of us at Hampton Inn BWI, we look forward to your next visit with us. Have a great day!
baltimore
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed for a night and loved it. No problems checking in and even got an upgrade to a king without asking. The room was clean and that king bed was very comfortable. This hotel is a five minute shuttle ride from the terminal at BWI airport. They have a nice free breakfast that includes a waffle station, eggs, sausage, bagels an muffins. The rate was very reasonable. One small complaint. The key card for the room was a little stubborn. Had to fiddle with it to get the door open. Everything else was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We always appreciate when our guests take a moment to let us know how we're doing. I'm pleased to learn we provided a little extra service to you by upgrading your room without request. It sounds like our breakfast and shuttle were to your liking as well. Unfortunately, key cards sometimes will act a little "funny" and for that I apology. I'm glad that didn't discourage you from the overall experience with us. The next time you're in the Baltimore area please visit us once again. Have a great day!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed here the night before a 7:00AM flight. Great bang for your buck. Free internet and breakfast. Good location with shuttle service to the airport. Parking special for $5/day when you stay there. Room was quiet, clean. Friendly staff. Can't say enough good things.

Consider the Hampton Inn BWI when you need a room in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the park and fly deals
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BooTerp02
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! It's our goal to give each and every guest an excellent guest experience. Staying with us and having such a quick and early turnaround the next morning can sometimes be hectic. I'm so glad to hear, from our team members, to our service and amenities, we were able to meet all of your travel needs. The next time you're in the Baltimore area please join us once again. Have a great day!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a decent experience with this hotel. It's a very basic setup. They pick you up from the airport in their shuttle and their shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles which is to the train, the airport or other hotels. We stayed b/c this was the recommended choice for a wedding we were attending and the shuttle for the wedding was only picking up from here. So good deal overall. Clean hotel, Free breakfast was good, however we have a child and he was very disappointed that there was no pool. There was a chess board at a table in the waiting area but the receptionists said they had no pieces... We told them that was a tease...

If you're in town for business... it's worth the money. If you're a family... maybe not.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank allreada
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI. We appreciate all of your thoughts and comments about your visit with us. We are continuously looking for new and fresh alternatives to create the best guest experience possibe. I can assure you all of your comments will be shared with the rest of our team members and we will use them as a training tool to better meet our service goals and expectations. The next time your travels bring you back to Baltimore, please give us another opportunity to meet your lodging needs. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed here many times for business in the area. Perfect for that...rooms are large, comfortable, and great value. The beds alone are worth the price! Not for families as there's little to offer in the immediate area but good for overnight if to/from BWI (which is close by). Staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was the best I've had anywhere.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank ChiefJoe91
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI. We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to let us know about the experience . Your comments are used as training tool for our staff as we're always looking for ways to improve our service and facilites. The next time your travels bring you to the Baltimore area please choose to visit us once again. Have a great day!