Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Petaluma, United States
“Disappointed in Maryland”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

After staying at the Embassy Suites in Maryland, I was extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with the room and the poor service. It was surprising to see a room with a broken dresser drawer, tv, torn wallpaper, stains on the bedroom carpet, light switches broken, and a very noisy air conditioning unit. The handles for the shower and faucet were so flimsy, we had to gently turn them or they'd break off. The sheets and comforters were so outdated, they looked like they were hand me downs. Fortunately, the two women who cooked our breakfasts in the morning were the best part of our trip. Friendly, fast and great chefs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Armando S
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Chambersburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very attentive staff. Great breakfast. Very nice, comfortable beds. A great stay. Close to local attractions and centrally located for wedding purposes. Front desk and bell hop-friendly and effecient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your great feedback - sharing your comments with our front desk and bell station teams! Hope we see you again soon.
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wife and I stayed at Embassy Suites for one night, and the hotel was overall nice. Check in went smoothly, and the room was good. The pool and hot tub area were very nice, the problems came with the happy hour and breakfast. Both were extremely full, and the hotel did not have a good plan for dealing with the large groups. For the happy hour, the line was about 15 people long for the one bartender, and the breakfast was a disaster time-wise. There are two lines I guess, but they combine after the omelet station. The hotel also insists on personally giving you items such as bacon. This made the wait for breakfast about 25 minutes. Overall, the stay was nice, just trouble with the lines.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear FSUMot, Thank you for your feedback - we are well aware of the high volume we are experiencing for weekend breakfasts especially now that summer is offically upon us..., we are working on being more efficient in communicating to our guests to try and come down early to avoid the crowds as everyone sleeps in on the weekends which makes for a "rush hour" effect after 8:30am. We serve the hot items to provide fair portion controls - I know that makes the wait a bit longer, but this way everyone is assured we won't run out of their favorite breakfast foods. Normally the evening Manager's reception is manageably busy - we had more unexpected early arrivals that weekend so I apologize that you had to wait.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

when my husband and i go to Baltimore, the Embassy suites is our only choice. always great service there. staff is very attentive & helpful.great nite sleep. accomidations in the room met our expectations.

Room Tip: book in advance
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us! We really appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

As Hilton Honors members we enjoyed my stay; however, this past weekend there were children running around outside our room at all hours of the night which was very disruptive. We enjoyed the breakfast and the manager's special. We left an item on the hotel bed after we checked out and could not reach the housekeeping manager for the lost & found. After calling 5 different times, someone (other than the housekeeping manager) returned my call to say that they had found my item and would have the housekeeping manager call me the next day. Well the next day has come and gone without a call. I was again told that I would get a call the following day. I really hope someone will return my call. This is my first experience in leaving an item in my room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Good Day Comfort R - Thank you for your detailed review. I just spoke with our Executive Housekeeper and I understand you both have communicated and your item is on route to you. If for any reason you need any further assistance, please contact me directly at 410-854-8136 as we want to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. I know the weekend was very busy as it's the kick off for summer - I apologize for any disturbance you experienced from our other guests. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I spent our Memorial Day weekend at this hotel. We were suprised at how close it was to everything. While there's not much within walking distance of the hotel, it is 5 or 6 minutes away from Arundel Mills and only 10 minutes from Baltimore via car. They have a shuttle that will take you to nearby locations for free, it leaves every 30 minutes. The staff was friendly and accomodating and the hotel was consistently clean even with the large Memorial Day crowd. Check in was fast and easy and I love the convenience of checking out from my room. The daily breakfast buffet was wonderful and I love the nightly Manager's Reception. Such a nice touch for road weary travellers. The bed was comfortable with lots of extra pillows. There were two televisions, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. Both tv's were large. The rooms are quiet and conducive to good sleep. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Good Day Cruisingtwo - so glad you had a relaxing visit with us - you are so right - we are close to many tourist attractions - Annapolis is only 30 minutes away, and DC is only 25 minutes on the Marc train - we can shuttle you to that free of charge only 10 minutes from the hotel. The metro is accessible from Union Station and then all the DC sites are just a short metro ride away! Historic Ellicott City in Howard county is 20 minutes away - so now you have more to see on your next visit :) Thanks for your great comments!
New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed at this airport as it was close to the business that I was visiting. The motel was clean and the room was nice with a separate room from the bedroom. Happy hour was great and the resturant meals were nice. The complimentary breakfast was very nice with plenty of options. Would stay again next time at Baltimore when there is a need to be close to the airport

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wobblyboot
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. So glad you selected our hotel for your most recent stay - I know you have plenty to pick from...., glad the spacious two-room suite worked well for you. That's wonderful you were able to take advantage of our complimentary services - we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the area!