Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stay here either once or twice a year since my husband's family is from Baltimore. It's a convenient drive to Baltimore Inner Harbor. They have a fast check in and express check out. Very nice staff in all areas. Rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable beds (and I am PICKY!) They have a queen sized sleeper sofa in each room as well as coffee machine, microwave and fridge. We never seem to get there early enough for the manager's reception anymore (it was good) but the room service is terrific as well as their restaurant-Chophouse 13. If you prefer to go out the staff will give you a list of places to go (but you don't need to) My family always uses the pool and hot tub. A gym and airport shuttle is is available (we haven't used them) Breakfast is excellent!!! Your choice of eggs, as well as bacon, sausage, potatoes and other hot foods. Wide selections of fresh fruits and healthy choices. It is always well-stocked. Only thing I would ask the hotel to keep an eye on (other than regular maintaining) is to keep the soda machines stocked with water. EVERY time we go we are running to floor to floor looking for extra water.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator. Other than that- rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NancyBJ
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

NancyBJ,

Thanks for a great review! We need to get together and have you do testimonials for the hotel.

I hear you loud and clear on the Bottled Water in the machines on the floor. I will reach out to our vendor and ask them to keep an eye things for us a little better. Additionally, as a convenience, we have a little "Suite Shop" near the front desk that offers beverages as well as snacks and sundries for guests.

Thanks for staying with us!!! Chuck Chandler

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is an older Embassy Suites. The hotel and furnishings have been kept up. The breakfast was great as usual. The staff was great.

The bed was lumpy. The sheets were so old they were very thin and had some holes in them.

The carpet in my room was filthy. There were dust bunnies in the corners, popcorn kernels on the floor, and lots of crumbs. The bathroom floor could use a good moping. I won't be staying at this one again.

1  Thank HoneyBunny2001
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

HoneyBunny2001,

First off, thanks for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you felt good about our team and the breakfast.

I am concerned about your comments regarding the bed and the cleanliness of your room. These are areas that we generally do not get many comments about. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly and use them as a training opportunity for our Housekeeping Staff.

If you could either call me at 410.865.8120 or email at chuck.chandler@hilton.com to let me know what room you you were in, we could address your concerns with the team members who cleaned your room. I am sorry we did not meet you expectations. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed January 23, 2013

this embassy suites was a great hotel, the staff was very good and the beds were very comfortable. the breakfast was good. only complaint was it is near a major highway and if you get a room on that side there was a lot of traffic noise. i always try to stay at an embassy suites when my travel needs include an overnite stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went for a quick weekend stay right before Christmas at the hotel with several family members 1 of whom had a layover on their way back to west coast. Did not expect much given the low price and time of year. The hotel was very nice, the room was big, clean and easily accommodated my family of 5 in a 2 bed + sleeper sofa suite. Even given the close proximity to the airport I noticed NOT hearing any air traffic noise at all. I used the gym while my kids were in the pool, I also used the hot tub. The facilities were a bit nicer than what I am used to at business hotels like this. We ate lunch and breakfast in the lobby restaurant, the environment was nice and the food was good. The fact that the suite has an extra living room area was extremely beneficial as it allowed my little kids to have a place to watch TV and play. The hotel gave us adjoining rooms with our other family members as well. Overall the hotel is very nice, the staff was extremely accommodating, and we enjoyed our brief stay,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

sltuckernj,

Thanks for a great review. The Embassy Brand prides itself on being convenient for Business as well as Leisure travel.

It's great that you were able to take advantage of a slower season when we were able to keep you and your family near each other, have a great room rate and enjoy the hotel amenities.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. If your travels bring you back to the area, we hope you look to our hotel for accommodations. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have had an opportunity to stay at this Embassy Suites on two occasions. This is one of the best ran facilities I have been at in years (and I am a Platnum level with another chain). The hotel rooms are all updated, clean, and quite and the staff is very efficient. It took me 1 minute and 10 seconds to check in, 30 seconds to get a drink at the Manager's reception, and 2 minutes and 20 seconds to get a freshly cooked breakfast to order. Yes, I timed it because my time is limited and I had some bad experiences lately. The location is also close to the airport and to the train plus the suites provides shuttle services to both

What makes this hotel over the top is they actually remembered me on my second stay - by name as well as by what we had discussed. I felt like a valued customer.

This facility will be my location of choice when I travel to Baltimore in the future both for business and for pleasure.

Room Tip: I have been on two different rooms, one by the elevator and one not. Both were equally quite, clean...

Tamara F,

Thanks for your kind words and positive comments. You nailed all of the attributes that make our Brand unique and special.

I am thrilled that the team was able to WOW you the way they did. We are proud of the team we are developing and it is encouraging when everything comes together and we deliver great guest service.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your returning. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was a nice Hotel in a decent area. Staff was not as courteous as is usually found in a Hilton property. Bar too small and dimly lit. This is my least liked Embassy Suites Hotel. Would not stay again. Airport shuttle not very good in the morning, way too crowded and was late as well. Hotel should have used their other shuttle as well.

Tess287,

I am absolutely embarassed by the way we treated you during your stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly if you could reach out to me at my direct number 410.865.8120 or email me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com.

We appreciate and value your business and I am sincerely apologetic for the way you were treated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice rooms with the typical embassy suite amenities. Good size pool and hot tub.
The breakfast to go is a great feature.
The airline pick up process was HORRIFIC.
The driver didn't arrive for 30 minutes and yelled at us for not standing in the 'right location'. The front desk clerk wouldn't call the driver and did not provide assistance. This is supposed to be a value for travelers. As frequent travelers, we will never use this property nor count on their poorly trained staff again. We were left standing on the curb in freezing temperatures without any assistance. After calling 5 times, the clerk stopped taking our calls.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tess287

Tess287,

I am terribly sorry the poor service and communication you experienced while staying with us in December. Out team is better than what you experienced, though they really dropped the ball with you and your family.

You are correct, shuttle service to and from the airport is a basic value add for an Airport Hotel. If you could drop me a note (chuck.chandler@hilton.com), or give me a call (410.865.8120), I would love to get additional information from you regarding this incident to use for training and corrective action. Thanks for staying with us, I can assure you that this type of behavior is not accepted by our team. I hope can can re-earn your trust. Chuck Chandler