“Perfect Hotel for Business and Leisure”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have had an opportunity to stay at this Embassy Suites on two occasions. This is one of the best ran facilities I have been at in years (and I am a Platnum level with another chain). The hotel rooms are all updated, clean, and quite and the staff is very efficient. It took me 1 minute and 10 seconds to check in, 30 seconds to get a drink at the Manager's reception, and 2 minutes and 20 seconds to get a freshly cooked breakfast to order. Yes, I timed it because my time is limited and I had some bad experiences lately. The location is also close to the airport and to the train plus the suites provides shuttle services to both

What makes this hotel over the top is they actually remembered me on my second stay - by name as well as by what we had discussed. I felt like a valued customer.

This facility will be my location of choice when I travel to Baltimore in the future both for business and for pleasure.

Room Tip: I have been on two different rooms, one by the elevator and one not. Both were equally quite, clean...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Tamara F,

Thanks for your kind words and positive comments. You nailed all of the attributes that make our Brand unique and special.

I am thrilled that the team was able to WOW you the way they did. We are proud of the team we are developing and it is encouraging when everything comes together and we deliver great guest service.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your returning. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was a nice Hotel in a decent area. Staff was not as courteous as is usually found in a Hilton property. Bar too small and dimly lit. This is my least liked Embassy Suites Hotel. Would not stay again. Airport shuttle not very good in the morning, way too crowded and was late as well. Hotel should have used their other shuttle as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Tess287,

I am absolutely embarassed by the way we treated you during your stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly if you could reach out to me at my direct number 410.865.8120 or email me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com.

We appreciate and value your business and I am sincerely apologetic for the way you were treated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice rooms with the typical embassy suite amenities. Good size pool and hot tub.
The breakfast to go is a great feature.
The airline pick up process was HORRIFIC.
The driver didn't arrive for 30 minutes and yelled at us for not standing in the 'right location'. The front desk clerk wouldn't call the driver and did not provide assistance. This is supposed to be a value for travelers. As frequent travelers, we will never use this property nor count on their poorly trained staff again. We were left standing on the curb in freezing temperatures without any assistance. After calling 5 times, the clerk stopped taking our calls.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tess287
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Tess287,

I am terribly sorry the poor service and communication you experienced while staying with us in December. Out team is better than what you experienced, though they really dropped the ball with you and your family.

You are correct, shuttle service to and from the airport is a basic value add for an Airport Hotel. If you could drop me a note (chuck.chandler@hilton.com), or give me a call (410.865.8120), I would love to get additional information from you regarding this incident to use for training and corrective action. Thanks for staying with us, I can assure you that this type of behavior is not accepted by our team. I hope can can re-earn your trust. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed December 13, 2012

ALL STAFF hardworking and very accommodating to our needs during time of stay..room was clean and very nice...food downstairs was delicious and pool area perfect...a wonderful hotel for any kind of stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Niki R,

What a nice review, thanks! We have worked very hard over the last couple of years with screening, hiring and training our team members. Responses like this help me to realize that we are headed in the right direction. I know we have room to grow, though people are what make a difference in our business and our team is making that difference. Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to having you with us again when your travels bring you through Baltimore. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Clean hotel with friendly helpful staff. Great Manager's cocktail party each evening with free snacks and drinks. Good hotel restaurant. Wonderful cooked to order free breakfast. Very comfortable two room suites. Convenient free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

CathyPA,

Thanks for your kind words and positive review. The Embassy Brand has a lot of great features and I am glad you were able to enjoy everything like you were. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was dirty. The first room they put me in, the toilet didn't work. So they changed me to a different room. The second room I had to almost kick the door in to get it to open. When I went to call down to the front I realized my phone didn't work in the living room OR the bedroom. The maintenance couldn't get it to work either. The vent in the bathroom was dirty, the carpet had two huge stains in the living room, there was mold in the bedroom on the windowsill, the lamp in the living room was broken and the walls were stained all over.
The only reason it is getting 2 stars was the continental breakfast. They do have a hot breakfast. There is someone that will make you eggs any way you want them. Do not eat them from the lady who pours grease into the middle of the omelet. The man who makes them was great. And they had hot oatmeal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Msaxon
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Msaxson,

Boy, I am sorry that you had such a rough experience in our hotel. Your experieince is not at all what we are trying to offer our guests. I really have nothing else to say say, other than I am very sorry. Please reach out to me at 443.865.8120 or chuck.chandler@hilton.com so that I can discuss your experience and see if I can get a room number from you. I would love the chance to try and salvage any sense of trust you may still have in our Brand. My apologies.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay at this hotel . Last time I stayed hereunto have been ten years ago
The have Made some changes Space all for the better they now have a bar area where you can get food and a drink. Space the breakfast buffet in the morning was truly outstanding the cook they're made the best omelette I've ever had in a hotel

• Stayed: November 2012

ptk21044,

Welcome back!!! Too bad it has been so long, though I am glad that your experience this time around was more positive than last time! Best omelett ever in a hotel!! I'll make sure to share your comments with the Breakfast Culinary team. Please don't be a stranger and feel free to come back before 10 more years. Thanks for your positive comments and choosing to stay with us again.