Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was a nice Hotel in a decent area. Staff was not as courteous as is usually found in a Hilton property. Bar too small and dimly lit. This is my least liked Embassy Suites Hotel. Would not stay again. Airport shuttle not very good in the morning, way too crowded and was late as well. Hotel should have used their other shuttle as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Tess287,

I am absolutely embarassed by the way we treated you during your stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly if you could reach out to me at my direct number 410.865.8120 or email me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com.

We appreciate and value your business and I am sincerely apologetic for the way you were treated. I look forward to hearing from you.

999 - 1,005 of 1,132 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice rooms with the typical embassy suite amenities. Good size pool and hot tub.
The breakfast to go is a great feature.
The airline pick up process was HORRIFIC.
The driver didn't arrive for 30 minutes and yelled at us for not standing in the 'right location'. The front desk clerk wouldn't call the driver and did not provide assistance. This is supposed to be a value for travelers. As frequent travelers, we will never use this property nor count on their poorly trained staff again. We were left standing on the curb in freezing temperatures without any assistance. After calling 5 times, the clerk stopped taking our calls.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tess287
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Tess287,

I am terribly sorry the poor service and communication you experienced while staying with us in December. Out team is better than what you experienced, though they really dropped the ball with you and your family.

You are correct, shuttle service to and from the airport is a basic value add for an Airport Hotel. If you could drop me a note (chuck.chandler@hilton.com), or give me a call (410.865.8120), I would love to get additional information from you regarding this incident to use for training and corrective action. Thanks for staying with us, I can assure you that this type of behavior is not accepted by our team. I hope can can re-earn your trust. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed December 13, 2012

ALL STAFF hardworking and very accommodating to our needs during time of stay..room was clean and very nice...food downstairs was delicious and pool area perfect...a wonderful hotel for any kind of stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Niki R,

What a nice review, thanks! We have worked very hard over the last couple of years with screening, hiring and training our team members. Responses like this help me to realize that we are headed in the right direction. I know we have room to grow, though people are what make a difference in our business and our team is making that difference. Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to having you with us again when your travels bring you through Baltimore. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Clean hotel with friendly helpful staff. Great Manager's cocktail party each evening with free snacks and drinks. Good hotel restaurant. Wonderful cooked to order free breakfast. Very comfortable two room suites. Convenient free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

CathyPA,

Thanks for your kind words and positive review. The Embassy Brand has a lot of great features and I am glad you were able to enjoy everything like you were. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was dirty. The first room they put me in, the toilet didn't work. So they changed me to a different room. The second room I had to almost kick the door in to get it to open. When I went to call down to the front I realized my phone didn't work in the living room OR the bedroom. The maintenance couldn't get it to work either. The vent in the bathroom was dirty, the carpet had two huge stains in the living room, there was mold in the bedroom on the windowsill, the lamp in the living room was broken and the walls were stained all over.
The only reason it is getting 2 stars was the continental breakfast. They do have a hot breakfast. There is someone that will make you eggs any way you want them. Do not eat them from the lady who pours grease into the middle of the omelet. The man who makes them was great. And they had hot oatmeal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Msaxon
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Msaxson,

Boy, I am sorry that you had such a rough experience in our hotel. Your experieince is not at all what we are trying to offer our guests. I really have nothing else to say say, other than I am very sorry. Please reach out to me at 443.865.8120 or chuck.chandler@hilton.com so that I can discuss your experience and see if I can get a room number from you. I would love the chance to try and salvage any sense of trust you may still have in our Brand. My apologies.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay at this hotel . Last time I stayed hereunto have been ten years ago
The have Made some changes Space all for the better they now have a bar area where you can get food and a drink. Space the breakfast buffet in the morning was truly outstanding the cook they're made the best omelette I've ever had in a hotel

• Stayed: November 2012

ptk21044,

Welcome back!!! Too bad it has been so long, though I am glad that your experience this time around was more positive than last time! Best omelett ever in a hotel!! I'll make sure to share your comments with the Breakfast Culinary team. Please don't be a stranger and feel free to come back before 10 more years. Thanks for your positive comments and choosing to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently spent an evening at the Embassy Suites BWI, taking advantage of their location before a very early morning flight. I was only there for a few hours, arriving late in the evening, but am pleased to say those hours were relaxing and comfortable. Check-in was a breeze, the front desk staff friendly and welcoming even at that late hour. When I saw that the hotel is built "in the round" with all doors opening to a central open atrium, I was a little nervous about noise - turns out there was no need to be. The room door opens into a living area, past which is the bathroom, closet, and coffee machine setup, and then the bedroom. Overall the suite was a decent size with a good layout, clean, and comfortable. I slept very well until that 3:45 wake-up call! Express check-out made departure as easy as my arrival, and it was only a few minutes door-to-door to the airport. A perfect setup for the early-morning traveler!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

YankeeTraveler,

What a great response!!! Thanks for posting. I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience at our property. Maybe next time you can take advantage of our Complimentary Manager's Reception and Cooked-to-Order Breakfast. look forward to having you with us again.