“Typical Embassy ... Some issues but would stay again ....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Montauk, New York
“Typical Embassy ... Some issues but would stay again ....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Attended a training class and stayed at this Embassy. It was a typical embassy. The room was less than what I expected. The bed was so weathered that you just rolled to the center and sank into the abyss The bathroom had a funky smell like the floor hadn't been cleaned or maybe their was leak under the toilet. I decided that since I still had several nights left I wanted a new room. The hotel front desk was very accommodating and provided a new room. The bed in the new room was great but then the A/C wasn't functioning properly. I kind of figured that since the A/C didn't work so great the room saw fewer guests hence the firmer bed, Go figure ..... Since it wasn't very hot I decided a firmer bed was much more important and I stayed in the room. Overall the staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included each day and served everything one could want. There was one elevator out of service which slowed down getting to and from the room. The Emabassy happy hour included some light snacks and assorted spirits. The hotel has a lot of positives and I would probably stay again if I had to come to a class but it is nothing to write home about.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
vinross,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you had issues with your rooms while here. It would be great to know which rooms you stayed in so that we could address your concerns. Our guests security and comfort are priorities and it would be nice to know if we need to replace a bed and work on the HVAC unit. Glad that the complimnetary Services met expectations. Please look us up again if your business/training travels bring you back to the area. I think your experiences we exceptions and yur next stay will be more convenient and comfortable. Feel free to reach out to me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com. Thanks again...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Fort Collins
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights for a family gathering down the road. Very clean, very nice, and considering the amount of events going on in the hotel, very quiet. No event noise, evern on the second floor and no airplane noise considering how close it is t the airport. The room was typical of Embassy Suites and everything was very clean and worked. Staff was courteous and responsive to needs. Only negative comments are the cost of Wifi and the cost of drinks at the bar. The manager's reception is nice, and I agree with the comments about the long lines and lack of staff. My comment about costs concerns drinks outside of the managers reception. We had dinner in the bar late one night. For a hamburger, salad, soup, 4 double vodka tonics and 4 beers, it was $125. The drinks came to $80. The charges were $15 for a double drink. that's $7.50 per shot. That's about what you pay at the airport itself. I think this is where they make up the cost of the manager's reception.
Other than that, we will definitely stay here again, but eat and drink elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PatinCO
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
PatinCO,

Thanks for your kind words about your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding the costs associated with the meal you ate. I will use this information with the Food and Beverage team to ensure that we are priced competiviely and are providing ways to hkeep you here for more than one meal or evening. Look forward to having you stay with us again. Chuck Chandler
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business the week of 9/17. The property was of your average Embassy Suites variety; not great, not bad. A/Cs were a little weak for the suite, but the thermostats were Inncomm and could be overridden to drop the room temperature some more. I had a couple of issues during my stay. In both cases the front desk staff was highly responsive and fixed the problem quickly.

1 Thank Catbert10
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Catbert10,

Thanks for taking the time to post a response. I apologize about the issues you had during your stay. I would appreciate knowing what the issues were. If you would like to send me an email, chuck.chandler@hilton.com, I would appreciate it. We do stive to be better than average, so knowing what we could do to improve so that others don't experience thae same challenges you did will only help us get better. I am very glad that your issues were handled well be our team. Please feel free to reach out to me. Thanks for your business. Chuck Chandler
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located to where I had business. It could use some updates, but overall was clean. The toilet wasn't attached to the floor and wobbled a bit, but was the only problem I had during my stay. The breakfast was good and typical for what Embassy Suites provides for their guests. If you're on a per diem this is a good place to stay. The rates are within budget and the staff is great. This hotel would have gotten one more star, but could use a facelift.

pitt_twins,
Thanks for your response and post. I appreciate your kind thoughts and comments regarding our team. I would love to be able and make sure that the toilet situation is addressed for future guests. If there is any way you can reach out and respond with a room number I would appreicate it. I can be reached at chuck.chandler@hilton.com. Thanks for staying with us, we look forward to having you back. Chuck Chandler
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I live in the DC area and since the pools are closed now we decided to take the kids to embassy suites so they can enjoy the pool on what was a raining weekend in August. The kids loved the pool. The only bad thing about the pool was the life guard on duty. He made sure the kids did not enter the jaccuzzi. But once he got involved in his personal phone calls that wasnt an issue anymore and he allowed other kids to get into the pool. These kids had to have been between 3 - 7 years old.

The stay was what i expected. Nice room. nice view of the landing and taking off of the planes. We stayed on the top floor which was very quiet.

The only bad thing about this hotel compared to other Embassy Suites is the long line for the breakfast. This hotel all the food is behind the counter for the cook to serve you. I guess this is so food wont be wasted but this was a very long wait.

Room Tip: high floor
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
M Q,
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the level of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the actions of the on-duty lifeguard. In particular, our local County has an ordinance that states children under age 16 are not permitted in the hot bub, whether supervised or not. I will express my concerns to the lifeguard for not only being on the phone, but also allowing other children to access the hot tub. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. Chuck Chandler
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012. I liked their option of staying the night then you can leave your car there for the week. They also provide a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to BWI. Our suite was very large! Loved it. We attended the manager cocktail hour. The lines were long. They were not adequately staffed. We also ate in the hotel restaurant which was good but not great.

1 Thank Scarlett D
Scarrlet D,

Thanks for your response. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and found that the Park and Fly package to be a good value. I appreciate you comments regarding the Manager's Reception and will address the staffing concerns with the appropriate department Manager. I am sorry that the line was long and the service in the Restaurnat was not quite what you had expected. We appreciate your feedback and take pride in the service delivered. Thanks again. Chuck Chandler
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here in August 2012. The hotel is nicely located within the airport loop but not in an overly busy area. The staff is generally quite helpful and you can tell the property is geared towards families, i.e. if you are looking for a quiet non-kid hotel this might not be it for you (not a slight against the property at all). The free morning breakfast is a good value and tasty, just know it gets very busy in the AM as people take full advantage of the free meal, the same with the free cocktail hour. The rooms are quite spacious and clean as expected with an Embassy Suites. All around great value and can't beat free breakfast and vodka tonics... :) I would recommend this property!

Also, note to management: your breakfast staff (cooks/servers etc.) do a fantastic job in a very busy environment and are very friendly, well done!

1 Thank JeffW79
JeffW79,

Thanks for the very positive review. I appreciate you kind words and will make sure to share your comments about the Breakfast staff to them and their Department heads. Interestingly enough, the hotel is very family driven on weekends (in particular during the summer months) though is Business travel oriented during the week. A great combination to enjoy.

The Brand does offer great value with the two-room suites, Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and the Manager's Reception. I'm glad you were able to enjoy all of the elements. Please look us up next time when your travels bring you through the Baltimore area again. Thanks. Chuck Chandler