“Great Staff, A Little Shaky On The Cleanliness” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Staff, A Little Shaky On The Cleanliness”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I just checked out yesterday and overall it was a decent stay. Although there were some issues discussed below, I definitely want to commend the staff, who were over-the-top friendly the whole time I was there. The staff at the complimentary bar service at night even remembered my name! The room was as expected however there was some left-over garbage from the previous occupant in one trash can - I told the desk and they sent someone up to correct it in about 20 minutes. I also thought the the breakfast service was not kept up very well (tables wiped down, serving areas cleaned up) although the food was definitely good. All else was good thought - and like I said overall it was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cal S
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Cal S,

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate your comments about our team! We have tried very hard to differentiate our hotel from the others in the area. The Brand makes that very easy in some ways (rooms, Breakfast, Manager's Reception) - though in the end - Service is the best differentiating factor. We have a good team and I appreciate you acknowledging them. I am sorry about the trash, I will addrerss that with our Housekeeping team. I will also address the timliness of the Breakfast busser team and ensure that they are being attentive with getting tables cleaned and turned over for everyone. Thanks foryour feedback and thanks for choosing to stay with us. Please return when you are in the Baltimore area. Chuck Chandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Wake Forest, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed there for one night this past weekend and were a bit disappointed. The hotel itself is an older one on the outside and inside. The room was furniture was beaten up, paint was scuffed, rugs worn out and mystery stains on the ceiling and walls.. We discovered mold in the A/C vent in the bathroom and brought it to the attention of the night staff. They told us they would send someone up to take a look at it but no one showed up. It was late and we just went to bed. We brought this issue up to the front desk clerk upon check out and she refunded half of the nights charge. She should of gave us that night complimentary. I took a picture of the mold and showed her too. I posted it to this review so take a look for yourself. Breakfast was good but most Embassy Suites only have you wait in line for omelettes, this one made you wait for any hot food. Made breakfast area crowded and the wait ridiculously long. The pool was older too and showed lots of wear and tear as did the noisy whirlpool. We stay at Embassy suites in many other states and this one ranks far below what one expects from this upscale type hotel chain. This hotel is in what they call the hotel district near BWI airport and there are many other hotel choices around there. We looked at the Staybridge Suites and would recommend that hotel as it is newer and cleaner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RONBO9503
rmguardino,
Thanks for your post. My sincere apologies for the condition you found the bathroom vent in. This is completely unacceptable as far as cleanliness of our hotel. The picture you have posted is caused by moisture build up and lent/dust over time. Our Suiteleepers are to check for cleanliness on this vent daily due to it pulling moisture out of the bathroom, 24 hours a day. I can not agree with you more that this is cause for us to have taken more aggressive action in compensating you. If you could call the hotel or email me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com, we will address this together. As you note, there are other newer hotels in the area and based upon your experience, I wouldn't blame you for looking elsewhere. However, based upon the experiences of others, I would suggest that this is the exception for our hotel, rather than the rule. I would appreciate a chance to show you a better experience, if your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area. Again, my apologies - please reach out for additional discussions. Thanks. Chuck Chandler
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on way back from Ocean City. Was one of the nicer Embassy Suites I have stayed in lately. Kids really enjoyed the pool. Staff at breakfast and managers reception were very friendly. I would stay here again when flying in and out of BWI.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
rtp216,

Thanks for the review! I aapreciate you kind words about the facility and the pool. An indoor pool, even in the summer is a great place for kids. Glad you were able to enjoy your time. We would love to have you and your family back, next time you are on your way to/from Ocean City.
Chuck Chandler
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is your basic Embassy Suites. They offer what you expect. The big difference is the staff. They are friendly, courteous and on top of things. As we stepped to the front desk, Gloria greeted us with room key ready. We were traveling as a couple and there was a noisy school reunion taking place that weekend. We were assigned a room on the top floor, well away from the party guests. Our room was spotless.
The manager’s reception was crowded at times but we never waited long for drinks even though the bartender was kept busy. The light snacks were kept stocked. There was a manager present the entire time and someone constantly clearing tables, keeping the area clean.
The breakfast offered the usual Embassy Suites fare. If there is a weak spot it is here - not good, not bad – just there but still one of the better included breakfasts of any hotel chain.
Again, the difference at this hotel is the staff. They are pleasant and care about what they are doing. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors have nice views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KichwaTembo007
KichwaTembo007,

Thanks so much for your kind comments and thoughtful response. We are awfully proud of our team and the services and caring behavior that they provid our guests. In the end, hotels can be just hotels, but it is the people that make it a comfortmable place to stay. The proverbial home away from home. I am glad our team provided that sense for you. When your travels bring you back to Baltimore, we look forward to having you back. Chuck Chandler
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with Embassy Suites. I was in room 410 and there were stains on the carpet and sofa. The bathroom cabinet was falling apart (there were broken pieces of wood towards the bottom). There were also remnants of hair in the sink. I can say the ladies at the front desk were nice enough; I was able to check in early, so thank you so much for that. As far as the room, I won’t be staying here again; I plan to go to the Marriott.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
iyv,
Thanks so much for the response. I appreciate you letting usknow about the room you stayed in as well. No excuses, we missed taking care of your room. My apologies! I have had the Engineering and Housekeeping teams address your concerns, immediately upon reading your review. We have a very aggressive Preventive Maintenance program and unfortunately, we had not been in this room recently. I am pleased that the front desk staff was pleasant, though your entire stay should have been that way. I am very comfortable and confident that this was the exception and not the rule for our rooms. I respect the fact that we disappointed you, though would appreciate another chance to show you what we are capable of providing. Let me know if you chose to stay with us again. Hope to see you again. Chuck Chandler
Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed in April 2012 for 1 night as a pre-cruise stop. While the front desk people were sub-par (ignored guests to talk on the phone to friends) the rooms and the people in charge of the breakfast made up for them.

We stayed on the top floor in one of the corner executive suites. I'm not sure why these are considered executive, other than the fact they are corner rooms. It was nice to have so many windows. The room was clean, and comfortable for our stay with our 2 small children.

The breakfast was very busy, but the staff made sure that everything was stocked and fresh. Great staff there.

In all, we would probably stay here again, even though the front desk staff made us feel unwelcome.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the executive rooms. Pricier, but in the corners, so quieter!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank soozenw
soozenw,
Thanks for the note! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, overall. We have worked very hard to change the culture at the front desk, I am sorry that you experienced less than the friendly, congenial service that our guests deserve. Our Breakfast staff is great! I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy the Complimentary Cooked-to-order breakfast before you left on your cruise. Yes, other than more windows, the Executive Suites are larger and more accommodating when traveling with a family and quieter too. However, all of the suites have the brand pillar, two-rooms with the parlor room and the guestroom. I hope your cruise was fun and look forward to have you stay with us once again! Chuck Chandler
Claremont ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I stayed for one night ( actually we are here while i write the review) before taking our daughter to college. The bathroom is dirty. Infact it is so dirty that we are covering the toilet seat with paper before using it. Also there is mold on the sofa bed under the matress. And dust / dirt near the baseboards. I would normally leave but it is after midnight and we are wiped out. I would not reccomend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stcrmora
stcrmora,

Thank you very much for your response. I am absolutely distraught over what you found in your room. Mt sincere apologies. I wish that we would have known about your problems while you were here to address them with Maintenance and Housekeeping. Needless to say, they are issues that you should not of had to deal with in the first place. If there is any way to find out what room number you were in, I would appreciate it. We can then address the issues individually. As you can tell by many of other reviews, this is not a common occurance for us. If there is someway we could make this stay up to you, I would welcome the opportunity. Again, I am sorry for what you experienced and hope to have a chance to rectify it in some way.
Chuck Chandler