Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Business trip”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently stayed one night at this hotel during a 2 day work conference nearby. Honestly, I didn't have much of a choice where I stayed... it was booked through my company with a corporate discount. I had stayed at Embassy Suites before and they've always lived up to their good name.

Check in was very smooth. I wouldn't say the hotel clerk was overly friendly, but she was ok. Three of us co-workers that traveled together had requested rooms near each other and they did accomodate that request with no problem. Our rooms were all right next to one another, but they were about as far from the elevators as you could possibly be. That was a little bit of a con I guess. The rooms were nice, I had a king size bed, separate from the living room and wet bar area, which is right outside the bathroom. Both the living room and bedroom had flat screen tv's. There was a fridge and a microwave and overall the room was very spacious. Some of the furniture and decor was a little outdated and had seen better days, but not that bad. It just kind of surprised me for this type of hotel. Bed was super comfy though.

The hotel offers a free happy hour from 5-7pm (I think those are the correct times). That was a nice bonus. Then they also have free breakfast the next morning. It was WAY better than your average hotel breakfast. I'm not sure if the menu changes but while I was there they offered scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, pancakes, sausage, an assortment of muffins/pastries, juice, coffee, etc. Pretty much something for everyone.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay. I believe they have a pool and fitness room there as well but I didn't have time to enjoy these amenities.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the elevators!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KristenJovi
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Kristenjovi,

Thanks for you kind response. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay. Sometimes, the little things like our Manager's Reception and cooked-to-order Breakfast can help make your time away from home a little more comfortable. It's good to hear that the bed was cozy for you, we recognize how important your sleeping comfort is for you when away from home as well. Sorry that you were not here long enough to enjoy the indoor pool and outdoor pool deck. It's really nice at this time of the year. Our fitness center is nice as well with treadmills, dumbells, ellipticals and a bike. We appreciate your company putting you up in our hotel and hope to have you back another time. Chuck Chandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I arrived at this hotel on a Thursday night for a one-night, pre-cruise stay using HHonors points. I checked in early, around 11 AM and my room, a corner king on the 3rd floor was ready.

The room was located opposite the elevators and was a double-connecting room (there were TWO connecting doors-one on each side. Luckily, only 1 room was occupied, and i did not hear a sound. I attribute this to it being an airport hotel, that is often occupied by flight crews.)

This room was very big featuring a sofa, 2 ottomans, and an arm chair in the living room, along with a dining table. There was a large, flat screen TV with a wide variety of channels, a small fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was good sized and stocked with nice toiletries.

The bedroom had a nice comfy king bed, another flat screen TV and a desk. Internet is not free and I did not use the wifi in the hotel. I believe it is $10 per 24 hours. I did use the internet down in the business center which was free.

Embassy Suites properties offer a nightly reception featuring an array of cocktails, beer, wine and soft drinks, plus some light snacks. I met up with some fellow cruise pals and we had a nice time that evening.

In the AM, there is a free, cooked to order breakfast. If you're in a hurry, there are scrambled eggs, breakfast meats and potatoes plus cereal and pastries. Also, omelets and other cooked-to-order eggs are available. The breakfast was very good and held us over until we got to the ship.

The Embassy Suites has plenty of free parking and an airport shuttle. There are a few options around to eat if you don't want hotel food; however, you need a car. (Some airport hotels WILL drive guests to some local establishments, but I am not sure if that is the case here.)

The hotel staff were nice enough, but could have been a little more friendly. I basically stayed here to sue up my HHonors points as I really do not stay in Hilton brands very often.

That said, this stay was pleasant and if in the area again, and if the rate were better than other properties, I would certainly stay again. I did not use, nor did I see the pool or gym. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable which is really all that I expected. I would give my stay 3 and a half stars, not 4-I wish that 3.5 was an option.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
cruisemeg,

Thanks for the very thorough review of the hotel. You were able to enjoy all of the benefits the hotel has to offer, other than the indoor swimming pool and oversized fitness center. Fortunately, we do have a restaurant in the hotel and offer in suite dining as well so no one has to leave the hotel to get a bite to eat.. However, if you wanted to go out and dine in a local restaurant, the hotel does offer complimentary shuttle service to several restaurants within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. We do think that the value added benefits (Manager's Reception and Cooked-to-Order-Breakfast) that a guest receives is well worth the price. I am very pleased that everything went as well for you as it did. Please come back if your travels bring you back through Baltimore. Thanks for staying with us. Chuck Chandler
Fairview Heights
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I arrived on Saturday to relax before our Bermuda 7 day cruise. The check in was seamless, the front desk staff was very nice and polite. We were assigned a room on the eight floor that provided a great view to the open restaurant and the fish aquarium. We love the 2 room suite with a nice size flat screen television in each room. The rooms were clean but the furniture needs to be updated. The bed was very comfortable. The manage reception was good. The breakfast was excellent and the ladies made some scrumptious omelets. The concierge was very knowledgeable and provided excellent service. I would recommend this Embassy Suite hotel to my friends and anyone that requires a quality night stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the higher floors due to great view below.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
INMS,

Thanks for your kind remarks regarding your stay. Yes, the view from the higher floors is great, though the atrium allows most floors to have a good view of the courtyard area. We get a fair amount of guests who chose to stay with us before their cruise. I am pleased that we were convenient for you. I hope you were able to enjoy your time in Bermuda as well. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Philly
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy Suites 3/24-3/25. This Embassy Suites was not much different than the other ones I have stayed in. They have the free breakfast, with cooked to order omletes and eggs as well as potatoes, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, toast, bagels, pastries, juice and more. There is a managers reception in the evening with free drinks and snacks. Although the snacks were stale, I still enjoyed the free drinks.

The reason I choose embassy suites where ever I go is the excellent service, the free breakfast, and the manager's reception. It provides an exceptional value for the money and this hotel was no exception.

There is a pool, hot tub, and gym. Their pool has a lifeguard. It was a nice addition as I usually don't see lifeguards at hotel pools.

The king sized bed was VERY comfortable. I don't recall feeling such a comfortable bed. I slept like a baby and found myself wishing my own bed was just as comfortable. The rooms were clean and average in size. The living room phone didn't work properly as I would press the button and nothing would happen. In the bathroom, it was clean, but there was a random piece of cardboard covering the sink pipes.

I have two slight complaints: the lady making the omelets was rude and there was a mass amount of uncontrolled children. The later is not all the hotels fault. I do feel like someone should monitor the activity of outside/common areas. I ended up calling the front desk about the teenagers playing in the hallway and being rude. Someone was sent up to take care of the problem.

Overall, I would stay here again. You won't find a better value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
janearle,

Thanks you so much for your comments about your stay. I appreciate your remarks about the stay compared to other Embassy Suites Hotels. Consistency is the hallmark of a good brand and to hear that your Embassy experiences are all very similar is refreshing. I am glad you were able to enjoy the Breakfast and Manager's Reception, they are both strong pillars to what our brand is all about. Likewise, one of the most important attributes for a quality stay is the comfort of the bed. I am thrilled that you enjoyed yours. I apologize about the stale snacks and the unfriendly team member at breakfast. I will address both issues with the Food and Beverage to team to ensure that others do not experience the same challenges. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. If your travels bring you back to the BWI area, I hope you chose to stay again. Regards, Chuck Chandler
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed at this airport hotel several times and I always find the staff to be friendly, helpful, and accomodating. All of the areas from the lobby, to the restaurant, hallways and business center are always extremely well kept. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Tillie 21617,

Thanks for your high recommendation of our hotel and your business. I am glad we have been consistent in our product delivery for you during your different stays. We have a great team who understand it is because of guests like you, we are able to come to work every day. Thanks again for your response and please come see us again! Chuck Chandler
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This hotel is well worth what u pay for it. The free breakfast is amazing, the rooms are really big, an the staff are more then awesome. I brought my son here and it was very kid friendly. I will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tim F
tfortier7286,

Thanks for your kind words about the hotel. You hit the nail on the head of what we are most proud of; our team members, the large two room suites and a great cooked-to-order breakfast for everyone. I am glad you were able to enjoy everything with your child as well. Please come back and see us again! Thanks for choosing to stay with us. Chuck Chandler
DC
Reviewed March 13, 2012

In general I love staying at Embassy Suites - having 2 rooms is great, we LOVE the manager's reception in the evening, and really appreciate having breakfast included.

This particular Embassy Suites hotel had great service and friendly staff, but seemed a bit run down.

Some problems: There were some exposed staples near the toilet paper dispenser (which I poked myself on!), the bathroom vanity in general seemed cheap, and the closet doors (mirrored accordion-fold) didn't open properly. Also the in-room phones didn't seem to work (you'd push the button for operator or room service or whatever and it just beeped at you). The TV and dresser weren't as nice as we were expecting, but still adequate.

Breakfast was good, but not as nice as some Embassy Suites we've stayed at. Coffee was VERY weak.

What we liked:
Fantastic Manager's Reception (and the manager seemed really friendly too). Great dinner at the restaurant (although selections were somewhat limited). Pool was nice. Room was clean. Bed was fairly comfortable. We appreciate the free coffee and paper available. They let us check in very early.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
travelgirl1234567,

Thanks for your response. First off, I want to apologize for the unfortunate situation you found with the staples in the bathroom. We know that some of the bathroom vanities are beginning to show some wear and need to be restained and sealed. I would love to be able to know which room you were in to address the challenges you had in the bathroom. We are addressing these long term challenges through our preventive maintenance program, though apparently have not addressed this room yet. Your affirmative comments about the staff and service are appreciated. I will be sure to share your thoughts and comments with the approrpiate department heads. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I hope you return when your travels from DC bring you back to Baltimore. Thanks! Chuck Chandler