“Great Lamb Kabob”
Review of Maiwand Kabob

Maiwand Kabob
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I used make a trip here at least once a month, the place is good hang out place. The kabob was absolutely awesome. I think taking of taking a trip to MD just for this.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The food was great! I love the lamb, but the chicken was great too. The Afghan rice was good, but they used a little too much of whatever the main spice is in it (I'm comparing it to what I've had before while actually in Afghanistan). Don't go there for the company though the staff was eh. Also the location itself is small with very little parking but in a decent area. Would eat there again because the food is so good.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Real good food, but the service was bad. The person taking the money seemed like the owner, which made it even more surprising on him being so rude. However, if you do want good food, and dont mind being ignored, go for it.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Underneath a "Denny's" like exterior lies excellent food. I had the chicken kabob, which was quite good, and my friend had the chicken tikka kabob, which I plan to have next time because it was even better! The rice was also excellent. While I thought that the price was a little on the high side (about $30 for two dinners plus an appetizer), pretty much everything else in the immediate area was pedestrian chain or hotel restaurants.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Ok this place is a little deceiving. Tucked away into what appears to be a cramped, over populated shopping center, Maiwand Kabob is actually quite the opposite. The VERY first thing I need you need to know is the lack of PARKING! This poorly planned layout will leave you circling the lot for 1, 3, 5, 15 minutes in hopes of beating the next customer to the spot. Numerous vulture like vehicles stage themselves as if the parking spot was their prey, so be careful. Once rewarded with your parking space head in and get ready for the next surprise.

Once inside you will find it is NOT suffocating and rather large inside. Head on up to the counter and begin your shuffling of decisions of what to order. The queue to order is rather small so my recommendation is to look at their website prior to going so at least you have an idea of what you want. While I suppose you could call this fast-food, Afghan style, it is does come out rather quick and for the most part to the right customer.

As you will see the dining room is arranged as tightly as possible, and rightly so; however, if you are bringing a large party around lunch, get there early or late or get take out. Several times we had people asking if they could sit closer to us, sit at our table and/or take the extra chair. Of course we let them, but for the few out there they like their space, deal.

As mentioned the food was delivered rather quick, and presented as best as they could for paper plates, utensils and cups, hey it’s a quickie kabob joint. I had the chicken wrap, which was just that, so don’t think extra bread or rice will be coming with it. My friends had the kofte, beef and chicken kabobs, all served with salad, rice and bread. No one had any complaints, but we did have one in the group that had never been overseas, so the meat was a little dry to him. Most the Middle Eastern cuisine is always cooked well done or slightly so. I will say the chicken I had was tender and juicy, to me. But even though, the food was delicious and if ever in the area I will defiantly go back.

All in all it was a very good place, over flowing with customers and I recommend it. Just remember what I said about the parking…oh and yea I agree with the other reviews, overpriced dishes and SIDES .