“Fine Hotel”

Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This is a fine hotel. Currently, it's undergoing some pretty big renovations in the lobby, so I have a feeling it will be quite nice once said lobby reopens. There is a lot of noise in the lobby area, but the rooms are pretty quiet.

Beds are typical Hampton - very comfortable. Nice TVs with a good selection of channels. Free Internet ok but not the fastest, free breakfast ok but not the best. Location...depends on where you want to be, of course. For NAS Pax River, it is excellent. There are a number of restaurants close by, with one (Damon's) right next door. Damon's is...ok, at best.

Will stay here again, even if it isn't the best Hampton I have ever been to.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 2, 2010

The cheapest rate available was 139.99 per night and the room was nothing special. Clean, but the HVAC return vent in the bathroom, which ran constantly, was noisy and annoying. The first night I arrived, there was a representative from Kohls sitting almost in the front lobby, nearly obstructing access to the hallway with one foot propped up in a chair. I hope the person having breakfast in that chair the next day was not wearing white. Not to mention he looked and talked like Pee Wee Herman. Next night the hotel lobby, breakfast area, and meeting rooms were filled to capacity with applicants for part time positions with Kohls, so the parking lot was also FULL (at 5 PM). If the hotel were hosting a convention I could understand but none of these people were hotel guests, I moved my car when the Kohls slavetrade party was finally over. Since when did Hampton Inn shop-out facilities to corral applicants for retail positions? I travel extensively and this was a new experience. The internet routers kept resetting or shutting down my connection which was also annoying, especially when you have work to do. Front desk staff was nice enough. Overall - Simply not worth the money and a bit wierd.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Everything was just ok...the room was clean enough, but it did seem a little worn. There was no extra pillow for the pull out sofa bed. The walls were paper thin...we heard everything (and I mean everything) that went on next door...and I don't think they were being particularly loud. But since I listened to them until 2 in the morning, I didn't really feel all that bad when my 3 year old was up at 6:30!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 4 nights for business at the Pax River Naval Air Station across the street. The staff at this hotel was fantastic. The breakfast bar was very well attended and a different main course every day. The hotel was clean and the rooms well appointed and comfortable. The free internet worked flawlessly. The lobby was very well appointed and a large screen TV was nicely tuned to the Tour de France!! Each morning there was also a "grab bag" which contained fruit, a snack bar and bottle of water which came in very handy. Nice outdoor pool, almost big enough to swim laps. I did not visit the workout room, but was told it was "limited"; however, the hotel offers free use of a very nice health club down the road. The staff makes the difference at this hotel and I will definitely book here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2008

When I arrived at the Hampton Inn Lexington Park, I noticed the marquis which read "Come as a guest, leave as family". This could not be more true. I've stayed in countless hotels, many of them a 5-Star property. The staff treated us better than most upscale hotels. The level of customer service received at this property was amazing. Hampton Inn Lex Park truly stands behind their mission statement. From the moment we arrived the staff was outstanding. The hotel was immaculate. The room was quite large (Room 120). There were 2 HDTV's, a microwave and small refrigerator. Bed was extremely comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. There was a good size excersize room located on the first floor.There was also a pool which at this time was not operational (November). The General Manager, Patrick Welton, went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay. He offered suggestions on local sightseeing, as well as providing local maps. The Hampton Inn Lex Park serves breakfast daily in their spacious lobby dining area, complete with fireplace and HD TV.
The food was above average. They had eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, fruit, pastries, oatmeal, etc..And coffee available 24 hours..On Thanksgiving morning the woman in charge of breakfast found out that my son liked waffles. She made a plate for him which he enjoyed. This is just an example of the staff going the extra mile to please their customers. I believe her name was "Miss Mary"?...Thank you Miss Mary!!!!!

Again, the hotel ranks above some of the 5-star properties I've visited..I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would be visiting this area..I would not stay anywhere else...

A very big thank you and kudos to the staff..Patrick, PA Lashawn,Sarah,Missy,Cherea,Marcus,Edwin,Angela,Treesha,Lakita,Derek,Ms Sharon,Stephon,Stephen,Mike,Ms Sade,Katie,Susan,Ms Anne,Ms Mary Ann,Wilbert, and anyone I missed.....

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank xchf01
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Rooms are clean and breakfast is pretty good. The staff were fantastic - very helpful and extremely friendly. We found this hotel to be a good base for visiting St. Mary's College and historic St. Mary's City, Sotterley Plantation, Piney Point lighthouse, etc. As a side note, we had a great meal at the Thai Inter restaurant about a mile away.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This hotel is not horrible but it has some downfalls:

#1- At 11pm the toilet in the room my 17 year old son was staying had "backed up". My husband called the front desk and explained what happened. The first response from the desk was that all the rooms were booked and she didn't know what to do. Since we weren't expecting a room change, my husband said "Don't you have a plunger" ... expecting maintenance to come up and fix the room. The front desk instead said "Sure we do, why don't you come right down and we'll give it to you"

#2- My husband "rolled off" the bed all night. Apparently the mattress wasn't very firm and sloped downwards.

* the breakfast was clean and constantly refilled...

I didn't feel safe after our phone call to the front desk. Apparently the front desk was the only staff on in the evening. If she couldn't help us with a toilet, how in the world could she protect the guests against any "crazies" that might enter the hotel??

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington Park? Share your experiences!