Stayed at Fairfield Inn over a weekend on points. I'm a Marriott Gold member which guarantees your room type and upgrade if available. Since my husband and I were traveling with our todller and wouldnt be arriving until 2 am - I called to confirm the reservation (never do this) at 10am the day we were arriving and to inform them of our late arrival with a request for the sofa bed to be made up ahead of time so that our child could continue sleeping with an easy transition. I spoke to a very lovely woman named Carolyn who confirmed everything and said she would not the account accordingly. When we arrived around 230am - we were informed that we had no such reservation that is was cancelled. We were then told that our king guaranteed bed was not available. after twenty minutes of futher inquiring, she found our reservation, but stated that our GUARANTEED ROOM type was not availalbe. The next day, we spoke to management and Carolyn - there answer was to upgrade us (already suppose to be given an upgrade) and to move us to our king bed requested room - although they were quite pleasant - this was unacceptable to me as these were standard gold benefits - nothing special. After pointing this out, she then offered a $30 lunch or dinner dining certificate at a local restaurant. Since this was a category 1 hotel and the rooms were quite inexpensive and since the manager and Carolyn were really nice, I accepted. As for the room - standard FI quality. One side of my mattress (on double bed) was worn but the other side was fine. We received one great towel and the other three were what i expected from this type of hotel. The hotel is in close proximity to Walmart, Target, Marshalls as well as numerous food chains - IHOP, Panera Bread, Ruby Tuesdays. There is a sports bar up the road one the same side of the street called Damons - that has good tvs and economical beers. My husband enjoyed the trivia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the NEWLY RENOVATED Fairfield Inn by Marriott located in Lexington Park Maryland. Our beautifully renovated hotel is nestled in Historic St. Mary's County located across from the Patuxent Naval Air Station. It is in close proximity to many government contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We have spectacular waterfront restaurants, scrumptious seafood, historic sites, and many outdoor activities all near the hotel. Visit the 17th century at Historic St. Mary's City, Maryland's first capital or enjoy swimming, fishing and museums at Historic Point Lookout State Park. Visit our St. Mary's College's spectacular waterfront setting where you can sail or kayak across the scenic St. Mary's River. Take advantage of our world class sport fishing in one of our Chesapeake Bay charter boats or experience Maryland's famous oystering and crabbing. We look forward to your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Hotel Lexington Park
- Fairfield Lexington Park
- Lexington Park Fairfield Inn