Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$114
TownePlace Suites
$119
$139
$76
$55
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park(Lexington Park)(Great Value!)
$74
$89
$46
All reviewsfresh fruitnaval air stationfree breakfastroom was cleanwafflesindoor poolgrab and gomary's collegegreat staffsouthern marylandmidnightmicrowavemdtubtreadmillgatebase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I bid on this hotel at a confrence(Silent auction). I did not know what to expect. I thought it would be great to visit St. Mary Co and help out a organization at the same time. I was totally impressed with the great customer service we received. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. Our room was extremely clean and I could not find one problem at all. Very comfortable. The breakfast was great and had a great selection. We enjoyed our stay tremendously, that we are planning another visit in October. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I'm very happy to hear you had such a great stay with us and helped a great organization in the process. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We got in about 7 PM. Great staff and they had cookies to greet us (very good ones). Went to room and checked the internet and TV and refrigerator and all operated flawlessly. The A/C was set for 62 so I turned it up to 76. Also the bathroom fan was on but the lights were not so I shut that down. The room had that smell of Fabreeze which isn't that odd these days. We left for dinner and we got back around 11 PM. I got into bed quickly. Then the next morning I noticed the room smelled a bit musty.

That evening we got back to the hotel and the AC was turned down again. We used the pool. I noticed after I got back to the room the floor was a bit wet which I thought might have come from me. But then after half an hour or so it was still wet and I was dry. The carpet was the cause of the wet feet and the smell. It carpet was actually sticky close to the window. I would guess the window had been opened during a storm, somebody didn't plug an ice chest drain, the carpet had recently been cleaned and not fully dried or perhaps the A/C failed and drained into the room for some time. Whatever... The carpet was sticky near the window and I had not noticed the first day because I never walked on that side of the room in bare feet.

Then I did something stupid. I didn't complain. It was really late and I just wanted to sleep.

So my bad for not reporting it but Fairfield's cleaning staff bad for not telling the front desk before I even checked in. Fortunately on day three and a lot of Fabreeze, the AC being used to dehumidify the room and the bathroom fans combined to make a room that was livable.

Great things:
Internet - was capable of 18 MB/s downloads and 4 MB/s uploads. I used Skype to talk to home and it was better using the Cat-5 cable rather than Wifi.
TV - very nice and had many channels. I think at least 20 were high-def.
Linens, towels, toiletries - all first rate
Breakfast - Make your own waffles or microwave Jimmy Dean muffin sandwiches. String cheese, yogurt, milk, hard boiled eggs. Multiple cereals, pastries, breads. Great service staff continuously refilling everything.
Workout room - lots of equipment and none of it broken.
Common areas - clean and free of clutter.
Cookies - available Monday through Thursday (bad thing if you are on a diet)

Bad Things:
The carpet - GAG!
TV - Marriott always reverts to CNN when turned off. I think they should leave it where the customer left it like my TV at home. I'm the customer so make me happy and I'll come back.
Parking exit - I was in Vienna Austria a couple of weeks ago and the parking in that ancient city of narrow and one way streets was better than here. They route you through other parking lots and put you either one way south on Three Notch Road where you have to drive half a mile before you can U-turn if you are going north or you can go through a neighborhood and if you don't get lost end up at the gas station next to the Fairfield. I feel for the people in that neighborhood because of the noise from the extra traffic.

Other Things:
Spa - very clean but the jets just didn't work out the kinks.
Pool - very nice but a bit cloudy.
Refrigerator - froze my blueberries when the room temperature was cranked down by cleaning staff. Worked perfectly otherwise.

Room Tip: Give the room a thorough checkout and change rooms as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great detail about your stay with us! My sincere apologies for the problems experienced during your stay. We genuinely appreciate all feedback whether good or bad from our guest. This information is used to help us in our pursuit for excellence which we want all of our guests to receive. We do hope to see you again if traveling to Lexington Park.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Both Gary and I enjoyed the customer service as well as the room. Very spacious, and the shower...oh the water pressure was sensational. I know that most people don't really care about that but when you have been on the road for sometime and tired, a good warm messaging shower is the way to go. I am use to a more firm mattress but of course that's at home. Otherwise, I would recommend this spot just for the weekend. It appears that the place might have just been renovated. The room was also very clean....no bedbugs people!!! That is a supper plus for me.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the customer service received. It is always our pleasure to hear such great reviews about guest's overall experience with us. I have been sure to pass along your kind words to our wonderful team. We hope to see you and Gary if visiting Lexington Park again!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Both Brian and Maria at the front desk were helpful and courteous. We had some minor issues with our key card which were efficiently resolved. The rooms was comfortable, fresh, clean, and equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator. The breakfast was a notch above, serving a couple of different types of yogurt, low-fat granola, and cheese sticks as well as the usual cereals, breads, pastries. The area was kept tidy by an attentive worker.

The hotel parking area entrance and exit is strange in that you can enter directly to the hotel from Three Notch but to exit you need to twist around through the nearby Hilton's lot.

The surrounding area is uninspiring but we were able to drive to get dinner and find Historic St. Mary's City.

All in all, we felt this hotel was a good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

I'm very delighted you were happy with the services provided by our great team. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team and both Maria and Brian. Sounds like you were able to enjoy your time in St. Mary's while dining in the local area and visiting St. Mary's City. We hope to see you again if you travel to St. Mary's.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We recently stayed overnight for a family wedding in the area, and were very pleased with our experience. The rooms were updated with nice fabrics and colors, clean, and well-equipped with a small microwave, nice size refrigerator, super comfy bed, chair with ottoman and a desk. When we arrived, we inquired about mass times for the next day at the local Catholic church, and Brian at the front desk said it would take him a few minutes to get the information. As we were planning on stopping by the front desk on our way out in an hour or so, we told Brian that we would come back and get the information. In our haste, we never did stop at the front desk. Upon arrival back to our room later that evening, Brian had slipped a paper with all the church information under our door. It was a nice touch and we were pleasantly surprised by his remembering our request and going the extra mile to deliver it to our room for us. Definitely the Marriott way of demonstrating care for its customers. Breakfast the next day found a great variety of items from breakfast sandwiches, to oatmeal, make your own waffles, yogurt cereal and pastries. Certainly something there to satisfy every palate! The Marriott employee servicing the area was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this Fairfield Inn when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Great to hear you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team and Brian. Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay with us and experience with the great customer service our team provided. It's always great to hear of a time when one of our team members creates a special memory of customer service at it's best.