“Updated rooms and attention to detail”

Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
bordentown, nj
“Updated rooms and attention to detail”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We recently stayed overnight for a family wedding in the area, and were very pleased with our experience. The rooms were updated with nice fabrics and colors, clean, and well-equipped with a small microwave, nice size refrigerator, super comfy bed, chair with ottoman and a desk. When we arrived, we inquired about mass times for the next day at the local Catholic church, and Brian at the front desk said it would take him a few minutes to get the information. As we were planning on stopping by the front desk on our way out in an hour or so, we told Brian that we would come back and get the information. In our haste, we never did stop at the front desk. Upon arrival back to our room later that evening, Brian had slipped a paper with all the church information under our door. It was a nice touch and we were pleasantly surprised by his remembering our request and going the extra mile to deliver it to our room for us. Definitely the Marriott way of demonstrating care for its customers. Breakfast the next day found a great variety of items from breakfast sandwiches, to oatmeal, make your own waffles, yogurt cereal and pastries. Certainly something there to satisfy every palate! The Marriott employee servicing the area was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this Fairfield Inn when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Great to hear you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team and Brian. Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay with us and experience with the great customer service our team provided. It's always great to hear of a time when one of our team members creates a special memory of customer service at it's best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night on April 14, 2012 because it is close to Pax River Naval Air Station. I have not stayed at a Fairfield Inn in a very long time and the room was much smaller than other Marriott brands. However, the room had a LCD flat screen television, microwave and mini-frig, coffee maker with bold beginnings coffee, small desk with chair, small/short ironing board and a normal size iron. If you like a firm mattress you will be disappointed, the mattress was extremely soft.

All of the common areas were very clean and breakfast was exceptional. The business center consisted of one desk and one computer. If you are a gold elite member do not expect any upgrades, although there were rooms available I was told there was a $30 difference and that was too much of a difference to upgrade elite members.

If you like very soft beds and only planning a short visit it is worth considering.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your detailed description of your stay with us! I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to upgrade to one of our Jacuzzi king rooms. I'm delighted to hear you found our amenities to be suitable for your travel and breakfast to be exceptional. We look forward to seeing you again if you travel to Pax River.
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Brian at the front desk was amazing! He gave great recommendations for local entertainment and was extremely helpful with hooking up our DVD player to the television! Always pleasant and smiling!

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your review about your stay with us! It's always great to hear that guests experienced such a great stay. At the Fairfield Inn we strive to provide the best service to all our guests and your feedback is vital in accomplishing this. I was sure to pass along your king words to Brian and the team. We hope to see you again if your visit Lexington Park.
Atlanta, GA.
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service from the moment I arrived. Breakfast was fairly typical of a Fairfield but they have a good variety including fresh fruit, yogurt, and cereals which is what I prefer anyway for breakfast. Room is nice overall and everything was very well maintained. I had no problems with anything during my stay. The only thing I don't like about these rooms is the small desk and layout that puts the desk right at the heat/AC unit so the air blows on you as you work. As a business traveller this really is a bother for me as I usually work several hours a day at the room desk. If you work at the desk the air blows right on you. I wish more hotels would think of this and move the desk to a different location in the room. Oh yea and the wall heat/AC unit at this hotel was very quiet. This through the wall types are often noisy and hit/miss on if they work or not but this one was excellent LG brand unit.

Room Tip: I always prefer the top floor so I can't hear people walking above me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Thank you for the great feedback you were able to provide about your stay with the Fairfield Inn family. I'm delighted to hear you found everything to be "well maintained." Our team strives everyday to provide the best customer service which includes friendly staff and clean rooms. Great pictures too!
maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I went to Lexington Park for the Labor Day weekend to see the Patuxent River Air Show featuring the Blue Angels. This hotel is directly across the street from one of the main gates into Pax River. Breakfast was offered but other than a muffin and a hot tea, we chose to go to IHOP for a real breakfast instead of the “continental” fare being offered. We had no problems with check in/out and our room was really nice. It was a decent size with a king bed (with a soft mattress), a big bathroom with a nice shower, a mini fridge and microwave. One of my favorite things was that it had a mirror outside of the bathroom so that I could get ready while my husband was showering and didn’t have to worry about the menopausal hot flashes taking over. I was able to stand in the path of the A/C to keep cool. The A/C unit was fairly quiet and kept the room a cool even temperature. Our room faced the main road but we didn’t hear much traffic noise nor did we hear noise in the halls. I was told the hotel was completely booked because of the air show, but we didn’t have problems with parking or over crowding in the hotel. The indoor pool was fantastic – it was about 90 degrees and felt wonderful. The hot tub was a nice size but the temperature was roughly about the same as the pool, if not a bit cooler, so it wasn’t quite as relaxing. That’s ok with me though because I like the pool better anyway. The only problem we had in this area was they ran out of towels the one day but my husband went to the front desk and they gave him a couple for us and said they would replenish the stock at the pool. The “business center” only had one computer, but at least the internet access was fast. There are many restaurants/shopping locations in the area, but not many in walking distance. (Some of these are Target, Wal-Mart, Chik-Fil-A, Burger King, Texas Roadhouse, Kohl’s, BJ’s and many others.) Rate was decent and the rooms were clean at this fairly new hotel. I will definitely stay here again next time I’m in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beelacat
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our property! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our facility. We want every guest to experience nothing less than a welcoming and comfortable experience. Your feedback is vital in accomplishing these goals and your response encourages us to excel in our efforts to go above and beyond for each and every guest! We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Very clean hotel! Nice rooms, nice staff made you feel welcome. Comfortable beds and rooms (we had 2 adults and 2 teens). Very modern lobby with large flat screen showing local weather, etc. Nice complimentary breakfast or just coffee in lobby, very handy when you have a busy day ahead. Did not have time for pool, but looked new fresh and clean. Close to the college (a few miles, that is, nothing is within walking distance to that school of course). Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank frequenttravler36
Fairfax Station, VA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for my high school reunion, and found the room clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very professional. The hotel has a free breakfast, including make your own waffles, and the staff kept the items well stocked. Not really a view at this location, but perfect for what we needed. Other friends who stayed at the hotel took advantage of the pool and enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River

Been to Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Property: Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Address: 22119 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653-2050 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Lexington Park)
Location: United States > Maryland > Lexington Park
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station 2.5*
Welcome to the NEWLY RENOVATED Fairfield Inn by Marriott located in Lexington Park Maryland. Our beautifully renovated hotel is nestled in Historic St. Mary's County located across from the Patuxent Naval Air Station. It is in close proximity to many government contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We have spectacular waterfront restaurants, scrumptious seafood, historic sites, and many outdoor activities all near the hotel. Visit the 17th century at Historic St. Mary's City, Maryland's first capital or enjoy swimming, fishing and museums at Historic Point Lookout State Park. Visit our St. Mary's College's spectacular waterfront setting where you can sail or kayak across the scenic St. Mary's River. Take advantage of our world class sport fishing in one of our Chesapeake Bay charter boats or experience Maryland's famous oystering and crabbing. We look forward to your stay with us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Hotel Lexington Park