Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
GreenLeadersGold level
“Pleasant”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just finished a 2 night stay at this hotel. I found it to be quite lovely.
I try to stay at Hilton properties every week while traveling on business.
Rooms were VERY clean (love it), had a full fridge, microwave etc... Loved the little living area space separate from bed, and the bathroom was really clean and nice.
I was not able to give 5 stars for a few reasons:
Beds were so/so...
That darn air conditioning unit- I had a really tough time sleeping b/c of that thing. It would not stay on (kept going on auto) so it kicked on and off all night. Not fun being woken up by that every 45 mins or so...
The breakfast selection was sparse.
Cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast stuff and fruit.
However, the property is new and lovely!
Nice staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for letting other travelers learn about our new Hilton brand.
Our Housekeeping Team goes above and beyond to keep our new property sparkling clean. We received a 99 out of 100% on cleanliness at our last inspection. That's truly something to brag about!
Our Home2 Brand Management Team is always exploring options to improve the guests stay at our hotels. They have actually conducted personal interviews/surveys to ask our guests whats working and what needs improving. We are most definitely not a static brand, and I'm sure we will all see tweaks and minor changes at our Home2 Hotels in the future.
See you next time you visit Lexington Park!
Joanie Rosati/DOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Maryland
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just completed a 12 day stay at this hotel. This hotel feels like an apartment, the rooms are conveniently laid out with a full size frig, dishwasher, microwave, & sink. The bathroom was nice although I missed having a bathtub. The hotel is off the street and the first time you kind of have to look to find it. Departing the hotel was easier by way of the residental area behind the hotel vice going down the main road & making a u-turn. There are numerous shopping opportunities within a couple of miles although there really isn't anything within walking distince so you'll need to drive to pick up your supplies. The work room, free laundry & pool was appreciated. The beds are not the usual pillow top beds that I usually encounter at Hilton, these beds were much firmer. I'm not able to give it five stars due to a couple of areas that could use some improvement. They have 'light' & 'normal' housekeeping days, however on a couple of occasions my room wasn't made up and I had to call the front desk. Second issue is the limited breakfast is the same every day, some variation would be nice particularly for those who are staying longer lengths. Breakfast was a frozen bagel topped with eggs, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast & fruit. Breakfast is always welcome but a little variation would be a plus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel for future southern Md. travelers. We're glad you found us!Many extended stay hotels are set back off of main roads, so they are quieter and more peaceful.
We are centrally located in Lexington Park with restaurants, shopping, and services nearby. Pax River NAS Gate One is literally across the street.
With our brand being so new, it's always good for us to hear feedback about what's working, and what needs improvement. Hilton is always exploring new options for Home2.
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you back again soon!
Joanie Rosati/ DOS
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wow! What an amazing hotel stay!! This is a new 'line' for Hilton, and it is quite impressive! All the rooms are suites, complete with *real* dishes and a dishwasher! This suite has a curtained partition that I found ingenious! So many 'extra' touches that make so much sense! Recycling in rooms and all over the grounds! Fabulous decor and so welcoming and cozy!! And the bedding beats any hotel I've ever stayed at! I talked to some of the staff during my stay and every single one of them was friendly and ready to accommodate my needs! I will look for Home2 Suites from now on - I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: I recommend the underground parking in the winter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hi!
We're so happy you found us! We are impressed too. Hilton did a lot of research before developing this new hotel line. They asked travelers what they wanted/needed-how smart is that? Home2 Suites delivers with our customizable "green" suites. We'll look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for helping us spread the word about our new awesome Hilton product!
Joanie Rosati
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for one night and loved this hotel! Check in was very easy and the staff were very friendly. They always said "hi" or "bye" or "good evening" to us as we left and entered the lobby.

The room was very nice, cozy and clean. There was a king sized bed and a pull out couch that could easily sleep two each. There was even a curtain that could be closed to separate the couch from the bed (perfect for families with small kids!). It came with a large TV, although all we used it for was watching the news in the morning. There was a desk where you could hook up a laptop to an Ethernet cord or use the free Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi was fast and didn't give us any problems (we were never dropped).

The kitchenette was far more than a typical hotel kitchen. It had a full sized refrigerator, full sized microwave, sink, mini-coffee maker, glasses, silverware, wine screw and bottle opener. You could even ask the front desk for a free stove top and pots and pans. And right outside the lobby was 2 or 3 grills that you could use to grill steaks, burgers, hot dogs, etc.

The bathroom was clean and free of mold. The water pressure was good in the shower and they had a soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower for your convenience. They gave us more than enough towels. I think I read that they only clean the towels every few days (so don't leave them on the ground!) and change the sheets on your 5th day of your stay. Very eco friendly!

The complementary breakfast was very good! They had the typical cereal, oatmeal, bread, muffins, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee, etc. All they had hot was a refrigerated English muffin with scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon and cheese sprinkled on it that could be toasted. But that was very good!

Overall, this is a great hotel. I would defiantly stay here on a return visit to the area!

Room Tip: Our room was far from the elevator, and of course came with a longer walk. If you want a room close...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello and thank you!
Reviews like yours really give folks a good perspective on what staying at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park is all about. We hope you enjoyed the extra amenities we have at our hotel (fully equipped kitchen, portable induction burners, gas grills, and privacy curtain), and if not, we'd love to have you come back and stay with us again.
Maybe next time you can go for a swim in our indoor heated saline pool, or do a load of laundry for free (that's right-FREE!) while you exercise in our combination "Spin2 Cycle" exercise & laundry room.
I was on travel a few months ago and stayed at a hotel that had "intermitent internet". It's nice for folks to know the technology at Home2 is state of the art. The 42" flat screen TV's are great for watching anything. We also have 90 cable channels available, which is a bonus for our extended stay guests.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our new hotel, and we'll look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to southern Maryland again!
Joanie Rosati
Director of Sales
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel was absolutely amazing. The staff was friendly and so helpful. The wifi never gave me problems, the room was spacious and cozy. Plus the best thing about the hotel is that there is coffee available 24/7 (gourmet, decaf, and hot water for tea). The complimentary breakfast includes cereal, yogurt, toast, waffles, some fruit, and a few hot breakfast items. It's all very basic but will definitely hold you until lunch. I made sure I woke up early to get the breakfast.

The maid service was also amazing. They cleaned everything and yet respected my things. They also left these awesome notes saying to "have a nice day" or what kind of service my room received that day.

Also, the hotel had a very eco-friendly program going on. There is recycling available at the breakfast table, and there is a recycling bin in the room. I'm a tree hugger myself so I was thrilled to see this program. :)

They also have two washers and dryers and you don't have to pay to use them. You just have to provide your own detergent. It's in the work out room, so you can work out and do laundry.

I honestly don't know what more I can say about this hotel, other than my stay here was definitely amazing. Thank you so much to the hotel staff. You guys were great.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room close to the elevator. I didn't and I got the furthest one away. I h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We are very happy you stayed with us for your DAU class. We welcome all DAU students here at Home2 Suites by Hilton!
I can see how our HSIA was a benefit for you during your stay. I recently stayed in a hotel out of town, and had bad HSIA. It's very frustrating! Especially if you're trying to do homework.
The fact that you can multi-task and do your laundry (for free!), and work out at the same time appeals to many of our frequent Guests.
We pride ourselves on our extra special "touches" that we give to our guests. All departments participate. It's always nice to receive sincere appreciation, and feel at Home2 when you're away from home.
We hope to see you back again soon, and thank you for taking the time to tell others about our awesome hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really nicely decorated and had everything we needed when we stayed two nights while visiting our daughter at college. Loved the indoor pool, very relaxing to take a swim after a long day and our room was great with a pullout couch for our 11-year-old. Staff was really friendly and helpful and breakfast was nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay at our new Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel. We are so grateful to everyone who took the time to write great things about our hotel. We love that you were here visiting St. Mary's College and we really hope you will stay with us again on your next visit. The great thing is our saline pool (salt water pool) is an indoor heated pool that is open year round, also it's so much better on your skin. Thank you so much again and have a great day!!

Stephen Kelly / General Manager
Seaford, Delaware, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was visiting area and our preferred hotel was booked..our preferred hotel manager arranged a booking for us @ Home2Suites..a very good choice ! Very impressive, as others have stated..looks like a page from the IKEA catalogue ! Staff was friendly and helpful. Security was great..felt extremely safe. Our preferred hotel has the most wonderful view...Home 2 Suites has a very refreshing indoor pool. Home2 Suites is now our #2 preferred hotel in the area..will be looking forward to staying again in the event our preferred hotel is booked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are honored to be your second choice hotel, of course if there was a way for us to be your first we would love that even more. At Home2 we are very customer focused as all hotels should be and we can't wait to serve you again as our guests. Please continue to tell your friends and family about our hotel and brand. We are a new brand by Hilton and we are still trying to get the word out to everyone. I can say that in the near future you are going to start seeing a lot more Home2's pop up all over the place, they are even talking about one in Canada. Thanks again and I hope you have a fantastic day!!

Stephen Kelly / General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md? Share your experiences!