“Convenient hours when others are closed”
Review of The Tides - CLOSED

The Tides
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrived in Piney Point on a Tuesday ... after Labor Day, so many of the places were operating on a Weds-Sunday basis due to lack of tourism. Luckily the Tides was open. The meal was very good and we were glad to find someplace we could have a nice seafood dinner when every place else was closed.

2  Thank Linda S

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wonderful crab cakes and great (strong!) cocktails. I always get good service here. It's a bit on the nice side and very good for a business dinner, but they've treated me well even when I've come in alone.

3  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I found the menu items way too pricey for what you get and the food wasn't that appetizing. Have only been there once and have no plans to return.

2  Thank hughesjm
Reviewed June 5, 2012

First of all, keep in mind that people are more likely to post about a bad experience than a good one. It's human nature, they're mad and they want everyone to know about it.

My wife and I recently dined at The Tides and had a great meal. It was the middle of the week so it was not too crowded. We had the Maryland Crab Cakes and the Filet Mignon with grilled vegetables. Both meals were outstanding. We did not feel our dinner was overpriced and the portions were just fine.

We almost skipped The Tides that night because of some of the reviews here, but I'm glad we didn't....

We will be back.

4  Thank Pat C
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The portion size of their food i very slim and way way over priced. I was not impressed by their overpriced food and selection of wine (Only).

1  Thank Marie C