“Just gross ”

Cuisines: Mexican
California, Maryland
“Just gross ”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Pretty restaurant, friendly staff, but the food is just bad. They didn't have the entree I initially ordered, so I tried the chorizo tacos, very disappointing: cold, store-bought tortillas, mushy chorizo and "pico de gallo" which consisted of some chopped onions and tomatoes, no salt, no lime, no spice. My husband had the chimichanga. It was exactly nothing like a chimichanga: small, fried taquito-sized shells with unseasoned ground beef filling and topped with weird velveeta cheese. We would not go again.

2 Thank CassieJK

Leonardtown, Maryland
“Sad decline”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place used to be at the very top of our list as a place to go out for a great value for a good family dinner. The last two times we went, however, something was very off. The food prices haven't changed, but the quantity and quality sure have. I actually understand and don't mind paying a bit more for good food, like it was before, but I hesitate to even go in there now. The food just is not the same. They even managed to mess up the fried rice (used to have veggies in it and taste good; not anymore and my son hates it now) They didn't even have mushrooms in the place the last two times I went, so my favorite dish (still listed on their menu) was not even available. My second choice was supposed to be made w/ mole sauce, but it just tasted like salt and burnt pan. I was so upset b/c we used to really love the food and the atmosphere, now it is just bad all around. The people seem bored or uncommunicative and the person running the place now has a huge TV tacked up in the middle of the dining area that on that day was playing an awful show about gross foods from around the world (ugh! Real appetizing, guys....) I would have done anything to hear the soulful Latino crooners on the old stereo again. I hope this place can come back to how it used to be, otherwise, we may have to cross it off our rotation list of venues for family lunches/dinner out.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Key T
Avenue
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat. Great service and decent food. The drinks are a little too strong, but who's complaining.

Visited June 2013
Lusby
“Cold food and wait staff is not knowledgeable”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our 2nd time at this restaurant. Both times the wait staff was unsure of what the happy hour specials were. This second trip, we had a gift certificate and were going to combine it with a coupon that was received in the local Clipper coupon magazine. We assumed that the gift certificate was comparable to cash and the coupon was just an additional savings. We were told that they would not accept both. Food was cold and small portions. We do not plan to return.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JiminSOMD
“My family goes there every Friday for Fiesta!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great service, great margaritas, great food! This restaurant competes with Salsa's (bigger menu), but it is smaller and more personable. Besides the great food (and generous chips/salsa), what our family likes the best is the fact that we can talk with less noise, and that we are treated like royalty by the staff who are also a family. We also love the location -- downtown Leonardtown!

Visited March 2013