“Best seafood in Southern Maryland”

Kevin's Corner Kafe
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Leonardtown
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Kevin's is the epitome of southern Maryland food and hospitality. You won't find a better place for that good ole feeling. The food and atmosphere will win you over, but Kevin's hands on approach are second to known.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend *loves* this place. I take her out for a birthday lunch each year, and this was the place she selected for this year's lunch. While she enjoyed her meal, I felt mine was only so-so. I had eaten here a couple of times and was less than impressed, considering the prices, so I could only hope the food had improved. It hadn't. The thing is, for the prices they charge, one would expect better food. I paid $22 for a platter including a half dozen rockfish "nuggets" battered and fried, a small plastic container (1/3 cup?) of cole slaw, and a handful of slightly undercooked fries. That's just too much. My friend enjoyed her meal which included some sort of seafood dip. Considering the fact that your meal is ordered at the counter, and you get your own drinks, I think $22 was far too much to pay for a meal that was just okay.

3  Thank Beth D
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I am always in search of a place to get a good steampot, crabs, and seafood, the type of restaurant where steamed seafood is the star. Kevin's is about as perfect as it gets. Laid back, friendly, and seafood. Not much more to want in life. I stumbled on Kevin's while searching online for a different restaurant in Leonardtown, MD. I've lived in Leonardtown for 4 months and had no clue Kevin's existed. Kevin's is a block from the Leonardtown town square, tucked behind Winegardner Chevrolet/GMC. The atmosphere is very casual. If you are looking for a "fine dining" atmosphere this is not the place for you. At Kevin's you order at the counter, grab your own drinks, and take your table number to the available table of your choice. Kevin and the rest of the staff could not have been any nicer. I had the steam pot and the shrimp and crab were perfectly steamed. To polish off a great meal they have homemade desserts. Tonight was a delicious banana chocolate cake. We went early for a Friday evening dinner so we beat the crowd. Surprisingly, for such a laid back restaurant, Kevin's does take reservations. I imagine the restaurant gets really crowded on Friday and Saturday evenings. I will be back, again and again and again.

1  Thank desertescapee
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We've had about four or five meals now at Kev's, (both lunch and dinner) and they've all been excellent. They consistently serve excellent local seafood within a great low key venue that feels really comfortable regardless of if you are having dinner for two, or a group get together. If you want the best food, stay away from the deep fried offerings. While they are good (oh, so good at times), the steamed crab, shrimp and blackened Rockfish offer the best flavor and example of local offerings. Oysters on the shell are also excellent when in season.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The only difficulty with this restaurant is that it is tucked away - you have to know to look for it. But the place is quite pleasant and the food is great. We also like to order platters from them whenever we are having a sizable group for a party. This is a sure bet - just good, local, fresh seafood.