“Great Mexican Food on a Holiday”

Salsa's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Leonardtown
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had asked two local Mexican restaurants if they'd be open for Christmas Eve evening and one said they'd be closing at 2 and the other said they'd be open til 7. I called this second restaurant the day before Christmas Eve to make sure they'd be open because I knew my daughter and her fiancee wouldn't be able to get here until 6. They assured me they would. However, when we went there, they were closed. So, deciding to try Salsa's, which we also like but is 20 minutes further away, we were VERY happy when we called that they were open. We drove there and had a wonderful meal. I think it was the best we've ever had there. It was definitely worth the extra drive, and may become our "go to" Mexican restaurant from now on. The place was surprisingly busy but the service was still very good. And the food was also very good, especially the salsa. All four of us were very pleased with our meals.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I can basically sum this up with the internet word MEH. I thought there would be something special here since it's highly recommended. I deviated from what I normally get at a Mexican Restaurant (enchiladas verdes) and tried the mixed fajitas with chicken and steak. The plus here is the portion size, which was very large. I was stuffed and I probably have the equivalent of a lunch portion left, but the reason for the average is no cheese and the tortillas (not homemade) that came 3 in a pack and were stuck together. The margarita was ok too. The TVs are tiny, so don't plan on going there to watch sports.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Awesome food!! Awesome service!!! Great prices!!! Generous portions!!!! Nice menu! Salsa's is super!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Salsa's is a to go place for Mexican. You get friendly greetings, great parking spaces and good food. I love the variety they offer and love the cheese sauce dip. My favorite is the shrimp tacos.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Salsa is a pleasant find in Leonardtown. We have eaten their several times and always found the service and quality of food to be very good. The style is relatively authentic (it's not tex-mex fast food), though nor is it really challenging. The service is efficient but the speed can almost be too fast, so let them know if you want to enjoy your drink for a while before the food turns up. The portions are also large, and you won't leave hungry. We walk out of their with two adults and a toddler full (often with the leftovers), plus and beer & wine for around $25. The value is and it's a great place to take a family or a larger group of friends. It can be noisy though (because it's popular with families/groups), so it's not exactly an intimate date-night choice.