“Good for what it is”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The waiter was painfully quiet, but attentive and efficient. The Margarita was poor with a twang of something artificial, probably bad Margarita mix. Prices are incredibly cheap, which compensates for the only adequate food. My son had enchiladas and I chose the Texas fajitas. Both came served in large quantities, that after decent chips, were too large to finish. Ingredients in the dishes were clearly cheap, but considering the cost, I can't complain. Good flavors in both dishes. Ambiance was not remarkable: it didn't detract or add to the meal. I'll probably return at some point given the limited Mexican options in the area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very friendly staff, fast service, GREAT FOOD! Good beer and wine selection. Very Reasonable prices.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm not a big fan of Mexican fare but this place has an efficient, friendly wait staff and is comparatively inexpensive with a pleasant atmosphere. It's a good place to meet up with a group of people.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Spent a few years in San Diego before coming here. Food rivals some of my favorite Mexican food spots in San Diego. Certainly didn't expect it to be this good once I moved here but now I visit there regularly, at least once every two weeks. Prices are reasonable and service is normally quick. THey do tend to get crowded, especially on Thursday and Friday nights so there may be a wait. I chalk that up to the food being really good and us having a large party since we usually dine with friends. A few of the staff always stop and talk with me since they recognize me. English isn't perfect but at least they are comfortable enough to try (I even try some of my broken Spanish too!). I usually get the Texas fajitas for one - which is actually more than enough to feed two people. I also get the Burrito California (the one with Shrimp). Also pretty good but I opt to go without the cheese sauce on top. Again, more than enough food to leave stuffed.

Overall, not very many choices for dining in this part of Maryland. Salsa's is easily a top 5 choice for me.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

There is nothing gourmet here, but it is all tastefully prepared, quick, and easy on the wallet. The staff is helpful and the restaurant is always clean.