Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great value for a very nice course.

We live just a few miles from Laytonsville Golf Course. Our family and many of our friends play... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Charlotte E
Nice course

A nice well manicured course. Lots of challenges. But it was nice and clean and plenty of fine... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2017
Bernardo F
New York City, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 20, 2015

Laytonsville has become my go-to course for an enjoyable round with friends. It is not too long, a consideration for seniors. But it contains several challenges that test various aspects of the game. The Member-for-a-Day concept works well here, with a bucket of balls for warming up, coffee and donuts for a morning snack and lunch thrown in as well. Montgomery County golf really can't be beat.

Date of experience: October 2015
3  Thank Rockvilleman
Reviewed March 23, 2015

If you need to do a quick nine to keep sharp this is a good course for that ... get on after 2:30 and you can play nine no problem before dinner and maybe 18 before dark. A few nice challeging holes mixed amid the easier/shorter ones. Fairway generally decent, same with the greens. A nice short/medium length course with practice driving range, chipping and putting greens.

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have played this course at least 20 times but have drifted away from it. I have only played it once this year. Of the 9 Montgomery County public courses, it has drifted to the bottom of my list. I have always played early here so pace of play has never been a complaint of mine. Staff is not nearly as friendly as other Montgomery County courses and it does not have any scenic holes but it does have a few quirky ones.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank TEX2MD
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I enjoying playing this course. The staff is very friendly and there are a few holes which are challenging. The one negative that we would have is the pace of play - it can get very slow especially if you have a later tee time. In past years it has taken as long as 6 hours to play. This is mainly due to the fact that they get quite a but if walkers at this course. My recommendation would be to get an early tee time (before 8:30 am) and then you can play in less than 4 1/2 hours.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Laytonsville is one of nine Montgomery County courses. It is a simple par 71 layout over rolling terrain. Very walkable. And although not a fancy layout, you have to be sharp to score well.

The course was in beautiful shape when we played, and we found it very entertaining. They had a "member for a day" program, and for a very reduced rate ($29 for seniors), we had a simple breakfast, lunch, greens fees, and cart.

One complaint would be that because it's not a fancy layout, play can be a bit slow. Lots of seniors, some families, etc. But pace wasn't too bad.

All in all, a great value on a fun course. I'd eagerly go back.

Date of experience: August 2011