See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Second time staying .. probably not going to be a third ... after several months of having my reservation, I called to ask if possible to get handicap room ... manager tried to increase my rate $100. I refused ... upon arriving was given the handicap room since manager saw me .. ??? continued problem with key card .. not opening door .. manager telling us it was us and needed to leave dead bolt latch open ... we didn't understand how to use the cards .. husband told manager this wasn't our first time using the cards ...on 5th day and after maintence had to use a crow bar to break into room the card reader
was changed .. guess it wasn't us after all ... and I haven't even mentioned the bugs ....

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
econolodge l, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Vale-Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

I’m very sorry you had an issue with the door lock. That lock we do have to use the cards a little differently that’s why it was stated about the key cards. For future please let front desk know all issues You have that way we can take care of it so on one else has to go through what you went through. Once again I do want to say sorry that you had that much trouble. We are doing everything possible to fix all issues.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

The good things:
- Check in was easy
- Staff/associates were very pleasant and welcoming
- A/C worked well

Everything else was not great, to be honest. I reserved a non-smoking room, to set the stage for my assessment. Here are the problem areas:

- The lobby reeked of cigarettes
- The hallways reeked of stale cigarettes and funk
- the elevator reeked of rotten garbage/fish (found an associate much later scrubbing the floor, assuming garbage has been transported through the elevator customers would be using)
- The toilet paper literally had mold growing in it; one roll was completely empty
- Bathroom floor was unclean
- Bed was terribly uncomfortable; pillows also had very little loft
- Door lock was faulty; door lock would not engage sometimes upon exit; you could push the door open with no effort
- All of my belongings reeked of the motel after leaving; I had to wash everything to get the stink out

My recommendation is spend the extra few bucks to stay at a nicer place - it's not worth it for the bad night's sleep. I cannot recommend staying here. I'd rather sleep outside in the elements. I had hoped for a simple, clean, inexpensive room to just stay the night; the only thing I got was inexpensive, although the cons outweigh that value.

Room tip: Find other lodging.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Trevor A

I’m very sorry that you was not pleased with you stay or your room we would have gladly moved you room if you did not like the room you had. The smoking issue is one we have to deal with everyday we do have a smoking floor and always asked if people want smoking but we have some smokers that pick non smoking rooms and then smoke in them we are trying very hard to fix that issue. Thank you for letting us know about the beds management will look into that.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Seemed ok, quiet a bit grotty, everyone smokes so if you truly want a no smoking room don’t bother. Nasty stains in the fridge and bath not cleaned so well. But in the morning I saw the horrible sight of little red bed bugs crawling around the sheets.
Red is a bad color to see them, usually they are grey: red means they are fresh full of your blood.
I told the reception, they said nothing - only Management can deal with problems. 5 hours late (of course I did not stay any longer) I get a call from receptionist who says” Management sent in ‘pest control’ who found nothing”

The so called management couldn’t even call me themselves. In case they are reading please allow me to add photos of all the bed bugs who are staying there for free without charge.
They did not care at all about this and so the same bed ROOM 208 will still be full of blood sucking insects.
Disgusting nasty place, try somewhere else

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Visited last month. This is really nice renovated property. Clean room. Very good location. Can say top of the hill. Good management and staffs. Recommend to all who are looking for good price with conform stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to take our survey. We will keep improving and hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We used this hotel for an overnight stay so we could go to Rocky gap. From the hotel it takes about 15 minutes. The price for 1 overnight stay was really cheap. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. There was no hair dryer, ironing board and a huge thing to me, a coffee maker! The coffee maker is held at the front desk. I do have to say that the fridge provided is amazingly large, which in our case held all of our liquor and drinks and there was a microwave. For 1 overnight stay, it was worth the price. Now if you plan to stay in town longer than that, you may want to reconsider.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Glad your pleased with the stay. Motel 6 does not require the hair dryer or iron but we do have them in our lobby for the guest to use. Due to we serve coffee in the lobby we do not have coffee makers in the rooms but have some in our lobby for guest that are staying for more than a day. Thank you for taking the time to take our survey and leaving us some things to maybe improve on to make guest stay better. Hope to see you again if you are in town again.