Lowest prices for your stay
Comfort Inn
View deal
Booking.com$80
Expedia.com$80
Hurb$87
All reviews western maryland front desk choice hotels room was clean hot tub stayed one night minute drive nice breakfast deep creek lake complimentary breakfast cumberland refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2017

I was really surprised at the quality of this Comfort Inn! Clean rooms - ours had a jacuzzi - nice pool, really good breakfast. Location primo - right off I-68, easy to get into Cumberland or Frostburg and points west.

Room tip: Get the jacuzzi room - cheap by many standards and really nice!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LaVale - Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again~

Reviewed February 22, 2017

My sister and I stayed for one night on a Thursday after moving my daughter into Frostburg University. We were tired and a bit grumpy. The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. We checked right in dropped our stuff and walked across the street to an awesome Mexican restaurant. The beds were comfy, the room was clean and the breakfast was very good. This is my second stay here and it will be my "go to" for every visit to Frostburg.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TerryH566
Fred L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LaVale - Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2017

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and are pleased to be your home away from home while visiting Frostburg State University.

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Excellent rooms,staff very welcoming and helpful , very nice breakfast would definitely stay again. And recommend to other travelers.only stayed one night but we arrived late and booked on the road on line.so everything was ready when we got there. Beds very comfy, and rooms were really clean

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Fred L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LaVale - Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit~

Reviewed February 11, 2017

Recently I switched my loyalty from another mid-range chain to the Choice chain. I wanted a more consistent experience, and I now have it. Still, there's some variation among the properties, and in this case that's an advantage. First, it's nestled on a hillside only moments from Cumberland, so it feels more like a lodge than a chain property while retaining the chain's advantages. Second, the breakfast was better than most: fresh and very nicely presented. Third, since we were heading west, we avoided the Cumberland commuter traffic in the morning. (Honestly, if I were going the other way I'm not sure I'd have stayed here if i had to travel during rush hour.) Hmmmm. Now that I've typed that, I'm rethinking it. This little place might be worth a little inconvenience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fred L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites LaVale - Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Thanks for staying with us and sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate your feedback. I'm sure anyone reading your review will as well. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2017

We were coming back from Washington D.C. and thought we could drive all the way home to Ohio but opted to stay here as fog was heavy through mountains and we were tired. What a great choice. It was so welcoming to see this modern clean hotel off the interstate. It is WELL OFF the interstate too - there is a buffer of woods. The lobby is so spacious. Very modern. Quick check in. Price was reasonable - $100 including tax for 2 queen beds. The room was beautiful. Beds comfortable. Only complaint: the TV kept cutting off for some reason but when we called the front desk clerk was up in 2 minutes to adjust some wires. Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choices. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. Got a very good night's sleep.

Room tip: Ask for a room backing up to woods. So much nicer than looking at a parking lot!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends