Comfort Inn & Suites
$119
$90
$125
Orbitz.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
$99
SleepInn
$139
$97
Groupon.com
$42
Priceline
All reviewswestern marylandfront desksausage gravytexas grillcumberland areapool and hot tubmorning breakfastvery clean hotelyogurtneeded a place to staywould definitely stay here againcleaning staffnext morningfitness centerroom was largeexcellent staygreat place to stay
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Escaped to Western Maryland for a few days to do some family history. We were rained out and stuck in the hotel much of the time. The daytime front desk clerk was EXCEPTIONAL. He was knowledgeable about the area and how to navigate the traffic into and out of Cumberland. Anything we asked him, he answered with friendliness and a smile. Our room was spacious, clean and welcoming with a microwave, TV and fridge. We had a good nights sleep both nights. Maids are professional and nice and were not noisy when cleaning other rooms in the early am. I used the pool and hot tub and it was marvelous. The water in the pool was clear and at a good temp, and the spa had nice gradual steps (unlike many of them) for easy entry. The fitness center was also well maintained. Breakfast was plentiful including home fries! What a treat! The internet service was spotty and slow at times but there were a lot of people stuck inside because of the weather. So I don't know if the internet service was draggy because of the storms or how many people were using the wireless, or room location or just the service but it definitely was frustrating at times. Great experience though. Good location. There are several food places and a mall nearby...minutes to Cumberland and the Frostburg areas. Price was average. This is definitely on our list to return to when we travel to the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fred L, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to compose such a detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Your home away from home!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were going to stay in Cumberland but a friend said to drive a few more miles and stay at this Comfort Inn in LaVale. We are so glad we did. It has won lots of awards and I can see why. They are remodeling the lobby but that didn't bother me, it is far enough along you can see how beautiful it will be.
The room was spacious and clean, very quiet too. That was why I was steered away from Cumberland, all the hotels there are near the rail and very noisy.
Beds were comfy, but pillows were so small, more like little squares. Not sure why they did that but that would be my only complaint. The bath was clean and fresh, fluffy towels too.
The breakfast was really good, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, fruit, sweet rolls, cereal, waffle maker and lots of drinks. Oh and yogurt too, if you can't find something to eat at this free breakfast you are in trouble.
Very friendly desk staff, and a free USA Today, what more do you want to start your day?
Easy to get to, sits back in just off the exit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandolr
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at this property the week-end of 3/22 while on business working the Western MD Home Show. I have stayed at this property at least 3 times a year for the past 3 years. This is a very comfortable hotel with the best staff of any Choice Hotel property in MD. Take it from a Choice Privileges Platinum member (over 40 nights in Choice Properties last year). They were not awarded a Choice Platinum Property Award for nothing. I've stayed in other properties in the Cumberland area but none have been as customer focused as this hotel.

Room Tip: Second or third floor in the middle of the floor for quieter stays.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 79hoop
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had 1 night stay. Hotel lobby and that 1st floor area is doing remodeling. They said it would be done in 2-3 weeks. It was kept clean. Stay was what I expected from Comfort Inn. Comfortable beds, room clean, lots of space and properly stocked. HD TV. Breakfast was the usual hot plus cold items. It was well prepared and kept stocked so everyone had selections. Staff was very good. Every time I was in contact with them they responded with is every thing ok or can we get you something. $94.00 a little high but everythings higher in the north east.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My mother and I are extremely picky when it come to hotels! However, we were very impressed with this Comfort Inn & Suites. When we checked in, we were greeted by Josh, the front desk clerk. He was very nice and very helpful. He also offered us homemade cookies, which was a nice snack. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. As we settled down in our rooms, Josh called to see if our rooms were comfortable and clean. This was a plus for me, because I have never been to a hotel, where the front desk called to see if everything was in order. Also, the pool area was the most cleanness pools I have ever seen. There were plenty of towels and the bathroom was clean. Finally the continental breakfast was very good. The menu was: French toast sticks, create your own waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, assorted cereals, fruits, bagels, and donuts. Drinks were: orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, coffee, assorted teas, water, and milk. The hotel is surrounded by many restaurants and is only about five minutes away from the mall. Overall, this hotel was excellent!! My family and I truly enjoyed ourselves. We will be back to this hotel. Job well done!! If you want a hotel that is clean, but not over-priced, go to Comfort Inn & Suites!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family