“This little gem is worth staying at! Opt for this instead of Cumberland”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were going to stay in Cumberland but a friend said to drive a few more miles and stay at this Comfort Inn in LaVale. We are so glad we did. It has won lots of awards and I can see why. They are remodeling the lobby but that didn't bother me, it is far enough along you can see how beautiful it will be.
The room was spacious and clean, very quiet too. That was why I was steered away from Cumberland, all the hotels there are near the rail and very noisy.
Beds were comfy, but pillows were so small, more like little squares. Not sure why they did that but that would be my only complaint. The bath was clean and fresh, fluffy towels too.
The breakfast was really good, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, fruit, sweet rolls, cereal, waffle maker and lots of drinks. Oh and yogurt too, if you can't find something to eat at this free breakfast you are in trouble.
Very friendly desk staff, and a free USA Today, what more do you want to start your day?
Easy to get to, sits back in just off the exit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandolr

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at this property the week-end of 3/22 while on business working the Western MD Home Show. I have stayed at this property at least 3 times a year for the past 3 years. This is a very comfortable hotel with the best staff of any Choice Hotel property in MD. Take it from a Choice Privileges Platinum member (over 40 nights in Choice Properties last year). They were not awarded a Choice Platinum Property Award for nothing. I've stayed in other properties in the Cumberland area but none have been as customer focused as this hotel.

Room Tip: Second or third floor in the middle of the floor for quieter stays.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 79hoop
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had 1 night stay. Hotel lobby and that 1st floor area is doing remodeling. They said it would be done in 2-3 weeks. It was kept clean. Stay was what I expected from Comfort Inn. Comfortable beds, room clean, lots of space and properly stocked. HD TV. Breakfast was the usual hot plus cold items. It was well prepared and kept stocked so everyone had selections. Staff was very good. Every time I was in contact with them they responded with is every thing ok or can we get you something. $94.00 a little high but everythings higher in the north east.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My mother and I are extremely picky when it come to hotels! However, we were very impressed with this Comfort Inn & Suites. When we checked in, we were greeted by Josh, the front desk clerk. He was very nice and very helpful. He also offered us homemade cookies, which was a nice snack. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. As we settled down in our rooms, Josh called to see if our rooms were comfortable and clean. This was a plus for me, because I have never been to a hotel, where the front desk called to see if everything was in order. Also, the pool area was the most cleanness pools I have ever seen. There were plenty of towels and the bathroom was clean. Finally the continental breakfast was very good. The menu was: French toast sticks, create your own waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, assorted cereals, fruits, bagels, and donuts. Drinks were: orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, coffee, assorted teas, water, and milk. The hotel is surrounded by many restaurants and is only about five minutes away from the mall. Overall, this hotel was excellent!! My family and I truly enjoyed ourselves. We will be back to this hotel. Job well done!! If you want a hotel that is clean, but not over-priced, go to Comfort Inn & Suites!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deja L
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for the holidays and the kids just had the best time! The breakfast was delicious and the service was outstanding!! The kids really enjoyed the indoor heated pool and my husband and I enjoyed the whirlpool as well. The suites are a great size for a family of 4 or more and the price was very reasonable. So if you want a family friendly place to stay with a relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff this is the hotel for you!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cruppenkamp
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very clean hotel near many restaurants and close to Cumberland and Frostburg. Some stay here on the way to Deep Creek Lake and the WISP. Check-in was friendly and easy, the staff was nice the 4 days we stayed. Breakfast was good some mornings, OK others depending on what you like (remember it is free, OK you really pay for it in the price). The pool was clean and heated, the hot tub felt good. This was our second stay here and I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OldDudeDiver
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This property lives up to its name. The staff was very friendly especially the housekeeping personnel. Breakfasts were varied so during our 6 day stay it wasn't the same thing every day. All areas were clean and tastefully decorated. I'm sure I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom M
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
Best Western Braddock Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland
Hampton Inn Frostburg
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#1 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!