“A Family friendly place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Garner, North Carolina, United States
“A Family friendly place to stay”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for the holidays and the kids just had the best time! The breakfast was delicious and the service was outstanding!! The kids really enjoyed the indoor heated pool and my husband and I enjoyed the whirlpool as well. The suites are a great size for a family of 4 or more and the price was very reasonable. So if you want a family friendly place to stay with a relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff this is the hotel for you!!!

1 Thank cruppenkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Maryland
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very clean hotel near many restaurants and close to Cumberland and Frostburg. Some stay here on the way to Deep Creek Lake and the WISP. Check-in was friendly and easy, the staff was nice the 4 days we stayed. Breakfast was good some mornings, OK others depending on what you like (remember it is free, OK you really pay for it in the price). The pool was clean and heated, the hot tub felt good. This was our second stay here and I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OldDudeDiver
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This property lives up to its name. The staff was very friendly especially the housekeeping personnel. Breakfasts were varied so during our 6 day stay it wasn't the same thing every day. All areas were clean and tastefully decorated. I'm sure I'll be staying there again.

1 Thank Tom M
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We needed a hotel close by Fairhope, Pennsylvania for a funeral. Making reservations online was a breeze. Upon arrival the Hotel with well lit and had nice curb appeal. Checking in was a breeze, and we found our room to be clean & exactly as pictured. We stayed in a non-smoking king room. It was large & the high ceiling were very aesthetically pleasing. The bathroom & shower were spotless. Checkout was also fast & painless!
The breakfast was nice & the pumpkin waffles were a real treat! All the food was fresh & there was someone there to keep it properly stocked. We had no trouble getting a seat (it was a weekday..)
I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

1 Thank MKSR2009
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having stayed here last year, we knew what to expect, and we were not disappointed. The room was clean and bright and well kept up. But I do have a caveat.

Due to a change in plans we needed a room with two separate beds, and when I called to make the change, the only room available was a smoking room with two queen sized beds. I am not a smoker, but I thought I could deal with it for the one night stay. Upon entering the room, the smell of the smoke was so overwhelming that I spent the next 30 minutes having a serious coughing fit. I cannot lay the blame on the hotel, since I had to change the room, but before I do that again, I may have to look for another hotel.
I did complain about the pillows to the manager. He told me that next time I come back, I should tell them and the hotel would give me other pillows. Those were very small (half size pillows, and very soft. I could not find a comfortable position for my head or neck. It made sleeping a little difficult. My only other complaint was at breakfast, what was otherwise a very satisfactory meal, annoyed me because the breakfast "meat" they served that day was sausage gravy, which of course came with biscuits. Fortunately, there were a lot of healthy tasty choices as well, so I did without the meat and ate other things.
All in all, I would definitely go back to this hotel again, but I will bring my own pillow.

Room Tip: Unless you smoke, go for non smoking room and bring your own pillows.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Market, Maryland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I needed a place to stay while in Western Maryland. We found the Comfort Inn and Suites in LaVale MD to be on our way. We found the facility to be in great shape with the ammenities we wanted. The hotel was right on the main strip with plenty of dining choice. It was a good stay but the rate was a bit high for what it offered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This Comfort Inn and Suites should be the flagship for all Comfort Inns to aspire to! It isn't even fair to compare this to other Comfort Inns (and we have stayed at a lot of Comfort Inns) because it is so far above them.

Upon entering you are greeted by a bright, open, lobby, fresh cookies, and friendly staff. The decor is up to date with plenty of comfortable seating. It's nicer than some of the Hampton Inns we've stayed at. The room was top notch...comfy beds and clean bathroom.

The indoor pool was excellent! Nice temp and plenty of seating. The breakfast exceeded our Comfort Inn expectations. Two choices of breakfast sausage! Plus all the other fare. We even used the guest laundry and it was clean and brightly lit.

If you have read any of our other reviews, you'll know we don't give praise lightly, but this really is a Comfort Inn you can't miss! But be warned...you'll be ruined for other Comfort Inns!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
Best Western Braddock Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Hampton Inn Frostburg
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#1 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!