Fairfield Inn Laurel
Great 4.5/5
$76
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscheese omeletfront desk staffwafflesupdated roomsthe breakfast areafree breakfastthe cleaning crewsilver springcommon areasrooms are nicebudget hotelfirst floorrestaurants and shoppingwould stay againgreat place to staythe general managerparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I stayed here a few years ago and was very pleased with my experience, so when I found I would be returning to the area last week, I chose the Fairfield Inn Laurel again. The hotel is showing signs of hard use, and the housekeeping was lacking. There were several busloads of students staying here during the week, so it made for some very crowded mornings in the breakfast room, but the woman running it seemed to keep everything clean and under control. The cleanliness of the room was an issue. The bathroom was fine, but the staff apparently doesn't vacuum regularly. I found a bobby pin on the floor the first night. The second night, housekeeping "conveniently" place another bobby pin on the desk for me, apparently thinking it was mine. I also found a fingernail on the floor, but was too tired to make a fuss and change rooms. The next day I mentioned to the front desk that I wanted the room vacuumed, and that appeared to have happened. As other reviewers have mentioned, I found the front desk staff to be not terribly friendly. They seemed to be busy chatting on their cell phones whenever I entered or left the hotel. However, the location was convenient and the bed was comfortable. In sum, not great, but not horrible (except for the fingernail....)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2008

We stayed here for an overnight last week while visiting friends. Although we arrived later in the evening the staff was very friendly. We got a king size bed and FIVE pillows! That was really great since Hubby always likes a couple of pillows and so do I. The pillows were very nice too. Everything was very clean and comfortable. My 1 and only complaint was that there was no way to stop up the water in the bath tub for a bath, and I needed to give my toddler a bath. I used a washcloth over the drain and that worked just fine.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 20, 2008

For the price of $130, this was not worth it. The staff isn't too friendly.

The hotel is located near restaurants but I wouldn't feel secure walking to them. Check-in was quick. Hotel looks a little bit on the older side.

The room looked like most Fairfield Inns but it wasn't too clean. It didn't smell fresh. And the crib I requested was not in the room. The shades for the curtains didn't close all the way, so I changed in the bathroom.

The breakfast was standard and there was ample seating.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank alohavida
GMFairfieldInnLaurel, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2008

My name is Dan Jasinski. I am the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn Laurel. I want to apologize to you for the problems that you encountered during your stay. The hotel promises to make your stay clean, comfortable with the highest quality standards. Based on your comments we did not keep that promise. Our hotel prides itself on it superior guest service. I can certainly understand your frustration with the issues. Again, On behalf of the hotel I extend my apologies for your problems. Please contact me at the hotel if you wish to speak with me further.

Dan Jasinski
Fairfield Inn Laurel

Reviewed August 16, 2007

We stayed here for one night in August 07. Very close to University of Maryland - College Park campus. Rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable. We very much enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Make your own waffles, cereal, toast, pastries, juice and coffee. Would highly reccomend.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel last week and overall have no complaints apart from the fact that due to 2 soccer teams staying in the hotel meant that the breakfast area was very very crowded and noisy every morning.

The rooms are up to the usual Fairfield standard and were kept very clean and well serviced whilst we were there. The reception staff were not exactly what I would call friendly but they were efficient and polite.

One thing that is annoying is that when aproaching the hotel from the South you cannot make a left turn into the property but must go further up and make a u-turn to come back down on the other side of the road.

Overall above average and would use again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple