Fairfield Inn Laurel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscheese omeletfront desk staffwafflesupdated roomsthe breakfast areafree breakfastthe cleaning crewsilver springcommon areasrooms are nicebudget hotelfirst floorrestaurants and shoppingwould stay againgreat place to staythe general managerparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn, Laurel several times over the past few years for business and the staff has always been wonderful. One of my complaints was that the hotel looked dated. Well, sounds like they listened - the entire hotel was recently renovated and what a wonderful job they did, all the way down to the furnishings and even small bathroom details. I continue to use them simply becasue they offer the best deal in the area for my needs - good night sleep and comfortable working environment. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, a supermarket within walking distance and much more close by. They now also offer full breakfast. I recommend this hotel and continue to rate it high. My one complain - noisy air conditioning system.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and for rooms towards the ends of the building - the ice machines are located towards the center of the "L" shaped building and could be noisy depending on activities in the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for being a return customer. I am very pleased that you found our recent upgrades wonderful and suited your needs when you traveled to the area. The recent addition of the hot breakfast has been a good way for our guests to start their day.

I apologize about the noisy air conditioner unit. We are working on getting some of the older noisy machines phased out.

Once again, thank you for your candid review and for your business both are highly appreciated.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

As guests this past weekend, we received exceptional customer service from Abel at the front desk! He helped me modify our reservation by adding a room at the last minute and even was able to give us adjoining rooms. When we arrived at the property, it was late, we were tired, but he had everything ready for us and was so friendly and accomodating. The hotel was a prefect overnight stop for us on a trip from NC to NJ, right in the middle of DC and Baltimore and fairly accesible off major highways. Will stay again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Kristin-
Thank you for your candid review about your recent stay with us.
Abel has not only been an asset for the property but has been a champion of what it means to be hospitable. We all learn from him each day and he is a pleasure to work with. I shall make sure to pass on your compliments to him.
I am happy that the hotel was perfect for your trip and we are much honored to have earned you future business, thank you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the last few years mostly for pleasure and have to say the recent remodeling is terrific. The hotel is beautiful, rooms very spacious and clean, breakfast yummy and staff friendly. The front desk person went out of her way to help me with travel ideas and also find me a great running trail close by. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for being a repeat guest of ours.

We are pleased that you have liked the recent remodeling and the brand has added the hot breakfast that we think is wonderful.

The staff and I are happy that we attended to you well and earned a return visit.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel was beautifully appointed - both lobby and room -- and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant or eager to serve. The parking lot was full late in the evening so I have to assume there were many people in the hotel. In spite of this, the room was quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered an array of choices. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay here again the next time we're in the area to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Cathy-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

We have been recently renovated and we are pleased to hear that you found the updates beautiful. The Fairfield Inn brand has also added the hot breakfast and it has been a wonderful amenity for our guests; I am pleased that you found the selection of food items suited your needs.

Despite being almost at capacity, we are happy that you found your room quiet and the accommodations comfortable.

A hotel should a place of rest after the hustle of travelling. To me, staff members are the soul of a hotel. As the General Manager here I am pleased to hear that the staff treated your well, were pleasant and attended to you well.

We are honored to have earned your repeat business and we look forward to being your host when you return to the area.

Once again, thank you for your business as well as your review

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in early September, 2013. I pre-paid with a combination of points and cash and that might explain why I got lousy rooms, but the front desk denies this. Therefore, it must be that all rooms are like those I had. The front desk personnel were very friendly and eager to please. BUT…I checked into room # 404. The air conditioner had only two settings, coldest setting or off. It was the old fashioned unit controlled at the unit by knobs under the lid. When “on” (even when the temperature knob was at the hottest setting) it was too cold. It felt like the temperature control knob was not connected to anything. When “off”, the room got hot and stuffy. I could hear the TV from another room. I could hear people talking. Slamming doors. I complained the next morning and was moved to room # 506 for my second night. I left for the day and came back at 11pm. Now I couldn’t get the temperature low enough no matter which temperature setting I selected. I set it at the lowest setting (65 degrees) but the room never cooled off. The AC would cycle on and off and was very loud. When it cycled off, I again heard the TV in another room. That TV stayed on until 2am. I again heard people talking in a different room. Again, doors slamming. After tossing and turning all night I was awakened at 5am by an argument in another room. I heard every word!
The hotel looks to have been recently renovated but all they did was put lipstick on a pig. The walls are paper thin. Its best days are WAY behind it. The construction is substandard compared to a newer Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. There are too many other hotels in the immediate area or nearby. Pay the extra $20 or $30! It’s worth it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DLEMD
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

To DLEMD,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
We do not assign rooms based on how a person has paid for his or her room. I believe that no matter what a person pays for their room they should get first class service. I am very sorry that in this instance we failed you.
I have gone over your comments about the air conditioner units with the maintenance department. We are going to make sure the rooms that you mentioned get new units ordered for them.
We did get renovated and I am very sorry to read that to you it was lipstick on a pig. If there any areas that you think we could have done better in the renovation please let me know. My email is Bombay.mbungu@hhmlp.com and I would love to hear from you.
Once again, thank you for you candid review and feedback.