“Great Place to Stay”

Fairfield Inn Laurel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the last few years mostly for pleasure and have to say the recent remodeling is terrific. The hotel is beautiful, rooms very spacious and clean, breakfast yummy and staff friendly. The front desk person went out of her way to help me with travel ideas and also find me a great running trail close by. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for being a repeat guest of ours.

We are pleased that you have liked the recent remodeling and the brand has added the hot breakfast that we think is wonderful.

The staff and I are happy that we attended to you well and earned a return visit.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel was beautifully appointed - both lobby and room -- and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant or eager to serve. The parking lot was full late in the evening so I have to assume there were many people in the hotel. In spite of this, the room was quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered an array of choices. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay here again the next time we're in the area to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Cathy-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

We have been recently renovated and we are pleased to hear that you found the updates beautiful. The Fairfield Inn brand has also added the hot breakfast and it has been a wonderful amenity for our guests; I am pleased that you found the selection of food items suited your needs.

Despite being almost at capacity, we are happy that you found your room quiet and the accommodations comfortable.

A hotel should a place of rest after the hustle of travelling. To me, staff members are the soul of a hotel. As the General Manager here I am pleased to hear that the staff treated your well, were pleasant and attended to you well.

We are honored to have earned your repeat business and we look forward to being your host when you return to the area.

Once again, thank you for your business as well as your review

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in early September, 2013. I pre-paid with a combination of points and cash and that might explain why I got lousy rooms, but the front desk denies this. Therefore, it must be that all rooms are like those I had. The front desk personnel were very friendly and eager to please. BUT…I checked into room # 404. The air conditioner had only two settings, coldest setting or off. It was the old fashioned unit controlled at the unit by knobs under the lid. When “on” (even when the temperature knob was at the hottest setting) it was too cold. It felt like the temperature control knob was not connected to anything. When “off”, the room got hot and stuffy. I could hear the TV from another room. I could hear people talking. Slamming doors. I complained the next morning and was moved to room # 506 for my second night. I left for the day and came back at 11pm. Now I couldn’t get the temperature low enough no matter which temperature setting I selected. I set it at the lowest setting (65 degrees) but the room never cooled off. The AC would cycle on and off and was very loud. When it cycled off, I again heard the TV in another room. That TV stayed on until 2am. I again heard people talking in a different room. Again, doors slamming. After tossing and turning all night I was awakened at 5am by an argument in another room. I heard every word!
The hotel looks to have been recently renovated but all they did was put lipstick on a pig. The walls are paper thin. Its best days are WAY behind it. The construction is substandard compared to a newer Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. There are too many other hotels in the immediate area or nearby. Pay the extra $20 or $30! It’s worth it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DLEMD
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

To DLEMD,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
We do not assign rooms based on how a person has paid for his or her room. I believe that no matter what a person pays for their room they should get first class service. I am very sorry that in this instance we failed you.
I have gone over your comments about the air conditioner units with the maintenance department. We are going to make sure the rooms that you mentioned get new units ordered for them.
We did get renovated and I am very sorry to read that to you it was lipstick on a pig. If there any areas that you think we could have done better in the renovation please let me know. My email is Bombay.mbungu@hhmlp.com and I would love to hear from you.
Once again, thank you for you candid review and feedback.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Jamar welcomed us and we enjoyed everything about the stay. The room had plenty of outlets in all areas, very important for that other form of re-charging we need today! Bombay loves his customers and so do all his people, through breakfast, housekeeping and checkout. A grand slam value in my book!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Walt-

Thank you for your kind words in your review.
I personally have been in the hospitality business for a while and I have to say that Jamar is one person that I have not only been proud to work with but learn from. The passion he brings to work is something the staff here admires.
I am glad the room was comfortable and enabled you to rest and recharged not only yourself but your devices as well.
In closing, customers such as you are the reason my staff and I can earn a living; and if we do not take care of them someone else will.
Thank you for your vote of confidence in our staff, the hotel as whole and the service that you received. We are happy to be a grand slam in your books.
If you return to the area we would be honored to host you again.

Bombay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean and well maintained facility. Room well prepared and stocked. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Clearly a well managed hotel. Stayed here for visit to Olney Theater. Not an unreasonable distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. Your comments are very well received. I am very happy that the staff here treated your well and was helpful.

If you are in the area we would be honored to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived on Friday August 30, 2013, The manager Carol Williams was great she jumped through hoops to ensure our stay was great. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was good . The Wifi was very fast. when I come back to Laurel This is where I would stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Lisa-

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback of your recent stay with us.
Carol the front office manager, has not only been an asset to the property and a great leader to the staff here at the hotel. I do learn a lot from her too.
I am also very pleased that all the amenities to make your stay comfortable met your expectations.
We are honored to have earned your repeat business.
In closing, thank you for being our guest and for your vote of confidence.

Bombay.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I were exhausted when we arrived at the Fairfield inn in Laurel, MD. just after midnight. We had just finished getting my daughter (a senior at UMD College Park) settled in her apartment for the school year after a longer than usual six hour drive from Long Island, NY. The hotel was only eight miles away from the college. For the most part this hotel is a great value. The only issues we had were a noisy HVAC system that sounded like a police siren and no one available to take our wake up call. If i had more energy i would have asked to switch the room! I have to say the king bed room was very comfortable, clean and perfect for what we needed that night. The bathroom counter area was very modern with granite and gleaming chrome. faucets. The FREE breakfast and Wi-Fi connectivity were superb. Got an amazing rate on the Marriott website. They also gave me extra points for my inconvenience with the room. Give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest-

Thank you for taking the time to write a candid review about your stay with us. Not only are we are honored to have earned your compliments but highly value your feedback as well.

As the leader here it is my aim to make sure that we not only continue to excel on the positives that you mentioned but to take stride to ensure we rectify our deficiencies and be better.

The hotel was recently renovated and it pleases me to hear that the additions enhanced your stay with us.

We are working on getting some of the older HVAC units we have replaced with not only less noisier units but more energy efficient as well.

I will also make sure to go over your concern about no one being available to take your wake up call. We should always have someone at the desk to attend to all our guests. This is a failing on our end, please accept my humblest apologies. My staff and I shall use this as a teaching moment to improve on our service delivery.

In conclusion, thank you so much for being our guest and when in the area to visit your daughter we would be honored to be your hotel of choice.