“CASTLEVANIA (RUN FOREST RUNNNNNNN!!!)”
Review of Knights Inn Laurel

Knights Inn Laurel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here last night trying to be cheap and trust me I got what I paid for. The rooms are dirty as hell. The Beds are rock hard you might as well be one of the flintstones. The pillowws had stains on them, the comforter had cigarette burns holes in them. The carpet looked like it had been there for 10 years and the couch looked like they picked it up curbside in the hood, the fabric was really worn and sticking out. My girlfriend almost ran out of the room when she arrived she was horrified. Plus there were a lot of weird noises and I think the owner stay in one of the rooms himself. If you can handle then stay but they will never get my money again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John W
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Laurel

Reviewed August 8, 2012

They offered me an extended stay room because of lack of availability of a non-smoking room. The two I checked were bad. I ended up with a room that was not great only to find it horrible. The MATTRESS WAS UNSPEAKABLE. Do not support a motel/hotel who has NO standards of cleanliness

Room Tip: Take your bags and go to the Motel 6 four blocks north. Cleaner and cheaper.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank R B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

For a family on a budget, the Knights Inn is a good value. My daughter and I were visiting a relative in the area for the weekend and had to spend one night at a hotel. After calling several places, we finally found the Knights Inn which gave us a good price, a military discount, and had availability.
We were in the 400-block of rooms and upon entering the room, it was HOT and smelled kind of musty. BUT, we put the air-conditioner on the highest setting and within an hour it was nice and cool and the smell either dissipated or we got used to it. Not sure which. Either way, the smell wasn't overbearing or disgusting. It just smelled like a room that needed air.

I checked the mattresses for bed bugs (yes, I'm picky like that), and the mattresses were clean and appeared to be bed bug-free! :) The linens were clean and fresh. No weird stains or smells.

The room had a small refrigerator, which you had to physically turn on, and a microwave. The refrigerator cooled down quickly and worked well. We didn't use the microwave, so I can't comment on that.

The television had basic cable from what I could tell, and was more than adequate for an evening's stay. It was not a flat-screen, but the reception and quality of viewing was perfectly fine. No complaints there.

The bathroom was tiny with little wiggle-room, but I try not to hang out in the bathroom for extended periods of time, so not really much of an issue.

The room had clean washcloths and towels, and unfortunately no shampoo or hand soap other than two tiny hotel soaps. A soap dispenser on the wall next to the sink would be a good idea for the hotel.

We had no problems checking in. Check-out was swift.

Another bonus is that the hotel is near lots of stores and quick places to grab a bite to eat.

All-in-all, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The room had been recently refurbished and was very nice with newer furnishings, plumbing (shower, sink, toilet) as well as TV/cable, very noce micro-fridge, and medium size modern microwave. The A/C was very good for the 95 to 104 hi temps. We liked the outside entrance since we could park right in front of the door. Staff was friendly and signin and signout were very easy. The only bkfst was mediocre regular coffee and no free papers. There is an extremely close McDonalds and a supermarket across the highway plus other food places, a Walmart and Sams all within 1/2 mile. It was not at all noisy but we were only there at night and had the a/c on most of the time. Our room was in the 400 building which was one of two that had been refurbed. Another two are scheduled for refurb in the next year. I dont see how you can possibly get a better room anywhere in the Balt-Wash area for under $70 and the only other convenient locations for us had two places around double this price even with discounts.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the recently refurbisheded rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob5705
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Wanted an affordable and convenient place to stay while attending meeting in the Metro DC area and using BWI to fly in and out of. For the price of $52 a night this is a good place to spend a couple of nights and not worry about paying the typical DC prices. Sure the commute to downtown is 35 minutes, but around the motel there are stores, restaurants and more. The complimentary wi-fi works fine when the motel is not completely full, but slows down as the rooms fill up. the place was clean, no frills, but comfortable and rooms included microwaves and refrigerators. The lack of a coffee maker means bring some instant coffee or be prepared to visit Panera across the street. Would stay again due to the quiet and convenience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2012

You get what you pay for, especially in this place. The price was right ($80) but the carpet in the room was rundown and the bedspreads icky cheap quilt-like. There was no way to open the drain plug on the sink (no handle, no under the sink lever, nothing) so you would just have to watch the water slowly drain down the immovable metal drain plug. The requested wake-up call never arrived (but I always prepare for that eventuality) and there are bars on the room windows. My reservation also said they would only hold the room with a credit card until midnight (after which I assume they would resell it again) - not too convenient if you land late. If you are looking to a cheap stay in the area then perhaps this may be for you, but I suspect there are better motels with a comparable rate in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My very first visit to DC Baltimore Area and I has happen to find the perfect to stay. Great place for the price and perfect location with stores around you. Was greeted well and rooms were clean. DC Baltimore Area then for sure its Knights Inn Laurel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo