“Very friendly staff!!”
Review of Knights Inn Laurel

Knights Inn Laurel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 7 days and had a great experience. Any issue (i.e. more towels, ants near the sink, sink clogged-because we accidently lost a plastic cup down the drain) was solved immediately. THe cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk manager was very sweet and helpful. My husband was looking for a flower shop in the area and the front desk manager printed out several pages of flower shops in the area and recommended ones he knew of or liked. We also had to have some paperwork overnighted to us and the front desk manager was kind enough to hold onto to it until we were able to pick it up. The front desk manager also suggested (since we were staying more than a few days) if we wanted to switch into a room that had a small kitchen (for free) once the person staying there left. Overall wonderful service and clean rooms. Best bang for your buck!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Look, I read the reviews given, and they talked about bugs, prostitutes, dirtiness, etc.

THE REAL DEAL: Look, it's a deal, it's under $60, and if it wasn't at this reasonable price, this place would be destroyed and out of business for the reviews. The BED...is HARD. The Pillows...they Suck. The Microwave and Refrigerator work great after you hit the switch. It's an old Style TV so bring your A/V Connectors, but they had Cable. I couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi, but I wasn't concentrated on that since I had my lover with me and we went out because I am from the area. It was CLEAN! Just look up Arundel Mills Mall, and go hit DC for nice restaurants. Take a 45 minute drive to the National Harbor or go to the Baltimore Harbor for kicks. Just don't ask the front desk for the most expensive restaurant...they told us "Bob Evans" across the street..lol. hahaha. (And he was serious...hahahahaha)

Were there prostitutes...yes, but not at the hotel, the McDonald's adjacent to it across the street is obviously is the negotiations area...and the hotel is cheap, where would you go if you wanted sex??? You guys act like people don't have sex in these rooms...there is a sign (that this place does not provide), it's called the *DO NOT DISTURB SIGN* It's not like they are going to break down your door and rape you to take your money, how about ignore the riff raff. Surprise! People rich and poor use every hotel room for sex. DUHHH

There were no bugs, the building is old, so it smells like a building...what were you expecting??? Bring your Air Wick and plug it up, I and my lover had no issue.. The bathroom is kinda small if you are a couple, so no late night pampering baths.

THINGS TO BRING: A Nice Pillow, A Nice Comforter/Sheet, Iron, and Alarm Clock. Also bring Shampoo, and maybe an extra towel for yourself, just in case you stay over 3 nights.

I am going to use this place again. It's the most reasonable for reasonable people. If you want a 4 star hotel for 2 star price...you are just asking too much. It's worth the money.

So...not good for bougie business people, good for out of state lovers. So so for families on the budget, and great for friends or if you are rolling solo with no expectations.

This Review was by VTheGreatOne

Room Tip: Bring Pillows, Comforter, Shampoo, Extra Towel and a Cheap $7 iron from Walmart....and some McDonald...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vthegreatone S
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Please, do not stay there! The rooms are dirty! Wireless network does not work! In the evening there are prostitutes and even people that obviously seem to have criminal background. Our bed has been very dirty and we just slept on our own blankets and towels. We didn't even feel safe cause the safety chain seemed to be very used.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris K
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I choose Laurel for our stay because it was midway between Baltimore and Washington. I was a little reluctant due to some of the reviews I read. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly and actually given an upgrade to a kitchenette at no extra charge because I was staying for a full week. The room was in very good condition, clean and not a bug in sight. The walls must be thick because we heard no noise at night. Everything was in good working order, no funny smells or anything. Is it possible that new management has turned things around? I would stay there again no questions asked.
The motel is convienient to everything. Many stores & restaurants, some within walking distance. The drive to Baltimore and Washington were both 20 minutes with easy access to the Baltimore/Washington Highway. The MARC train station which we rode into Washington is 2 miles away in the town center.
We were informed of two very good local restaurants by the front desk staff. Pasta Plus is semi upscale with some of the best Italian food I ever ate and Bottom of The Bay, definately local low budget fare in a very low key location but the seafood was tremendous. Don't let the decor scare you away.
In short, if your looking for The Ritz, them shell out a whole lot more cash and stop dissin the place. We were treated very professionally by the front desk and housekeeping and enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed out back, very quiet area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Checked in at 12:30am & slept very well. I think someone reviewed the hotel as having bed bugs but none were in my room. The room had amenities such as a fridge, a/c, microwave & an old TV. It is an old motel but kept clean. The only thing missing was some shampoo (I am hoping this was an over site buy the cleaning staff. I had my own) & an alarm clock. Remember this is a Knights Inn & not the Ritz.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Arrived at six no room ready. I was given a dirty room with one bed when I paid for two. Finally got the correct room but was accused of trashing the first room
Too many cops means trouble. I was treated horrible by staff. Do not stay here. It'd not worth the cost. Next time I'll spend a little more
@@

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank aerokossa
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I would rate this hotel with 3 stars rather than the 1/2 that it shows. For just a motel stay, it was a decent room. Much better than the Ramada I stay in the night before!! great w-ifi service, which means a lot to me. the only complaint i have is that the towels were cheap, thin. I guess from now on, i'll be staying at "1/2" star motels. lol.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo