“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Vancouver, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed 6 days, rooms are OK, a little unkempt but that's more to do with age than the cleaning service. Looks like they are in the process of fixing it up. Stayed with two teenagers going to a concert in Washington DC. The Inn seemed to fill up with workers staying a week at a time but still we felt safe. Free breakfast and WiFi, no issues there. The location was OK for what we needed, but you will need a car to get around, not many things in walking distance and about 15 min driving time from the Baltimore Airport. I picked this location because DC was so expensive and it was between the airport and DC. Driving to DC was about 30 min.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Sunnyvale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was traveling on business to a nearby institution. My primary needs were a clean and comfortable place to rest, reliable Internet connectivity so that I could work, and a decent breakfast. The room was mostly fine, but the other items were below average.

The biggest problem was that two different employees failed to include my roommate's name in the room's record, even though I had conversations with them about him, with the result that my roommate was denied entry to the room on two different days and had to find somewhere else to go until I returned. Although employees agreed with me that this was entirely unacceptable, no one seemed particularly eager to make amends (or, in the first episode, to make sure it would not happen a second time).

The Internet connectivity was spotty, especially in the evenings. One evening I had to resort to using a network that seemed to be coming from a different building.

Even though I came to breakfast during the first half of the allotted time, on one morning they were out of yogurt, and on another morning they were out of bacon. Given the small variety of protein that was being offered in the first place, these were significant omissions.

There was an old used bar of soap sitting on the top shelf of the shower console. I don't know how old it was, but it appeared to have a layer of dust on it.

An overarching problem seemed to be that no one with clear authority was on site. Everyone seemed to be just an employee who was just doing what s/he was told. At one point I asked to speak to a manager, and the guy who had just told me he couldn't do more because he was following the rules (and whose position on his nametag was "Front Desk") told me that he was the closest thing to a manager who was available. Several of these problems could have been dealt with more effectively by someone who was willing and able to make a decision.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Suitland, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Book room through Priceline (you get what you pay for). The hotel did not have any non smoking rooms available. The table in the room was pass worn and the chair cushions were dirty. There were no additional outlets in the room to charge up cell phones or computers. The bathroom molding was old and discolored. The shower head was old and needed changing. The hotel had one working ice maker. The swimming pool hours were from 1pm to 8pm..huh? Young kids who were not staying at the hotel were hanging in the lobby and breakfast area one night when my daughters and I returned back to the hotel, suffice to say the police were there as well. I will stay further into Laurel around the shopping area instead of Old Town Laurel, if I need to stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lebanon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Rooms was clean. Generally quiet. Staff fine. Breakfast was a bit below requirements - food replenishment slow. Otherwise, no complaints - good value. Place is a couple miles off interstate, and a few turns

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
North Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stacey L., manager, should get a big, fat raise because she's awesome! Coming to Laurel for a wedding, room block full and she was unhurried, professional and accommodating. So many times I feel like the reservation process is just getting rooms booked and staff doesn't give a rats a$& about your trip. Stacey was truly helpful and made the booking work for me, the customer! Imagine that! Give that woman a raise!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
SaLiverpool, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Erin M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your reservations experience. It is our mission to provide an exceptional guest experience from start to finish. Please let us know, how we may further be of assistance as you prepare for your upcoming visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I searched online prior to my traveling for a four star hotel in laurel md..looking at the price of this hotel it was affordable based on my budget.I really enjoy my stay for about a week in the hotel.The room was well spacious and looks well maintained,I personally inspected the room for mold since am allergic to it,but was mold free and moreso the Internet and breakfast was excellent.Though i had a problem connecting with the internet but the black maintenance guy was so professional and responded in a timely manner to assist me.I will definately stay here each time I come around.I also had a problem with the house keeping supervisor( she's extremely rude) and arrogant otherwise it's a place to be.I was able to get in the pool and also use the fitness centre

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Tai B,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I will be sharing your comments with my team. Pease come back again to see us soon!
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've had an extended stay here.....Recovering from the hospital... EVERYONE has been very caring....It feels like home....The accomodations are super. The entire staff is VERY friendly. Housekeeping do an excellent job. My room is always fresh and clean. I enjoy the breakfast. It has a wide selection of food and is quiet tasty. The management truly cares about the guest and wants their experience to be the best it can be. I feel welcomed here and plan to stay again....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
msbonnie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Comments like yours serve as encouragement to our entire team. I will be sure to share your experience with them. We look forward to continuing to serve your lodging needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Laurel
3.5 of 5 stars 92 reviews
Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Laurel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia / Laurel

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!