“Strange hotel.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Strange hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a strange hotel. There is not one particular thing you can criticize, but I get an insecure vibe while visiting there. One time you may get "no heat/air conditioning," another time: "no hot water." The problems are always resolved. I've never had a negative incident outside, but the surroundings (downtown Laurel) seem "threatening;" that's silly I keep telling myself. A lot has been invested in refurbing this property. My most recent stay was in a most pleasant, fully upgraded room, generously sized, and "fully equipped." The breakfast is adequate, but nothing special. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The accommodations are clean. I've stayed at this hotel several times on business. It is convenient, and the clientele is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
thompson1963, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for the comments because they give the staff and I a chance to try and correct the issues you found. Laurel is in a small city in Maryland and hardly nothing happens. Your most recent stay was great and this is pleasant to my ears and the staff.Let me be the first to thank you for staying here on several occasions, because this also tells me we are doing something right. Thank you and have a great summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Quality inn In Laurel, maryland on Januaey 1-2, 2013. The building is in decent shape, and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. By far one of the best places to stay in Laurel. The breakfast is pretty good, and the waffle maker is magical! The front desk staff could use a but more training, but they are still friendly and keep their professionalism even when difficult customers give them a hard time, The day manager, Mr. David Wiggins was very courteous, helpful and when a problem arouse with my stay, he was quick to solve it. It is also nice to know he supports our troops by himself serving in the Army for 9 years. He was quick to show us support for upcoming deployment. I am very grateful to know there is still good customer service in this world. Cheers!

Room Tip: Check in is at three o'clock and check out is at noon. If you want an early check it make sure y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I wish to thank you and your friends for being a part of our Military forces and protecting our country. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you're ever in this area again we would be your first choice to stay.Please accept my apology for responding so late, and as the Miltary say there is no excuse but there is a reason.The staff and I are praying for you and the rest of the troops. Again thank you for your support.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

stayed in quality inn laurel on dec-10-12. the place has potential, the location is not bad, close to the train but very quiet, the front dest staff are nice and friendly. the problem is that the hotel is old, bathroom falling apart, thin and old blankets, and odor smell in the elevator and the hallways. not bad, but need some work

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed there for one night. In the evening, around 9 pm, fire alarm went on in the hotel and with small interruptions stayed on for 2 hours ! Why? Because front desk was unable, unskilled, too stupid to get rid of the situation. Overall we were offered a 10 % discount which is ridiculous keeping in mind that our 2 girls (one Baby) were totally messed up this night... Manager next day was unfriendly and selfish. First and Last stay in a Quality Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I made reservations online through a hotel reservation site, when I got to the hotel the person at the front desk was not professional at all. He swipped my credit card and charge me for for the room after I had already made a credit card payment throught the reservation web site. His explanation was that he had to process a hold payment for possible damage to the room, however there was no payment hold. Instead he made a payment transaction and charged me again. The room I booked was for a single w/king bed. The front desk person said they only had one room left and it was a double bed, I accepted the room but when I got there it was actually a single w/king bed. The room was horrible, the smell of bleach was strong enough to burn your nose. The place was just dirty from the shower curtain to the floor. I went to the front desk and demanded another room. The guy gave me another room which was right accross the hall, the room was worst the my original one. When I went back and expressed that the 2nd room was just as bad the person at the front dest said "Well I don't know what you should expect, after all this is a Quality Inn." Well I expect a room that is in decent condition. I regretfully decided to take the original room given to me, It was very late and I was extreamly tired and had no more money to book another room. I left and went to WalMart and purchased blankets because I refused to let my wife and I sleep on their drity comforter or sheets. The next mourning the cleaning woman just walked in my room while knocking on the door at the same time. I was absolutly furious, I had to drive back the next day to get my money back after noticing the double transation on by credit card statement online. This woman at the front desk was not apologetic at all and seemed to have no sympothy for what I had experience. Quality Inn will never get my business ever again.

Room Tip: look at the room before booking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
thompson1963, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
As the General Manager I would like to apologize for all of the issues you faced as a guest at our hotel.There is no explaination for this type of service. We try to exceed the guest expectation and looking at our reviews before this one we were on the right track.I had a meeitng with my staff and explained to them how one mistake could make the difference with our hotel guest. I'm hoping you will contact me and allow us a chance to make things right. I can't change what happen that day but If you allow us the opportunity we can change the moment. The staff and I really care about our guest and we want every guest to feel that the money and time was well worth it.

David Wiggins
Owerri, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a nice time at the hotel during my stay in September, 2012. The staff at the reception were quite friendly and effective. Check in was seamless. The hotel General Manager exhibited an inviting humility in his interaction with me, when I had cause to deal directly with him. The hotel staff I encountered were mostly committed to making my stay comfortable. It location close to a metro bus stop also made movement pretty easy. I felt quite at home at the hotel. I will stay at the hotel when next I am in Laurel, MD. I recommend Quality Inn & Suites, Laurel MD to anyone looking for a home away from home.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Yeadon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The place was very nice. This was a first time for the Quality and we were very impressed.
When we travel again we will surely checkout Quality. It was a good location for the place where we were going.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thompson1963, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
The staff and I wish to thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance to leave a lasting impression on you. If perhaps you are ever in our area again please feel free to make our hotel your home away from home.