“Good food, bad live music”

La Palapa Too Mexican Grill
Ranked #16 of 197 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hate to bash the entertainment, but every time we've sat outside, we wished the music was inside. The only thing I can compare it to, is the Will Farrel duo on SNL. Just terrible, But go for the great food, not the music.

There are newer reviews for La Palapa Too Mexican Grill

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This restaurant has solid Mexican food a a reasonable price. Nothing out of the norm but I have always enjoyed the fajitas and nachos. The place if very busy and loud, so don't expect a fine dinning experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

The food is wonderful. It is very fresh and has the best sangria around. Everything on the menu is worth trying!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I enjoy the food at the original location in Ellicott City, and they have brought their recipes to this strip mall establishment. Located just off Rt 29, parking can be tough during busy times, but there is plenty to be found in the business park behind it. There are a lot of ongoing specials to get people in the door: we were there on all-you-can-eat taco night, and it was also the 5th of the month so we could have availed ourselves of one of the "cinco de mayo" drink specials. (Actually, I thought we had but as I examine my receipt I see our margarita came up regular price.)The meal always starts with a bowl of complimentary tortilla chips, warm and served with a spicy red salsa. It is easy to fill up on those before your meal. They have many selections, but we always go through the menu and order the same thing every time. My wife gets the chicken molé because while the chicken is usually tender, she is a huge fan of their mildly spicy sauce. At their other location especially, sometimes the server will make sure you want the molé. Apparently a lot of people see the word "chocolate" in the description and are unprepared for an actual spicy sauce. I always order the Burro Cortes. Beef tips in a burrito, but served with a delectable red sauce that I enjoy immensely. While I really enjoy their entrees, I do find them a tad overpriced. We sat outdoors, getting a prime view of the parking lot, but it was nice on a cool spring evening.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went here for the first time for dinner during Cinco de Mayo. Even though there was a lot of people, we got a table fairly quickly. The chips and salsa they give you while you wait for your order is awesome. I got the Tacos al Pastor. Not bad. The wait seemed a little bit too long, but then again I can forgive them since it was a holiday. We had the Sopapillas for dessert. Yummy. The place is clean, and the decor is typical Mexican motif. Prices are comparable to other similar restaurants. Limited parking. This place is a safe bet if you want Mexican food.

1  Thank visi2r1