“Whoever is giving Red Roof Inn a 2 ☆ rating is an idiot!! I truly hope politics does not remove this review!”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Whoever is giving Red Roof Inn a 2 ☆ rating is an idiot. I will take this chain any day over a Holiday Inn, Choice Hotels, Super 8, or Motel 6 chain. You get alot of bang for your buck. Rooms clean, no old cigarette stains or burns, nice t.v, clean linens, oh and everytime I stay at one of the properties, everything works. I do alot of travel for business and pleasure. Over the last year and a half I have conducted my own personal, independent study. I have stayed in several hotel chains some before and after so called renovations and change of management. I have frequented Red Roof Inn before and after the renovations. Hands down I will take this chain any, ANY day of the week. No breakfast, but heck you have to realize two things, no dining service keeps cost down and who wants to eat where you are residing or in a room, that is too much like being at home. When you are out, enjoy yourself. My opinion, easy 4 ☆. But dont take my word, I am just one man with an opinion. I dare you to try for yourself!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank new1man9
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your very encouraging words about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel and at Red Roof Inns in general. We are pleased that you've always had positive experiences with our brand and it is our hope that your review will help other travelers book with Red Roof Inns with confidence.
Thank you once again and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel gets a bad rap because of the area but truth be told the hotel itself is good!! It's recently been renovated & upgraded. There is Security on the premises and Dunkin Donuts next door. If you need a clean room, a TV and no other fusses...this is the hotel to stay at while in Laurel. You can't beat the quality with the price = Very Reasonable. I will recommend to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. We are very pleased that you had a great stay. Such a positive review is very encouraging to us as we double our efforts in ensuring nice clean rooms at affordable prices. The new Dunkin' Donuts is indeed a great asset and very convenient for our customers, and very soon in the Fall Towne Centre at Laurel is opening for shopping opportunities. This shopping center is just 3 miles away from the property.
Thank you once again and we look forward to being of service to you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, traveling between NC and NJ. We looked for a hotel that was along the route and offered a good price and was within an easy drive of DC and Baltimore for day trips. When we arrived there were several people ahead of us. The guy at the counter could not get the room that he said he reserved. He would not take no for answer. After 10-15 minutes, he relented. When we got to the desk, we were told our room was on the 3rd floor, even though we requested a ground floor room and there were rooms on that level. After some reconfiguring, we got a standard king on the ground floor. It was after 7 PM, and there were several people lingering in the parking lot. When we pulled into a parking space, there was a creepy guy sitting in the window, staring out and watching our every move. As we unloaded our van, several more people were lingering around the parking lot. It seemed kind of shady. The good news is that the room was clean and spacious. The room was comfortable and there were many channels available on the flat screen. Housekeeping maintained the room very well. The internet access was fine. The location was perfect for trips into DC and Baltimore. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants available in the immediate area. For the price, this hotel fit our needs.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.

We appreciate your comments and continue to strive to provide the best service at the best rates.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was surprisingly pleased when I stepped into the front door of Red Roof Inn in Laurel, MD. I had some dear friends that needed an nice reasonable place to stay. I was welcomed by Ms. Endie. She was very kind, professional and helpful. She assisted us in the right room for the right price. Her courtesy and professional mannerism rivaled any top notch hotel. My friends felt right at home. The stay wind up being longer then we thought, but the kindness, courtesy, and professionalism never stopped. The Manager, Ellen Peace Azu continued the wonderful treatment that my dear friends received. The rooms were newly renovated, so they were ver y clean and spacious. To date my friends have been there for 9 days and continue to receive great service and a clean spacious newly renovated room. Thank Ms.Indie and Ms. Ellen.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your guests enjoyed their stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us as it encourages us and lets us know the different areas where we could improve.
I have shared your review with Indie and the rest of the staff.
Thanks again for choosing the Red Roof Inn Laurel and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The room was fine... For the 5 minutes I spent in it. My electric key card door would not reopen after I left the room to bring the rest of my bags in. I spent hours waiting for a manager to first come up with a solution and then to send maintenance. It's now 10pm and I'm still waiting (it's been 3 hours so far)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Mulletduke
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I'm truly sorry about what happened with the lock the night you checked in. This is not a common occurrence and I can assure you that we're working hard to make sure it does not happen again.
I thank you for your patience and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in a twin bed room on the first floor of this hotel. For the price, the room was adequate. The windows were sealed shut, perhaps a security issue. This caused a major lack of air in the room. After 10 minutes in the room I had to stand with the door open to get some fresh air in the room. However, as I couldn't do this all night,I had to succumb to breathing stale air all night.

There was absolutely no fresh air in this room and hadn't been any in perhaps the past 10 years. The hotel should have some type of air flow so you don't feel like you are sleeping in a coffin.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Orit M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry about the discomfort you experienced in your room. All our rooms are equipped with air conditioning units and so I'm sorry if the one in your room malfunctioned.
Thanks again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to better serve you.