Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Everything was fine except we were on the 3rd floor & the elevator stopped working. Very clean, comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Wife likes clean & I love water pressure. This had great water pressure. Easy on & off. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn. I'm glad that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Guest feedback like yours is always an encouragement as we continuously strive to improve our services.
Thanks again, and it is our hope that you stay with us the next time you visit this area.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was probably the nicest RRI I've stayed in - and I've stayed in a few. It is sporting the new modern look and it lived up to the billing with nice hardwood floors and new furnishings. No one is complaining when the polyester comforters are gone! Cheers to the RRI chain for stepping it up.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Wireless worked good. Linens were slightly better than you would expect from a budget chain. Nice clean shower and good water pressure. No complaints at all! The bathroom was huge - maybe because I got an accessible room.

We were about 20-25 minutes outside of Washington DC, so not what I'd call super convenient to the city, but when you are weighing price and cleanliness in it was worth the commute. I'd be happy to stay here again for sure, though I would likely look for something comparable closer to the city. Seems like there's slim pickings for well-rated budget hotels any closer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Your review was a pleasure to read. We'd like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope that you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel. Close to BWI parkway. Quick travel to DC and surrounding areas. Hotel was clean, neat and rooms smell great. Good coffee in lobby and staff was helpful and pleasant. No noise and the rennovations look great. Will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.
Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It also helps other prospective travelers make their lodging decisions with confidence.
Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I'll sum this place up with four words.. Drugs, prostitutes, police and crime. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and find a better part of town to stay in.
Came here for a quick stay and I honestly wish we had just stayed somewhere else and just slept in the car. This place had prostitutes walking around with fishy guys standing in the dark just staring. STAY AWAY!!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Awafa01
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. We appreciate all your comments and are reviewing the security reports and any other information about what may have occurred on the property during your stay. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at the property to provide me with more information about your stay. Our guests are very important to us and it is our goal to provide a safe environment for all our guests.

Thank you once again and it is my hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The red roof inn is clean. It is basic but you get what you pay for. I never saw any bugs or cockroaches which is essential.

What really impressed me was one particular staff member whose name is Angel. She was incredible. She was kind, helpful, always cheerful. I travel ALOT and she was one of the best hotel staff members I've ever dealt with!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Angel and the rest of the staff have read your review and I can assure you that comments like yours are very encouraging as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our services.
We thank you once again and it is our hope that we can be of service to you in t he very near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is much better now than how it previously was. Prices are good for the rooms provided, the staff is friendly, & check-in was a breeze. More suited for a quick "rest stop" type hotel. I'm from this area so the atmosphere is good with restaurants, grocery & convenience stores nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. It is gratifying to know that you had a good stay with us. Please come back again! We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Red Roof has a few things that I was willing to overlook (such as a cracked bath tub, stain on the tub, blanket with burn holes in it) but after my experience I have to include them. Here are my additional, main complaints:

(1) When I checked in, there was an added charge to my bill for a safe which no one mentioned when I made the reservation; very deceptive. Don’t forget to have it removed when you check out.

(2) When I went to my room the smell of cigarette smoke was extremely strong. I called the front desk and was told that my room was a smoke free room. I was offered another room but refused at that time because (a) I had only enough time to freshen up to attend a meeting; and (b) I thought that the problem was temporary and the smoke would evaporate by the time I returned. I returned approximately 6 hours later and when I opened the door the smoke was even stronger than before (even though the air conditioning was on full blast). I called the front desk again to complain and was not offered another room this time but told that some sort of a machine would be placed in the room to monitor/eliminate the smell. I asked if the machine could be placed in the room while I was there and was told it could not be done because there was no access to the machine at that time; the machine would be placed in my room AFTER I checked out (which was very unfair [and I do NOT believe that the machine would actually be placed in the room]). I went to bed with the air conditioning on high and every blanket/sheet on the bed over my head. Needless to say, when I returned home I had to wash/clean my clothing - everything reeked of smoke as though I were in a bar! The hotel has “100 percent smoke free” signs which is a big joke! They are promising something that they are not delivering!

(3) When I checked out the computer was allegedly not working. I reminded the receptionist that I did not use the safe and asked that the fee charged for such safe be returned to my credit card, which I was reassured that it would be. Two days later the money was not put back on my card and I had to call again, to which I was told that it was an error and the money would go back to my card, for the second time.

Even though the price of this room was decent (especially with my AAA), it was not worth it, especially for non-smokers. There are other facilities in the area. Knights Inn has received the same rating as this Red Roof and I see that they are under new management. They may be better. Leave this Red Roof in your rearview mirror!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marcyNewYork
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations.
When guests bring problems to our attention we listen and attempt to solve them.
Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention and I hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Laurel
Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade
Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel? Share your experiences!