Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$116
$72
Travelocity
$76
Travelocity
All reviewsrite aidgrocery storedunkin donutsdesignated areapost officechinese foodteam memberssuperior kingroom was cleanshopping plazau turngas stationduring rush hourquiet at nightfridge and microwaveshort drivefront desk lady
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked a 5 night stay for business in the Columbia, MD area (a community west of BWI / Baltimore). Single woman traveling alone for business. This motel was approx. 15 minutes away with city bound traffic during rush hour. Newly renovated and a job well done there! The room actually smelled great and I think the whole hotel is non-smoking. I'm not sure about that, but my room was definitely non-smoking and it smelled lovely. (I often bring a candle to drown out certain smells, but no need here). This Red Roof Inn is certainly no-frills, and has a motel-y feel to it. That said, it was a truly nice stay. It's newly renovated with new linens and the floors are all wood (actually, wood laminate, but it was extremely nice and CLEAN, I loved the floors! why don't all hotels do this when they renovate?) I had a flat screen TV with lots of channels including HBO. The cleaning service did a nice job every day. The desk staff were nice. The bed was very comfy though I'd recommend your own pillow unless you like thick ones. Keeping in mind that this m/hotel is a 1.5 or 2-star (not the Plaza in NYC) and that I paid under $60 per night for this room, I was 100% satisfied with my stay and I would absolutely recommend it for anyone. I would not have been unhappy to have paid up to $70 per night in such a major metro area for this room. Small negatives: There was NO hairdryer nor coffee maker in the room so be prepared. You can get coffee in the lobby. The hotel is walk-up so I had to lug my bag to the 3rd floor (but that only happened one time up and once down, no big deal). And, the first night the cleaning staff hadn't left any shampoo, but I had my own so no biggie. After that, they left it every day. And, consider bringing your own pillow - the motel's pillows were brand new, which was very nice BUT I don't like the really thick pillows they had because they're just too tall for me (so I got a neck ache). All in all, very nice budget experience, I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: My room faced the back parking lot and was super super quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your comments are very encouraging. I believe your comments would also help other travelers who need such information as what you provided to make decisions more confidently regarding accomodations during their travels.
I wasn't sure whether you were aware that we had an elevator at the property. We also have other room types that come with Microfridges, coffee makers, iron and ironing board and hair dryers. We have extra supply of irons and ironing boards and hair dryers for the guests at the front desk. I do apologize that you were not made aware of the options we had available.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was renovated and in good condition. Our room was very clean and adequately sized. The bathroom was clean and the A/C worked well. The location of the hotel itself is convenient to many stores and a great selection of places to eat. It is also very close to the highway and a short drive to the Washington DC Capital area.

Red Roof Inn was definitely worth what we paid. Would use again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay this past month. I do apologize for the delay in responding quickly to your comments. We very much appreciate it because it is encouraging and keeps us aspiring to provide better services and hospitality to all our guests. Indie and Myron have read your review and are very pleased that their efforts were noticed.
I thank you once again and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am a Sales Manager and I have stayed at this location multiple times. The front desk staff is excellent and the check in front desk clerk Kathrine is fantastic. She remembers me and is genuinely glad to see me and greets me with a big smile. My rooms are always clean and in order. The room rate is a great value for the area.

However there are no desk lamps or luggage racks in any of the rooms. This also applies to the Superior King rooms. As a sales Manager I spend a lot of time in my room typing reports and emails. This is very difficult when the keyboard is constantly in shadow. When your luggage is on the floor it is a royal pain to access it. In summary when I stay at a Red Roof I expect certain constants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel F

I apologize for the delay in responding to your feedback. I do want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I'm sorry about the inconveniences you experienced but am pleased to let you know that we finally received desk lamps for all our rooms to provide better lighting. We have also started receiving luggage racks for all our rooms. Your comments are very much appreciated and I have shared them with all the staff. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us.
We look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I were traveling with pets for an event nearby. We found the Laurel Red Roof to be beautifully renovated and the staff very accomodating. We loved the site as it seemed safe and was very quiet at night. The nearby stores (within walking distance) were a plus when we needed to get some supplies. We have stayed here before and definately will again, based on this weekend's stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Please pardon my delay in responding to your feedback concerning your stay with us. I thank you very much for taking the time to let us and others know how your stay was and what a great value they can expect when they stay with us.
Thank you once again and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a king size bed. The room is non-smoking now, but I could definitely tell it had been a smoking room at one time. That smell lingers. The floors are hardwood, not the cleanest, but not filthy either. There was a microwave and refrigerator, which I really like in a room. There was noise outside my room on the third floor past midnight. The neighborhood is not that great. The price is good, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Renee789Infintel
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Laurel. I'm sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations. Our goal is for our guests to check into clean comfortable rooms in a quiet and safe environment. Your comments are very much appreciated as they help us to improve the different areas where we fail to meet our guests' expectations.
Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.