WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Orlando, Florida
“Good Stay!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was renovated and in good condition. Our room was very clean and adequately sized. The bathroom was clean and the A/C worked well. The location of the hotel itself is convenient to many stores and a great selection of places to eat. It is also very close to the highway and a short drive to the Washington DC Capital area.

Red Roof Inn was definitely worth what we paid. Would use again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay this past month. I do apologize for the delay in responding quickly to your comments. We very much appreciate it because it is encouraging and keeps us aspiring to provide better services and hospitality to all our guests. Indie and Myron have read your review and are very pleased that their efforts were noticed.
I thank you once again and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am a Sales Manager and I have stayed at this location multiple times. The front desk staff is excellent and the check in front desk clerk Kathrine is fantastic. She remembers me and is genuinely glad to see me and greets me with a big smile. My rooms are always clean and in order. The room rate is a great value for the area.

However there are no desk lamps or luggage racks in any of the rooms. This also applies to the Superior King rooms. As a sales Manager I spend a lot of time in my room typing reports and emails. This is very difficult when the keyboard is constantly in shadow. When your luggage is on the floor it is a royal pain to access it. In summary when I stay at a Red Roof I expect certain constants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel F
I apologize for the delay in responding to your feedback. I do want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I'm sorry about the inconveniences you experienced but am pleased to let you know that we finally received desk lamps for all our rooms to provide better lighting. We have also started receiving luggage racks for all our rooms. Your comments are very much appreciated and I have shared them with all the staff. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us.
We look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I were traveling with pets for an event nearby. We found the Laurel Red Roof to be beautifully renovated and the staff very accomodating. We loved the site as it seemed safe and was very quiet at night. The nearby stores (within walking distance) were a plus when we needed to get some supplies. We have stayed here before and definately will again, based on this weekend's stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please pardon my delay in responding to your feedback concerning your stay with us. I thank you very much for taking the time to let us and others know how your stay was and what a great value they can expect when they stay with us.
Thank you once again and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a king size bed. The room is non-smoking now, but I could definitely tell it had been a smoking room at one time. That smell lingers. The floors are hardwood, not the cleanest, but not filthy either. There was a microwave and refrigerator, which I really like in a room. There was noise outside my room on the third floor past midnight. The neighborhood is not that great. The price is good, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Renee789Infintel
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Laurel. I'm sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations. Our goal is for our guests to check into clean comfortable rooms in a quiet and safe environment. Your comments are very much appreciated as they help us to improve the different areas where we fail to meet our guests' expectations.
Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Angola, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The parking lot was lit up at night, the room was clean, Bed was comfortable and the shower had water pressure that was amazing after 4 days on a motor cycle that shower was the icing on the cake. We couldn't have asked for more for that price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laurie B
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. It is very encouraging and re-energizes us to continue to do our very best to be of service to our guests. The detailed information you provided is truly a help and enables others to book with us with confidence.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Overall a fine experience. Front desk staff was very friendly - no name tags, otherwise I'd mention by name. Room was nicely appointed and clean.

Location was a bit sketchy, but that's probably why it's cheaper than the Manassas or other red roofs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. We appreciate the time you took to let us and others know that you had a good stay .
We look forward to being of service to you the next time you require lodging in the Washington DC area.
Thanks again.
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Needed to book a quick, cheap reservation in the DC area. I wanted something close to a metro so I wouldn't have to drive into the city.
Settled on this place because it was under $50/night and it was supposed to be within a 15 minute drive of the Greenbelt Metro (as per Google maps and not anything put out there by the hotel - locals know better re: 295).
I got an ADA compliant room on the 2nd floor. Didn't need ADA but it was the cheapest booking. There's an elevator if you need it. The room was pretty true to the picture. Had hardwood laminate floors. No fridge or microwave in my room but that's totally okay considering what I paid. Very clean. The sheets and towels had that good, clean bleachy smell. A/c worked well (like it cold!) Large flat screen TV with a modest but completely acceptable channel lineup including CNN, HBO, and HBO2. Overall, a simple, clean setup.
Bathroom was huge and clean.
Very quiet. Did not hear any of my neighbors.
Comfy bed!
Location is just off 295-S at the Laurel-Bowie exit. 295-S stays clogged in this area, even on a Saturday, so allow plenty of time to get to DC or even the Greenbelt Metro.
There's a small strip mall a short walk away with a pizza place and Chinese food. McDonnalds, Taco Bell, and other eating places are a short drive away on Bowie-Laurel road going towards Laurel.
Walmart and Target are an exit away on 295-N.
Especially for what I paid, I found this place to be an extremely good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lemongrrl
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very excited about our newly renovated property with all new rooms. Your comments could not have painted a better picture of some of our rooms. We do have other moderately priced room types with Microfridges, Iron/Ironing Boards, Hairdryers and coffee makers. The last phase of the renovation is about to begin with the painting of the exterior of the building and we look forward to having our guests come back to enjoy the finished product.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.
Thanks again.