“Not sure about this one not in the best area of town!!”
Review of Super 8 Laurel

Super 8 Laurel
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Not sure about this one not in the best area of town!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was our first stay at a Super 8, we went to reception and we had requested a ground floor room, but our request was not met. Our room was at the back of the hotel looking over a body repair shop for cars - lots of banging!! The room was big and clean but I am not sure on the area around the hotel - I did not feel safe.

Room Tip: Not sure on this one as at the front of the hotel is a main road so may not be quieter than the back...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have been staying in hotels in the DC / Baltimore area for over ten years and this hotel is one of my favorites. It is a great price and is located centrally to Washington DC and Baltimore. The rooms are always clean and smell fresh. The owner has been investing a lot of money into the property and keeps things nice. There is also a sports bar on the property called Fat Daddy's Saloon. It is a fun place with Karaoke every night, awesome bartenders, lots of TVs, beer pong, cornhole, darts, pool tables, drink specials for happy hour, & Ladies night every Thursday. Stay at the hotel and walk back and forth to the bar. You cannot beat it!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank BobbyMax
Reviewed June 25, 2005

If you like to stay in clean places, do not stay here. my entire stay was horrible. the breakfast provided consisted of about two donuts, hot milk, and about three types of cereal to choose from. the pool was the size of a bath tub. my room floor was soaked and all my clothes smelled like they had mildewed. all of the doors on the outside were painted different colors. also, the lock an my door didn't work, and I definitely felt like I needed it in the neighborhood where the motel was. the motel staff was not really nice and wouldn't provide you with towels. there were also no clean sheets/ blankets. one of my friends had to cover up with a towel, because we didn't have any sheets or blankets.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2005

This Ramada was so disgusting. Our room had a water leak of some sort and our carpet was soaked. It smelled and we finally got a new room. While in the moldy, stinky room, the maids didn't clean our room or change our sheets. They barely gave us any new towels, frequently we had to go to the front desk and ask for some. Most of the time the desk didn't have any clean ones and we had to wait until later. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 6, 2004

I guess the layer of toxic chemicals was supposed to mask the cigarrette smell in the "non-smoking" room, but I left with a hemorraghing nose the next morning - ahh, maybe it was the dry air. This place has it all--grumpy staff, mold in the bathrooms, peeling wallpaper, junkyard in the back, dingy dirty furnishings, rattling heaters, sticky carpet, dive bar next door and... brand new bulletproof glass in the lobby!

The Best Western down the road is nearly the same price and a whole lot better.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member