“Don't stay here”

Northeast Garden Inn
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed September 12, 2013

There were two of us, so we got a room with two queen beds. Our room although it looked clean didn't feel clean you could see stains on the carpets the walls were dirty the carpet felt dirty I avoided walking on it in bare feet. We had two queen beds and 3 very flat pillows, went to the front desk to ask for extra pillows and tissues since our room had no tissues in the holder and my allergies were out of control. Person at the desk could not help us with pillows he told me someone would be there in the morning ok that is a huge help since I am checking out in the morning. So back to the room issues, light on the nightstand only had one light bulb instead of two and the second one was burnt out. There were two lights by the desk one worked one didn't. Bathroom issues, tub was running and could not be turned off, lights over the sink did not work and shower head looked filthy. I would recommend you stay elsewhere. When I told the person at the front counter in the morning all the issues I had with the room the response I got was I'm sorry I can give you a discount on your next stay, my response was NO I will never stay here again. Oh and I forgot to mention I have a strong feeling this may be a welfare hotel, seems like a lot of transient people were there. I also forgot to mention pool was closed and so were dining facilities so no breakfast available.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room if you want a microwave and mini fridge
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ikldt
garden0900, Guest Relations Manager at Northeast Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2017

Dear ikldt,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am a active duty member just arrive here in MD from across country to get station here while I have my wife that is going through chemotherapy so I wanted the good hotel for her specially her being working in the hotel for over ten years and she is very picky. Well first the hotel under construction and the room is okay not clean enough but my wife did not mind, unfortunately we were disturb on our second night staying in the morning when we have a do not disturb sign on the door, that's not all then we were accuse to have a pet and they went to our room while we have a do not disturb sign again just to go in. My wife told them they're not so post to be doing that and that's when they told my wife we have a dog and she inform them and "when u went to my room did you find a dog" and he reply "No ".Wait that's not all, my wife gets very ill and she was throwing up because the meds is making her ill and when I ask to get a new sheets they refuse to help us out even when I explain her situation he didn't care and keeps telling us talk to the same manager that was no help at all in the beginning when we inform them the first problem. I am just disappointed to be treated this way, I am active duty and taking care a sick wife that's going through this cancer and this owner really treated us really bad. I would never recommend this hotel and right now I am filling through BBB about this property, they really have broken a lot of hotel regulation and not only that they were not helpful to assist there customers needs specially we are paying good money. Don Not Stay in this Property

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Strohl

Dear Strohl,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hopefully you are reading this before staying there, not after like I did. Within ten minutes of being there, I saw three prostitutes, a pimp and a drug deal. This was at 11 in the morning. It just got worse from there. The rooms smelt like a mixture of urine and curry. It was so disgusting, we went to Target to buy cleaning stuff and scented candles. It didn't help. The blankets have cigarette burns all over, the remote for the TV didn't work, although someone made a nice attempt to tape it together, then the cable TV was snowy anyway, probably because they are stealing it from somewhere. The problem was the people. In total, I saw 6 prostitutes, three drug dealer groups, 2 pimps and a couple of meth heads. This, BTW, is between the hours of 11am and 7pm, because we just left and found another hotel. I didn't feel safe there. This hotel should be shut down. I feel like I should be tested for Hep A through Z cause that place is so nasty. DO NOT STAY THERE....unless you're looking for drugs, prostitutes and VD.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank bshaw45

Dear bshaw45,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Do NOT stay here. Showed up to blood on sheets, hole in hallway wall where air conditioner was, & smoke detector unplugged & hanging off wall. Graffiti everywhere. Expedia reviews seemed fine for 1 night stay, price was great but....DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank SqrlNtkn

Dear SqrlNtkn,

I am terribly sorry to learn that you experienced so much difficulty during your stay. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping and maintenance issues. The fact that we've failed in this regard is very disheartening. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed for two weeks while travelling on business. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean and the staff is polite, friendly and helpful. There are NO extras like breakfast; even the morning coffee in the lobby is just barely there. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, so for a stay of more than a couple of days one could manage rudimentary meals. Restaurants and shopping is within walking distance and parking on premises is adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For less than 50 bucks a night, this hotel provides a... kind of clean place to sleep and a dirty bathroom. You may or may not get your room cleaned daily... out of the 4 days we stayed 2 of the days we had maid service, 2 days did not. Bathroom floor was filthy, but towels seemed clean. Bathroom door was held together with nails, and would barely close, once closed, became difficult to open. Booked a Non-Smoking room, received a room with a king bed, 2 ashtrays, with one full of ashes, and a STRONG odor of smoke. Brought concern up with staff, and they promptly switched my room, which no longer had a smoke smell. Had to get key-card re-activated daily. Lucky I only slept in this room, and didn't need it for anything else. If you are strapped, and need a place to sleep, and aren't expecting much, go here, otherwise, spend the extra $15/night for somewhere better. The area we were staying in was separate from the main building, and the "secure" door was broken for 3 of the 4 nights we were there.

Room Tip: Tower is "newer" and supposed to be non-smoking/pet free.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

If I could give this place a ZERO I would. 1st of all the hotel was DIRTY the towels and the shower had hair (which wasn't mine) they no longer looked white either, the hallways smelled horrible and you had to go outside just to get to the lobby if you were placed in the back building. The doors were just about broken off. I wanted to throw up just looking at the place. I refused to even touch their things. The soap, lotion, and shampoo was literally just thrown on the sink. Last but not least they have a price advertised but they charge you more than what they advertise saying "that is old, we need to change it" It was disgusting and I will NEVER RETURN THERE AGAIN and I advise that you don't even attempt to look in their direction

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple