“NEVER STAY HERE!”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Baltimore, Maryland
“NEVER STAY HERE!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Do NOT stay here. Showed up to blood on sheets, hole in hallway wall where air conditioner was, & smoke detector unplugged & hanging off wall. Graffiti everywhere. Expedia reviews seemed fine for 1 night stay, price was great but....DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SqrlNtkn
garden0900, Guest Relations Manager at Northeast Garden Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2017
Dear SqrlNtkn,

I am terribly sorry to learn that you experienced so much difficulty during your stay. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping and maintenance issues. The fact that we've failed in this regard is very disheartening. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed for two weeks while travelling on business. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean and the staff is polite, friendly and helpful. There are NO extras like breakfast; even the morning coffee in the lobby is just barely there. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, so for a stay of more than a couple of days one could manage rudimentary meals. Restaurants and shopping is within walking distance and parking on premises is adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For less than 50 bucks a night, this hotel provides a... kind of clean place to sleep and a dirty bathroom. You may or may not get your room cleaned daily... out of the 4 days we stayed 2 of the days we had maid service, 2 days did not. Bathroom floor was filthy, but towels seemed clean. Bathroom door was held together with nails, and would barely close, once closed, became difficult to open. Booked a Non-Smoking room, received a room with a king bed, 2 ashtrays, with one full of ashes, and a STRONG odor of smoke. Brought concern up with staff, and they promptly switched my room, which no longer had a smoke smell. Had to get key-card re-activated daily. Lucky I only slept in this room, and didn't need it for anything else. If you are strapped, and need a place to sleep, and aren't expecting much, go here, otherwise, spend the extra $15/night for somewhere better. The area we were staying in was separate from the main building, and the "secure" door was broken for 3 of the 4 nights we were there.

Room Tip: Tower is "newer" and supposed to be non-smoking/pet free.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 9, 2013

If I could give this place a ZERO I would. 1st of all the hotel was DIRTY the towels and the shower had hair (which wasn't mine) they no longer looked white either, the hallways smelled horrible and you had to go outside just to get to the lobby if you were placed in the back building. The doors were just about broken off. I wanted to throw up just looking at the place. I refused to even touch their things. The soap, lotion, and shampoo was literally just thrown on the sink. Last but not least they have a price advertised but they charge you more than what they advertise saying "that is old, we need to change it" It was disgusting and I will NEVER RETURN THERE AGAIN and I advise that you don't even attempt to look in their direction

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I wrote a 4000 word review on yahoo. Worst hotel experience I've ever had...and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. Disgusting rooms, rude staff that doesn't speak english hardly at all, and I'm pretty sure I saw a pimp outside in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kelly G
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Couldn't sleep because of urine smell all over!
Disgusting bathtub I asked them to clean took pictures after they clean it unbelievable! Took pictures of the towels I wish they would post them instead of what they show online, undescriptable!
....and no hot water for a shower!

This Hotel should be closed it is a Health Hazard!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MCC_0512
Washington D.C.
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I went here because it was cheaper ($60) and just moved here and wanted to be close to Ft. Meade, but it was disgusting. The staff I could not understand too well, but they were rude from what they could say. A big thing is in my room the white, somewhat see through window cover covers all the way, but the one to make the room dark only covers half way! So I saw light coming into my room. The room smelt like body odor and the blanket smelt very bad like it because they did not change out the top blanket. They did not change the sheets either because I found 2 pubs in the bed!! Disgusting! I pulled off the bedding and felt itchy and slept on my pillow and clothes because of what I found. Also, they advertise online every room has wifi and at the hotel they have a $45 a night rate and $255 a week so I told them i would like that and they explained it's on their old side and I'm on the new side for my price and the old side does not have wifi because it's "broke" and I asked them why do you advertise online that you have wifi in all places then. Left, and if you use Expedia, you can get into Super 8 in Laurel for the same price or a couple bucks cheaper and it is so much better!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. Like I said surprisingly Super 8 a couple miles away is way nicer and a great p...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Laurel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Laurel
Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Busines...
#1 of 2 in Annapolis Junction

Been to Northeast Garden Inn? Share your experiences!