“Great find & stay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Mount Vernon, Texas
“Great find & stay”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wonderful stay, perfect for our needs (shuttle p/u from BWI & shuttles to Greenbelt metro) to visit DC on a budget. Nice location, nearby restaurants, better than average breakfast, and attentive staff. Mr. Wayne is wonderful and courteous shuttle driver who made for a better than expected chauffeur! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
Sara F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Laurie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel Lakes and giving us the honor of serving you and your family! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff was able to exceed all your expectations, especially Mr. Wayne. I have shared your comments with him and he was humbled by your kind words. Please come back and visit us soon as Mr. Wayne and my team would love to host you and your family again.

Sara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
Texas City
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great hotel! The rooms were great, beds were comfortable and clean. Not far from the D.C. attractions. The breakfast was great and the hotel staff were very professional and nice. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jose,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to have had the opportunity to serve you and excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel Lakes. I am personally delighted to hear that our staff was professional and our rooms exceeded your expectations. We are located in the perfect location right between Baltimore and D.C, and hope you had a great time in time in D.C. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and recommending us to your friends. I hope you will come back and visit us soon Jose!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I love this hotel, Beds are amazing, so quiet around the area, great food places around it. Staff is awesome, I come here all the time, and would highly recommend it. I also used this hotel to stay a bunch of family once who came down to visit. They all loved it too!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nomie H
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to first thank you for being such a loyal customer to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel Lakes and giving us the continual opportunity to serve you. We are extremely humbled by your positive feedback and could not be more grateful to host you at our property. I am delighted to hear that all our staff was friendly, professional and accommodating to you, and your family. We take pride in acknowledging all our returning guests and providing the best services to all our guests. I would love to have the opportunity to introduce myself the next time you are in town! Thank you again for your loyalty to the IHG brand, particularly to our property. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Everything was very good. Jessica greated us well, told us of eating places......
Room was clean, quiet, and good size. Everyone was helpful and informative about the area.
The breakfast was very good with a lot of selection. I can se why they are number one in Laurel Pa.
We have used HIE many time and we have found this one very similar to others so we would return if we come back to this area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sara F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel and giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are greatly humbled by your positive feedback and are happy to hear you will come back to visit us soon. I am happy Ms. Jessica was able to assist you during your stay with us and will share your kind words with her. We take pride in providing exception service to all our guests and going above and beyond to exceed their expectations. Please visit us again soon. We look forward to seeing you and serving you again!

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2014

If you have more than 4 people in your party, then don't rely on the pull-out sofa bed. It is extremely uncomfortable - you can literally feel each and every spring coil.

There was only one person/manager on duty at night, who tried his best, but would not give an additional room for free. Whereas the manager in the morning stated that the we should have been offered a complimentary room, since rooms were available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sara F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay with us at HIE. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences the pull-out couch may have caused you and your guests. We strive to provide the highest quality service to all our guests and I invite you to email me directly if you would like to discuss your concerns with me in more details. My email is sara@holidayinnexpresslaurel.com. Thanks again for your time and choosing to stay at HIE.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was very surprised by the quality of the rooms. Stayed two nights, which was perfect. The front desk was responsive and professional. Our room was very clean upon arrival and was maintained during our stay. The hotel was in close proximity to everything we needed. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Do not chose any rooms such as 420, 520, 620, etc... as they are all by the ice machine and washing...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harlemstyle
Sara F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your business and giving us the opportunity of serving you. We are also humbled that you took the time to provide some feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that, you not only found our location was convenient for your stay but also that our room was comfortable and clean. All the amenities we offer are tied together by the staff that we have on hand here at the hotel. I am pleased that not only were they friendly, but helpful as well.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel, we are honored to have been of service.

boston
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Holiday Inn is definitely not my idea of a good time. Each of the three times I have stayed in one it was because I had no other viable alternative. That being said, the experience was considerably better than I expected adn much better than my prior two experiences. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The room was ok, clean but no frills.The room was on the larger size and there was a welcome bag of treats which was a nice touch (and which saved me at 2 am when I was famished). The bed was ok but one of my pillow had seen better days and was quite lumpy. The bathroom was tiny. The toilet almost touches the door when you open. The toilet is also practially inside the bathtub. Also, my room though on the fifth floor got a lot of noise from people coming into the hotel late at night so I would suggest light sleepers request a room facing the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank meleetyme
Sara F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel and giving us the opportunity to serve you. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the review you have given to us. We are happy to hear we have exceeded your expectations as a Holiday Inn Express. Our hotel take pride in the service we provide and strive every day to exceed all guest expectations. Thanks again and please come visit us again.