“Comfy rooms and great front desk guys”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Praha
“Comfy rooms and great front desk guys”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Easy to find, free parking, very friendly and prof. staff. Spacious room. Really high standard for HI Express. We had a complimentary breakfast, fruits, eggs, ham....all you can eat...really good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sara F, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this review. Your feedback is valuable to us and the service we strive to provide everyday. We take pride in providing the best quality service to all our guests and I am happy to hear we were able to met your expectations. Please come back and visit us soon!

Sara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

so I check in late after a delayed flight & am put on a floor with a bus-ful of kids on a springbreak vacation to DC. Actually, the kids were quiet... it was the damn chaparones that kept talking all night... I literally had to go out and say something to them. Not much I guess could be done unless I wanted to try & switch rooms at 1:30am... very frustrating. Breakfast was the usual for HIEx... too many choices to return here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sam M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We try our best to make our hotel feel like a home away from home. Your concerns have been shared with the team and we will try our best to monitor our group reservations better in the future.

Sara Fung
Irvington, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Perfectly fine hotel with friendly staff. We were there for a soccer tournament and our needs were few: clean and comfortable room, breakfast, working internet. Check on all of that. Lots of food choice around. Breakfast was hard to judge because it was in full speed use with lots of soccer girls and boys vying for food. I couldn't get what I wanted but as I said it was an unusually busy time. Staff was very friendly. Room could have been cleaned a bit better -- we found someone left their clothes behind in one of the drawers. And, they made me plunge my own toilet which was a very weird experience, certainly a first for me in a hotel. Shouldn't maintenance do this?????

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We strive to deliver exceptional services to all our guests and your input is important to help is enhance our performance. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. You concerns have been shared with the management team and any concerns will be addressed. We hope to see you back here again.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is certainly a good one as far as location is concerned, but I wanted a heated indoor pool because I have arthritis, and swimming is part of my exercise program. The CAA book stated "heated" indoor pool. When I phoned to book, I asked what time the pool opened, and was told it was open all day. It wasn't, it didn't open until 4 p.m. and the pool was definitely not heated. I complained to the lifeguard, who said that he had complained to management, but nothing had been done.

The running toilet was fixed immediately, so I assume other complaints would have been dealt with quickly as well.

I felt the room could have had a little more attention. There was no liner in the waste baskets on the second day, and one of them had been left sitting on top of the dresser. The small soaps and shampoo had also not been renewed. I just felt that whoever did the cleaning must have been in a hurry. I didn't complain about this, because I thought not much could have been done before we left.

All in all, it is a good hotel, because it was clean, comfortable and breakfast was good. I requested an accessible room, which it was, and check in and out were done very quickly. I just felt that I had paid for a "heated" pool, which I didn't get.

Room Tip: We had an accessible ground floor room right at the end of the corridor, so we could park in the dis...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. We strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations everyday and your input is extremely important to us to improve our services. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay and wish we could have better accommodated your needs, Your concerns have been shared with the management team and the situation is currently being evaluated, and will be addressed accordingly. Thank you again for your feedback.

All the best,
Ohio, Illinois
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a good experience at this hotel. Staff was friendly and helped us out with all our questions when we wanted to travel to DC and back.The rooms look new with nice size TV.
We enjoyed the pool and were happy we didn't have to drive in the city and the hotel arranged to drop us at the metro station.

Room Tip: Several choices to eat in the area
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a great feedback. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us to ensure we exceed all Guest expectations at all times.
Please come back to visit us soon.

Sam M
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was impressed by this hotel. We have only stayed at Marriott hotels in the past and could not find anything last minute and my sister suggested this hotel as it was close to college park area.My sister was very happy with her previous stay here. Very modern and clean hotel.The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were clean with extra beds so the kids could sleep separately without all of us cramping in one bed.
Kids enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast on Thursday morning.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate the your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Please come back and visit us soon.

Best,
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We visited the hotel for our Sysco regional meeting and were able to check in few minutes early.The hotel was full with kids and few parents around. The hotel team did a great job keeping all these kids calm and the next morning we were able to get our breakfast away from the groups.
The rooms smelled good and very spacious for three of us to share one room.
Good choices for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business