“Fantastic Stay !!!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Sykesville, Maryland
“Fantastic Stay !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I needed to get away and go somewhere and relax and I found the perfect place ! Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel lakes . Very Modern and up to date.They have everything I need computer room , a nice indoor pool , gym, nice complimentary breakfast etc. The suite was so comfortable and relaxing and the Manager Kastelin was so helpfull and professional with a smile !
Yes a must place to go again !!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are Great and the Hotel is surrounded by all the good restarants of your choice !!! Ju...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

First time visit. Comfortable, convenient and spacious. Enon Austin the manager during my visit was exceptional. Great customer service. Will certainly return again. Great locations - lots of local restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel on our recent road trip to Florida. This hotel was very modern in decor and clean. We checked in very late at night and made our reservation at the last minute. Upon checking in, I asked if there were any luggage carts available. (I had luggage for a family of four). The front desk told me that other desks had taken them and not returned them and that there was nothing they could do to assist me. The front desk, seeing I was upset, finally sent a security guard to look for them; however, after about 30 minutes with no information I decided to haul all of my luggage up myself.

When I got to my room, I found it to be very clean and up to date. The bed was comfortable and we were able to get to sleep quickly; however, around 1 am we were woken by a student group staying on the same floor. I figured the aforementioned security guard would quiet them down shortly - however, I was wrong. This was made worse by the fact the doors were quite thin and did a poor job of stopping the noise.

I would not stay here again as a result of the hotel's customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your honest feedback on your experience.
We try to exceed all our guest expectations and fulfill all of our guest requests in a very timely manner.
I know it was very late in the night when you checked in and the night desk person was alone at the desk and could not leave the desk at the time.

The few guest checked in before you had kept the luggage cart in their room and failed to bring them downstairs. We have trained our staff to inform all the guests to brings the carts back after they use them.
Once again I apologize for any inconvenience you had and would like to invite you back to our hotel.
Please fell free to contact me if I could be of any assistance in the near future.

Sam
Middletown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The staff was friendly and attentive. The lobby and common areas are updated and fresh. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was nice, but not outstanding. I would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stay there with my wife and 4 kids in a room. worked out pretty well with a blow up mattress that we brought. Pool was good for kids, life guard was very nice. Half hour from DC and Baltimore, without traffic. Lots of restaurants nearby. Overall very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I would first like to thank the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express located in Laurel, Maryland. I have had a wonderful extended stay here being displaced out of my home due to electrical issues. The room was superb! I have stayed in a number of hotels around the world that offered wifi service but it did not always work. However, the internet connection in my room and in the lounge areas in the lobby was great with NO interruptions. The housekeeping staff is so pleasant. They are on their jobs everyday ensuring that we as the guest have everything we need in our rooms. Cleanliness is very important to me and I must truly say this place is number one. They serve a variety of delicious items daily for breakfast which worked perfectly for me since I have special dietary needs. I highly recommend to travelers to let this be your first place of choice to stay. I have really enjoyed myself.

Councilwoman Valerie Nicholas

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor because I love the glass view facing the front of the building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

EXCEPTIONAL customer service and staff! I felt very welcomed while I was staying here and my room was always spotless! The housekeeping department of this hotel knows how to do a great job! There was a caring attitude of every staff member and a great sense of hospitality. The front desk did a great job of checking me in and out and had a great smile. I will return back to this hotel. Thank you for a great time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo